Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 1st Apr (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City match, tactics and predictions :)

shmmeee

Huge game. Massive. Bigger than the last, but not as big as the next.

Have this down as a loss on my pessimist predictor. They’re in great form, but so are we. Big crowd usually means moaning and a crap performance (unless it’s Wembley). We don’t tend to come back from breaks well.

Gonna sit on the fence and say 1-1 draw. But honestly not sure which way this’ll go.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Hamer Sheaf Allen Bidwell
Gyokeres Walker

S: Moore, Panzo, Dabo, BNC, JWE, Howley, Godden

Grendel

Rus?

skybluelee

Same team that started against Blackpool but Godden in for Walker, and hopefully Allen back on the bench.

Feels like a massive match with the 6 pointers taking place elsewhere, a real opportunity to further close the gap on the top 6.

mmttww

Absolutely buzzing for this one.

Same XI as Blackpool.

Allen, Godden, WBs is a strong bench.

Terry Gibson's perm

Noticed that Ian Wrights grandson who the press were raving about was on the bench for Northampton at the weekend I guess nepotism can only get you so far.

Bugsy

No changes for me, start the same team as Blackpool
Maybe Panzo for Doyle if needs be depending how he comes back from international duty.

3-1 skyblues and in the top 6 we go....PUSB

Paxman II

Stoke have had a uplift in form of late but that's no real indicator. What bothers me is we are unbeaten in 8 matches? But tbf we should have far too much for a very indifferent Stoke & the players should be fully aware what this means if we get 3 points, so should not need motivating. We will make chances, we must make sure we take them.

shmmeee

Some stats:

Stoke

Overall form: DDWWLW
Away form: DWWLLL

City

Overall: WDDWDW
Home form: DWWDWL

Best possible post match position: Any win and any Millwall L and Norwich L/D or a Norwich win by two goals less than us would put us 6th.

Worst: 10th if we lose and West Brom beat Millwall and Watford beat Luton

Brighton Sky Blue

Some stats:

Stoke

Overall form: DDWWLW
Away form: DWWLLL

City

Overall: WDDWDW
Home form: DWWDWL

Best possible post match position: Any win and any Millwall L and Norwich L/D or a Norwich win by two goals less than us would put us 6th.

Worst: 10th if we lose and West Brom beat Millwall and Watford beat Luton

One other one worth throwing in-we haven’t lost to them since 2008, including that famous cup tie in 2018.

shmmeee

TBH think we’d be better off being 7th after this, so Millwall and West Brom draw as WBA have a game in hand on us.

shmmeee

Perfect weekend

City win
WBA Millwall draw
Sheff Utd beat Norwich
Watford beat Luton
Birmingham beat Blackburn

Table:

4 Luton P39 64 +10
5 Millwall P39 61+8
6 Blackburn P38 61 +0
7 City P39 60 +11
8 Watford P39 58 +6
9 Norwich P39 57 +10
10 WBA P38 56 +8

Point behind 5th, 4 off 4th. West Brom can’t catch us, best goal difference in the crowd. Then hope Blackburn don’t win their game in hand and it’s entirely in our own hands at that point.

Sky Blue Pete

Stoke have had a uplift in form of late but that's no real indicator. What bothers me is we are unbeaten in 8 matches? But tbf we should have far too much for a very indifferent Stoke & the players should be fully aware what this means if we get 3 points, so should not need motivating. We will make chances, we must make sure we take them.
I’m sure it’s 9

shmmeee

One thing you’ve got to hope is Stoke are the definition of a midtable side twelve points off playoffs and relegation. If anyone is going to be on the beach this early it’s them.

Balli001

Perfect weekend

City win
WBA Millwall draw
Sheff Utd beat Norwich
Watford beat Luton
Birmingham beat Blackburn

Table:

4 Luton P39 64 +10
5 Millwall P39 61+8
6 Blackburn P38 61 +0
7 City P39 60 +11
8 Watford P39 58 +6
9 Norwich P39 57 +10
10 WBA P38 56 +8

Point behind 5th, 4 off 4th. West Brom can’t catch us, best goal difference in the crowd. Then hope Blackburn don’t win their game in hand and it’s entirely in our own hands at that point.
Which is possible given their game in hand is burnley

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Should make for an open game which will suit us.

Offhegoes

I think Walker deserves to start, he did well at Blackpool. So unchanged for me. Allen & Godden to be introduced if we need a goal. Dabo was excellent against Huddersfield and Hull so give him another chance for this one. Can't see a lot of goals in this one. 1-0 COV.

PVA

Assuming no new injuries then unchanged, Allen to return to the bench (has it been confirmed he's back?)

blunted

Really tough match this one. They are one of the form teams at the moment beat Sunderland away 5-1 and got a draw at Middlesborough. We will really have to be on top of our game to win this especially if our internationals come back knackered. Unsure how many players they had away on international duty, if they played and if they travelled long distances. Always factors that can contribute to post international games

Users who are viewing this thread