Match Thread ⚽️ Swansea City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 7th Apr (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Swansea City vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Half of them deserve to be dropped, but we have no squad really to speak of.

Wilson

Burroughs
McNally
McF
Doyle
Bidwell

Hamer
Sheaf
Eccles

Walker
Gyo

I would much prefer a box but we haven’t the personnel.

3-1 loss

Reactions: KAB

shmmeee

Have this down as a loss on my pessimistic predictor (which is 1 for 1 so far). Win and other results go our way and it’s back on, lose and you’ve got to think it’s over really.

Have we ever won at Swansea?

Not massively confident. Hoping Allen is back, which shows the dire straits we’re in.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Hamer Allen Sheaf Bidwell
Walker Györkeres

S: Moore, Rose, BNC, JWE, Kelly, Maguire, Panzo

shepardo01

Can't get excited for this one. Just as tough on paper as yesterday's fixture. (anybody who had any idea/watched championship football knew Stoke would be very good yesterday)
Take the 3 counter attacking goals/first 20 mins out of the equation from the home fixture and we couldn't get near Swansea. Think this has pretty much been the case every time we have played them since coming back up. (Have we got more than a draw in any fixture vs them?)
We won't see much of the ball. Morale down.
Can't see us getting anything here.

Marty

Tough game, we could be on the end of another tonking if we aren't careful, let's see what the players are made off.

Ashdown

Surely yesterdays debacle will have shaken a few up. A handful of our players strutted out like they’d already got the points in the bag. Hopefully that reality check will sharpen minds and movement.
I’d take a draw and beat Watford

pusbccfc

Another side with nothing to play for, playing with freedom, on the back of a win against Cardiff in the last minute. A side that we always struggle against.

4-1 to Swansea. Liam Walsh and Patterson to score. The latter to shush the away end.

Sick Boy

Another ground we never seem to do well at - probably win 1-0 before another soul crushing defeat on the Monday.

GaryPendrysEyes

If those players turn that performance around to win at Swansea I’ll be totally amazed. Can’t see anything other than a 2:0 or worse.

clint van damme

We are struggling for 1 no.10 at the moment let alone 2

And I think that's why he's persevering with the 2 but we looked short in midfield yesterday.
But if it is to be a two, needs to start Walker. Godden has been below par recently.

Tommo1993

Sitting there yesterday and remembering that I have tickets for Swansea was really sobering. 6 hour round trip for an absolute shafting.

pusbccfc

Some ridiculous examples of bipolarity here. Lost heavily yesterday but that doesn't mean we'll do the same again at Swansea.

We haven't beaten Swansea since something like 1980. We were embarrassed by them last season away and had the 3-3 this season.

They will beat us.

Warwickhunt

We haven't beaten Swansea since something like 1980. We were embarrassed by them last season away and had the 3-3 this season.

They will beat us.
Might be a first after 43 years! long time that.

Astute

We will be a totally different side for this. Going for 1-1

letsallsingtogether

0-2 City easy, will go out all barrels blazing to make up for yesterday. Brace for Walker.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd rather not start with 2 up top, but it we do, it needs to be Walker.

This, as regards Godden/Walker.

Swansea tend to make mistakes playing the ball around at the back. so I'd be tempted to play with an extra midfielder and have Vik and Hamer chasing them down (as per the last goal against Blackpool), maybe even Allen for as long as he is able. We do need to press them to capitalise on this. Interested to see how we set up.

SkyBlueSoul

Having had a couple of days to calm down, Saturday just feels like one of those games you get every now and then. "That" Yeovil game, losing 4-1 away to Rotherham in the L1 season etc. It happened, it's over, can't be arsed to dwell on it.

Having said that I'm not overly confident for this. Swansea are just one of those teams we struggle against and I'd feel the same even if we'd beaten Stoke. Don't think they'll necessarily take us to the cleaners in the same way but I'll go for a 1-0 defeat. BNC in for Dabo, Walker in for Godden

Offhegoes

Allen for Godden would be my only change. Back to 5 in midfield. Crucial game, and I am not sure I trust BNC to start ahead of Dabo despite Dabo's poor form. playing Godden & Vik again would be suicide against a team that will keep the ball.
If Robins feels a change of shape is needed, maybe 4-5-1

Wilson

Dabo
McNally
Doyle
Bidwell

BNC
Sheaf
Hamer
JWE

Allen

Vik

shepardo01

Much of shape/finishing work today was with two up top...
Although to be honest, in an open session, I may not be tempted to read too much into it...

Londonccfcfan

No way we are playing 2 strikers again.

Allen will be back in or Howley for Godden.

Cuffy starts ahead of Calamity Dabo.

Looking forward to a lovely day in south Wales firecast set fair 14 degrees and Sunny! We should bag the 3 points.

Should be a cracking game

Julie SBA

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Sheaf Hamer Allen Burroughs
Walker
Vik

Subs: Moore, JWE, BNC, Godden, Panzo Bidwell, Maguire

Fanky just doesn't seem right. Jake needs a break. JWE as a midfield option off the bench, he doesn't defend but he goes forward well. Really hope Allen is fit enough to start. Howley done nothing wrong to miss the bench but don't think he offers enough right now in what will be another tough game and so Maguire scrapes in.

shmmeee

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Sheaf Hamer Allen Burroughs
Walker
Vik

Subs: Moore, JWE, BNC, Godden, Panzo Bidwell, Maguire

Fanky just doesn't seem right. Jake needs a break. JWE as a midfield option off the bench, he doesn't defend but he goes forward well. Really hope Allen is fit enough to start. Howley done nothing wrong to miss the bench but don't think he offers enough right now in what will be another tough game and so Maguire scrapes in.

inclined to agree but in Howleys defence he got on ahead of Maguire last game.

Users who are viewing this thread