Match Thread ⚽️ Watford vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Nov (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Watford vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We've got a game in hand over most teams, 2 over some as well. Win at least one and we are in the top half more or less.

It's barmy.

Note - I'm not expecting anything from this game. Then again, it's what I said about Blackburn...

fernandopartridge

A point would be great, our record there is awful though the last time I went (and I'm going Saturday) we won 3-2.

Trivia: which journeyman scored the opening goal for us in the aforementioned win?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

A point would be great, our record there is awful though the last time I went (and I'm going Saturday) we won 3-2.

Trivia: which journeyman scored the opening goal for us in the aforementioned win?

Henderson ?

AOM

If McFadzean is fit again, not sure if I'd bring him straight back in or not. Think go with the same starting line up as last night

Saddlebrains

Got to be the same 11 Surely.

The old adage 'don't change a winning team'

He changed the defence after 3 successive clean sheets and we let in 4 in 2 so hopefully has learnt

slowpoke

We are playing well, circumstances cost us the Blackpool game and we nearly scraped a point we can get something Saturday.

TomRad85

I only know this because for some reason I watched the goals from this recently (I'm a weirdo.) It was Sideways Sammy himself.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

wingy

If McFadzean is fit again, not sure if I'd bring him straight back in or not. Think go with the same starting line up as last night
It's always a tough one.
Why change a winning team.
Go four unbeaten or more? then drop Rose out and we end up drawing.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

It's always a tough one.
Why change a winning team.
Go four unbeaten or more? then drop Rose out and we end up drawing.

Yep, think the team last night have earned another start. Best I've seen us play for a long time that first half until we tired

Blind-Faith

First away game of the season for me. Last I went Vicarage road , sideways sammy scored a decent goal.

Would take a point now. But then again I didn’t expect anything last night and look what happened.

Just need to put a decent performance in and see what happens 👍

Hertsccfc

I remember Claus Jorgensen scoring a screamer in a win there.

alexccfc99

Was it Watford we played one season on the opening day where one of their players was very tragically killed on the morning of the match and the game was called off?

alexccfc99

Watford was where Michael Quirke made his sole appearance for the club, under Boothroyd I think

Yes, Westwood’s wife was giving birth that day, Iain Turner on loan from Everton started the match (Only appearance) and went off injured, Quirke come on in his place

Quirke played 4 times according to Wikipedia however

Drew 2-2 with two late goals from David Bell and Juke - John Eustace scored a worldie for them

rexo87

They seem to have clicked and have a ridiculously good side. Point would be massive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingy

Yes, Westwood’s wife was giving birth that day, Iain Turner on loan from Everton started the match (Only appearance) and went off injured, Quirke come on in his place

Quirke played 4 times according to Wikipedia however

Drew 2-2 with two late goals from David Bell and Juke - John Eustace scored a worldie for them
Pretty sure he did a Cruyff turn in one of the games!
Gave me the Nellie's.
But think he did three clean sheets and we thought he'd been harsh treated when dropped.

alexccfc99

Pretty sure he did a Cruyff turn in one of the games!
Gave me the Nellie's.
But think he did three clean sheets and we thought he'd been harsh treated when dropped.

Thorn released him and he ended up in the non league cycle

He played for Cov United as an outfield player I’m pretty sure

Users who are viewing this thread