Match Thread ⚽️ Reading vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (2 Viewers)

fatso

Well, exactly as predicted, we got fuck all after the manager of the month award.
I'm wondering if we could actually refuse to accept it ..... might be a good idea in future 🤔

glamour76

Eccles, Allen are decent. Just not on the same wavelength as some of our better players. We need to improve in January. RWB, LWB, CB, STR

glamour76

Thought some of Eccles passing was top notch actually. He has great vision.

Why do we need a better striker than Vik and a better wingback than Bidwell though?

RCB, RWB, GK for me.
Eccles looked off it to me. Not saying we need a better striker than Vik, just someone to take the load off & offer something different. Bidwell was good but no back up to him. Burroughs is not a decent back up. CB for depth

SkyBlueSam01

Think Eccles is a really good squad player in the midfield but with Bidwell at LWB we really need some penetration and pace at RWB... Eccles is the opposite of that

RegTheDonk

We moved the ball around and looked the better team but means nawt if you don't put away chances.
Pleased with the defence, they looked pretty good though they didn't put any pressure on us and let us play from the back.
One blip though and thats it.
Frustrating.

pusbccfc

Think Eccles is a really good squad player in the midfield but with Bidwell at LWB we really need some penetration and pace at RWB... Eccles is the opposite of that

The problem with Bidwell and Eccles/playing wing backs is that whenever either put a ball in the box, there is absolutely novody attacking the ball. Vik's movement is actually pretty poor in those positions and O'Hare/Hamer/Allen are usually out wide or on the edge of the box.

fatso

Thought some of Eccles passing was top notch actually. He has great vision.

Why do we need a better striker than Vik and a better wingback than Bidwell though?

RCB, RWB, GK for me.
A better striker than Vik ?????
How much do you think we've got to spend??

fatso

The problem with Bidwell and Eccles/playing wing backs is that whenever either put a ball in the box, there is absolutely novody attacking the ball. Vik's movement is actually pretty poor in those positions and O'Hare/Hamer/Allen are usually out wide or on the edge of the box.
There's nothing wrong with our wingbacks, the problem is we only play with 1 striker, and if he doesn't score we struggle.

O'hare is shite in front of goal, and I've absolutely no fucking idea what Allen offers at all!

I'd like to see us play with a second forward, a quick, mobile second striker instead of Allen. We tried 2 upfront, but Godden isn't quick or mobile enough to compliment Gyokeres. Someone like Adam Armstrong would be good, if we can find someone we can afford.

Legia Sky Blue

That’s true but the corner resets responsibility for me. Teams should be able to defend set pieces.

Before the game I'm sure MR would have drummed into the team, not to give needless set pieces away, as with them having Carroll in particular and us missing Fadz, it was one of the few areas they could potentially cause us problems. The mishit clearance by Panzo therefore clearly made him culpable for the goal.

pusbccfc

There's nothing wrong with our wingbacks, the problem is we only play with 1 striker, and if he doesn't score we struggle.

O'hare is shite in front of goal, and I've absolutely no fucking idea what Allen offers at all!

I'd like to see us play with a second forward, a quick, mobile second striker instead of Allen. We tried 2 upfront, but Godden isn't quick or mobile enough to compliment Gyokeres. Someone like Adam Armstrong would be good, if we can find someone we can afford.

If we want t progress further, Allen needs to be replaced. Good squad player but not a top 6 Championship player.

The Philosopher

The team looked like it lacked leadership. Allen captain? Gus might have been a better bet - Vik maybe? Not many natural leaders on the pitch.

Most of the players played ok, Back 3 ok on the whole. Sheaf had a crack or two from the edge of the box which was good. I’ve often complained that he passes when sighted rather than shooting so another step in the right direction in his development. Didn’t dither on the ball either and passed forwards a little more. O’Hare had a few shots, looks like MR & AV have given the midfield players instructions to shoot a bit more.

Vik unlucky - I’ve not seen a player able to turn his man as well as him

Burroughs must be near to being a regular starter.

Kane useless, Waghorn invisible.

stupot07

Vik had just 1 shot today and that was the freekick that hit the wall.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Thought after the first 10 mins or so we were in control. They marked Vik well and we didn’t have enough runners from midfield. Palmer should have been on earlier. I like Bidwell but the amount of dangerous positions he got into today only to deliver a poor cross or settle for a corner was not good enough. Overall just abit rusty. If we’d played them a week after QPR it would have been an easy win. I do worry if Vik is nullified, where the goals are coming from as Robins seems reluctant to change shape or give flair players like Tavarres a decent go

shmmeee

Thought Vik was a bit off it. Possibly because he came back later than the others. Just don’t see the point of Allen, very busy but rarely looks like doing anything in the final third. Thought Eccles and Burroughs looked good.

Liquid Gold

That stadium is fucking terrible.

All the charmlessness and out the way-ness of a new build with all the shit facilities of an old stadium.

Hated it.

skyblue025

As days go that was dog shite. City and England losing when they both shouldn't of lost at the very least. I have been saying for weeks in our group that go almost every cross we put in goes near post but we never have anyone attacking near post. There are 20 tap ins a season to be had.

TomS91

Overall nothing to be disheartened about today.

Defence were solid.
Eccles - one of his best performances?
Rose, Doyle, Panzo did well.

Didn’t work in attack but we know it can. Nothing in this game suggests we won’t be top half this season.

stevefloyd

Before the game I'm sure MR would have drummed into the team, not to give needless set pieces away, as with them having Carroll in particular and us missing Fadz, it was one of the few areas they could potentially cause us problems. The mishit clearance by Panzo therefore clearly made him culpable for the goal.
It made him culpable for the corner I agree but its a team game and we didn't defend the corner as a team

larry_david

Burroughs did everything right when he came on except smash that cross into the stands. He took on his man twice and skinned him both times, showed a burst of pace and probably more attacking intent in that 13 or so mins than Bidwell did all game.

Kane on the other hand, was not very good. Twice he panicked and hooked it up in the air.

Eccles looked incredibly composed.

clint van damme

That stadium is fucking terrible.

All the charmlessness and out the way-ness of a new build with all the shit facilities of an old stadium.

Hated it.

There's so many that are much the same now.
Was talking about the end of game protocol for dispatching away fans yesterday as we tried to estimate what time wed be on the way home at and I ended up describing a 3 way mash up of Reading, Hull and Stoke.
They're all so fucking similar and dreary.

ccfc1234

Overall nothing to be disheartened about today.

Defence were solid.
Eccles - one of his best performances?
Rose, Doyle, Panzo did well.

Didn’t work in attack but we know it can. Nothing in this game suggests we won’t be top half this season.
Tom with this team, the weakness of tbe league this season and knowing the players who will leave unless we do something special this season. I really can't be excited by the prospect of top half and I think most inside the club have far higher aspirations.

Users who are viewing this thread