1 in 4 forwards (1 Viewer)

Greggs

So......Jordy aint Armstrong or Mcgoldrick! If you sign a player that needs 10 shots to score, you are going to miss chances and lose games! We need a finisher, not another wide player!

Nick

Administrator
So......Jordy aint Armstrong or Mcgoldrick! If you sign a player that needs 10 shots to score, you are going to miss chances and lose games! We need a finisher, not another wide player!

Didn't he only really have that chance early on and the one the keeper saved?

He was out of the game most of it by stuck out wide on the touch line.

There's no point signing a finisher to stick them out wide.

Greggs

Didn't he only really have that chance early on and the one the keeper saved?

He was out of the game most of it by stuck out wide on the touch line.

There's no point signing a finisher to stick them out wide.
Keeper made a decent save in 2nd half too. Still should have scored and wrapped the game up

Greggs

I think you might be judging him a bit quickly, don't get upset though. You are still entitled to your opinion and I'll let the rest of the hive sleep.
I'm judging on the fact he had 2 clear cut chances and missed them both...! You got a gif for that?

Grendel

He’s had one game. Unlike Armstrong and Mcgoldrick he doesn’t have Murphy or Moussa creating either.

Robins sets the team out in a diffeeent way.

He did ok

Nick

Administrator
I'm judging on the fact he had 2 clear cut chances and missed them both...! You got a gif for that?

The second one wasn't really clear cut, thought he did well to get a shot away and was a decent save to keep it out.

Again, most of the game he was stuck out on the wing out of the game.

SKYBLUES90

Get a fucking grip. He’s had 1 game on the back of what maybe one or two training sessions with the team.

How many was he supposed to score today for you to be happy? 6 or 7

Give the lad a chance.

Nick

Administrator
Where would McNulty have fit in there? He would have been on the right or left wing.

Greggs

As am I. Funnily enough I’m not singling out the lad we signed less than 48 hours ago, without a full pre season, not used to his team mates and playing out of position for my anger though
My point was, when we signed him i expressed my concern at his goal scoring rate. People blasted me telling me Armstrong and Mcgoldrick were similar! I thought Jordy was decent today, but he aint gonna score 20 goals. I hope i'm wrong

Greggs

We are all dissapointed
Everyone attacking my opinion with the 'Armstrong Mcglodrick' bollocks, it's going to get my back up and i'm going in defensive mode. Perhaps a bit too passionate, it's only a game and all that. Just ruins my weekend when we lose!

Nick

Administrator
My point was, when we signed him i expressed my concern at his goal scoring rate. People blasted me telling me Armstrong and Mcgoldrick were similar! I thought Jordy was decent today, but he aint gonna score 20 goals. I hope i'm wrong

He won't score 20 goals if he is stuck out on the wing.

SKYBLUES90

Out of interest what was Mcnultys goal ratio like before he joined?

Greggs

Out of interest what was Mcnultys goal ratio like before he joined?
We could say that about all the successfullstrikers we've had in the past though?????? Maybe oone good striker every 5 signed! Can't compare them all to the one decent one we've had in 5 years?!!!

SKYBLUES90

We could say that about all the successfullstrikers we've had in the past though?????? Maybe oone good striker every 5 signed! Can't compare them all to the one decent one we've had in 5 years?!!!

So why are you calling somebody out on the first game of the season then?

Greggs

So why are you calling somebody out on the first game of the season then?
I'm not calling him out,. Do you actually know what that means? I'm just questioning the fact we singed 'another' player that only scores 1 in 4 and it seems a bit of a risk. I know all signings are risks, but after selling 30 goals from last season i'd much rather have seen a proven finisher at this level.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not calling him out,. Do you actually know what that means? I'm just questioning the fact we singed 'another' player that only scores 1 in 4 and it seems a bit of a risk. I know all signings are risks, but after selling 30 goals from last season i'd much rather have seen a proven finisher at this level.

The way we were setup, they would have been on the wing.

Greggs

The way we were setup, they would have been on the wing.
Disagree. He only played that formation as we don't have 2 forwards who can play together. If Robins would have seen him as a forward, he'd have played 442. Like we finished last season.

SKYBLUES90

I know exactly what it means. You started a thread saying the lad missed a number of chances today and that he won’t be a 20 goal a season signing basically implying you think he is shit.

As I said what was Mcnulty’s goal ratio before he signed, and how many did he go on to score. You also mention Armstrong, how many professional goals did he score before us?

It’s the first game of the season, I’m not saying he’s going to score a shed load of goals for us but sometimes I think people should put things into perspective a bit and not jump the gun.

Nick

Administrator
Disagree. He only played that formation as we don't have 2 forwards who can play together. If Robins would have seen him as a forward, he'd have played 442. Like we finished last season.

If Robin doesn't see the striker he just signed as forward then I am a bit worried. Nearly as worried as him seeing Shipley as a right midfielder.

Greggs

I know exactly what it means. You started a thread saying the lad missed a number of chances today and that he won’t be a 20 goal a season signing basically implying you think he is shit.

As I said what was Mcnulty’s goal ratio before he signed, and how many did he go on to score. You also mention Armstrong, how many professional goals did he score before us?

It’s the first game of the season, I’m not saying he’s going to score a shed load of goals for us but sometimes I think people should put things into perspective a bit and not jump the gun.
Comparing any new signing to a past success is just ridiculous. For every one success we've had 10 failures. So your point is null and void.
Nowhere have i called him shit. You're putting words in my mouth, which I don't appreciate. I have just stated he doesn't seem to be the goal poacher he has been signed to replace, hence him playing outwide!

Greggs

If Robin doesn't see the striker he just signed as forward then I am a bit worried. Nearly as worried as him seeing Shipley as a right midfielder.
We need someone to play along side Max

Users who are viewing this thread