Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

San Francisco

New season and hopefully a win on the cards!

I think Robins will start a full strength squad and it'll be a hard fought 1-1.

Discuss.

shmmeee

Think I’m going to find myself in Manchester for this. Any recommendations of pubs I can take the missus to for food and sneakily watch the match?

ccfcmad1

Nothing to fear from this lot still have a good team on paper but will they be ready for a derby game to kick off? poor preparation pre season should see us playing then at them right time
Get at them from the off, Sky blue army In full voice drowning out the clappers from the mongs cheer us on to victory PUSB

Last edited:

CovInEssex

They've got a very very good first eleven and we've got a lot of new faces that may take a few weeks to get going. I'm going for a 2-1 loss.

ProfessorbyGrace

Hopefully, we’ll stuff them. Realistically, probably not.

Very difficult to predict, as we’re a relatively unknown quantity at the moment.

I’d say a 1-1 or a 1-0 either way. PUSB. ⚽️

napolimp

Might be wrong place for this, but does anyone know if The Burnt Post or Red Lion show Cov matches?

ccfcricoh

So many uncertainties:
- will Simms/Wright step up to the Gyokeres standard
- how will the new CBs get on
- Who will play WB
- 2 up top vs 1
- anything can happen in a derby game

And thats before the Leicester uncertainties of new manager, how good they will be following a disjointed pre-season, but probably the strongest starting XI in the division

Will be a good benchmark for us, but could easily be 2.0 us or 4.0 them or somewhere in between (pointing out the obvious i know!)

Marty

I think we can win this, catch them cold, their defence isn't anything special and they'll concede, as well as flying back from Thailand is hardly the best preparation either.

2-1 win.

fernandopartridge

Might be wrong place for this, but does anyone know if The Burnt Post or Red Lion show Cov matches?
Red Lion on Hinckley Rd doesn't really, it's got a TV but not sure they've got Sky Sports and they've actively sought not to have people watching football in there over the years. Walsgrave probably a better bet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

They have a good squad and should be promoted fairly comfortably, but this is probably the best time to play them as they've only played two friendlies and haven't spent much of the Maddison/Barnes money yet.

Another Robins tactical masterclass a la playoff second leg, 1-0 win.

SleepyGinger

Collins
Thomas Fadz Lati
Sakamoto Eccles Hamer Sheaf DaSilva
Godden Simms

Wilson
Binks
Bidwell
Van Ewijk
Kelly
Palmer
Howley
Wright
Obikwu

Mucca Mad Boys

Alot of the Leicester starting 11 are massively overrated , but they have a decent coach
Decent coach, but will that translate into management?

My prediction is a draw, but can see us giving Leicester a bloody nose. Welcome back to the Championship…

Ccfcisparks

I think it will be a narrow loss, maybe 2-1. Nothing to discredit us though necessarily. Would be happy enough with a draw.

Ashdown

I don’t do score line predictions. That City team ‘ Edgy’ put up earlier in the thread looks great on paper but they’ve hardly played together at all. On the other hand Leicester have just come off the back of a difficult season, how is their confidence ?
An ‘ Edgy’ start might be the order of the day for both sides, I’d be happy with a draw and move on.

Hutch11

This is a journey into the unknown, how will they cope with dropping down , new manager, not much creativity
How will our abundance of new signings settle in , will we gel right away
The one thing that is known , the sba will drown out the happy clappers

skybluetony176

Got a feeling that we could nick all the points. Come the end of the season I expect Leicester to be there or their abouts but I think they’ll have some adjustment to go through first. On that basis I don’t think they’ll be a better time to play them away and that’s why I think we’ll take all 3 points. 0-2, Ellis Simms both goals.

Users who are viewing this thread