Match Thread ⚽️ Reading vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Tom with this team, the weakness of tbe league this season and knowing the players who will leave unless we do something special this season. I really can't be excited by the prospect of top half and I think most inside the club have far higher aspirations.
Really? I doubt anyone in the club has set a target of promotion this season.

pusbccfc

Thought O’Hare was poor yesterday.

Me too actually. Put one or two decent shots away surprisingly but the ball kept getting stuck under his feet. I'm his biggest fan but in a game like yesterday where Vik isn't offering much, you realise we've not got much behind in terms of goals.

Hopefully Palmer will offer it but I'd love someone who could score from midfield. If we added to our midfield, I still think Gus could play behind Vik with O'Hare.

Kingokings204

No need to go over board. We lost a shitty game somehow. Can’t believe it still but it had that feel. Felt like a game we had at the start of the season just starting. Enough to be positive about and we had just won 4 on the spin without conceded if a goal. You can’t win every game and sometimes they are the wake up call you need.

larry_david

Yeah we were rusty. Palmer looked very rusty and kept getting in the way.

Plenty of positives and these games happen

slowpoke

Me too actually. Put one or two decent shots away surprisingly but the ball kept getting stuck under his feet. I'm his biggest fan but in a game like yesterday where Vik isn't offering much, you realise we've not got much behind in terms of goals.

Hopefully Palmer will offer it but I'd love someone who could score from midfield. If we added to our midfield, I still think Gus could play behind Vik with O'Hare.
In this up and coming transfer window another goalscoring forward has to be the priority, Vik and COH are tightly marked so another attacking outlet would fit the bill, who though ?, top loan perhaps will cost top wages.

pusbccfc

In this up and coming transfer window another goalscoring forward has to be the priority, Vik and COH are tightly marked so another attacking outlet would fit the bill, who though ?, top loan perhaps will cost top wages.

There's so many talented players at big clubs who we should try get on loan. I guess the problem is they aren't guaranteed game time ahead of O'Hare etc.

slowpoke

I was thinking Jamie Allen’s spot, i’ve never been an Allen knocker and actually think he has been okay the last few games & he works his socks off but we need a better end product and that’s goals, Palmer shows glimpses but that’s not enough, he looks to me to be a bench man. But as I said earlier who ?

SBchimp

Burroughs did everything right when he came on except smash that cross into the stands. He took on his man twice and skinned him both times, showed a burst of pace and probably more attacking intent in that 13 or so mins than Bidwell did all game.

Kane on the other hand, was not very good. Twice he panicked and hooked it up in the air.

Eccles looked incredibly composed.
Yeah but what a smash 🤦🏻‍♂️

SBchimp

Was a really odd place. Total carnage on the roads outside both before and after. The ground inside was a strange atmosphere, with the shadow of the windmill moving on the pitch. Terrible home fans and a really bang average team. But they certainly know how to spoil and waste time.

rushing home to watch England. Was certainly not a Carling Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread