Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Swansea City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Dec (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Swansea City match, tactics and predictions :)

Offhegoes

I'd like to see Burroughs and Palmer in for this one, but no chance Bidwell and Allen will be dropped. Unchanged then.

Great_Expectations

Assuming we’re actually at the CBS, I expect a decent crowd with it being the last Saturday game before Christmas.

I am hoping it’s a good atmosphere not ruined by the off field nonsense (at least for the 90 mins) and we get back on track on it.

A victory and a few favourable results and the table is looking good.

I wouldn’t mind Palmer back in as I think it’ll be a possession based game for both teams and he’s better on the ball than Allen, but I don’t expect it to happen. And to be fair I understand there is sometimes a need for Allen and his energy/runs.

Back to a clean sheet and a victory too much to ask for?

2-0, Gyokeres, Panzo.

Last edited:

shmmeee

We’re going to get passed to death like always against Swansea. It’s always the dullest of matches. I seem to recall them playing a stupidly high line last season unless I’ve got them confused with someone else so might be a game to try Tavares?

Bugsy

Assuming we’re actually at the CBS, I expect a decent crowd with it being the last game before Christmas.

I am hoping it’s a good atmosphere not ruined by the off field nonsense (at least for the 90 mins) and we get back on track on it.

I wouldn’t mind Palmer back in as I think it’ll be a possession based game for both teams and he’s better on the ball than Allen, but I don’t expect it to happen. And to be fair I understand there is sometimes a need for Allen and his energy/runs.

2-0, Gyokeres, Panzo.

we play West Brom on Wednesday 21st

Paxman II

you never know what you are going to get with Swansea. they play a style similar to us so it should be a open game. Think we will get 3 points. I certainly hope so or our momentum gets a bit ruined.

CV22SBA

Assuming we’re actually at the CBS, I expect a decent crowd with it being the last game before Christmas.

2-0, Gyokeres, Panzo.
I think it will be one of the lowest crowds of the season to be honest. Swansea won't bring many at all, they've not sold a block yet which is understandably with the ground situation.

Kingokings204

At no point has that come directly from the club

either way we are playing at the cbs. Nothing has come out to the contrary so. We know the current terms exist until May 2023. I don’t understand how we don’t know where we are playing…. It’s the cbs.

rexo87

either way we are playing at the cbs. Nothing has come out to the contrary so. We know the current terms exist until May 2023. I don’t understand how we don’t know where we are playing…. It’s the cbs.
Well from what I've seen we've been served an eviction notice and nothing has offically happened since then. This runs out either just before or just after the Swansea game I believe. There's no reason to assume the current terms run until May 2023. That has never been said anywhere

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Balli001

Well from what I've seen we've been served an eviction notice and nothing has offically happened since then. This runs out either just before or just after the Swansea game I believe. There's no reason to assume the current terms run until May 2023. That has never been said anywhere

Sent from my SM-G991B using T

Well we haven't been evicted have we? Therefore we haven't any reason to issue a statement. Apart from to control your bedwetting

rexo87

Well we haven't been evicted have we? Therefore we haven't any reason to issue a statement. Apart from to control your bedwetting
The last thing the club said was that they were surprised by being served an eviction notice. Absolutely nothing since then at all. I don't see how they can then say nothing at all and we just go ahead as normal. There will be some sort of statement but obviously things are not sorted yet. Sorry for being concerned about whether we can play our home game in 5 days time

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

From The Telegraph (the broadsheet,not CovTel), the Fraser Group statement was said to read ...

"Mike Ashley’s Frasers Group has issued Coventry City with an eviction notice days after buying their home ground.

After the club refused to sign a new, “less favourable”, tenancy agreement, officials were told on Friday to return keys and access cards for the Coventry Building Society Arena and have also been instructed to remove goods and property from the stadium."

Now, that latter part certainly sounds to me like "you have no right to access this building any longer" which is eviction. There are discussions regarding the new licence but noone has yet said CCFC have signed any documents accepting the change, including the short licence to May 2023.

So as far as we all know, the games pre-Xmas may well be our last at the CBS. Or this could be the start of a long positive relationship between CCFC and FG/CBS Arena.

But for the moment, it's all hypothesis and guesswork as noone knows.

Users who are viewing this thread