10 goals in the last 10 games (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Including 4 against a very poor Peterborough side and 2 in the last 10 against 10 man Bournemouth who capitulated.

I think it's easy to see where our main problem lies and with Godden out for a few weeks any faint hopes could be extinguished in Feb.

Should Robins go all out to get a decent loan on Monday or are you happy with small steps progress this season and review in the summer?

Brighton Sky Blue

Including 4 against a very poor Peterborough side and 2 in the last 10 against 10 man Bournemouth who capitulated.

I think it's easy to see where our main problem lies and with Godden out for a few weeks any faint hopes could be extinguished in Feb.

Should Robins go all out to get a decent loan on Monday or are you happy with small steps progress this season and review in the summer?

Irrelevant if he wants to as he’ll be told no

rob9872

That wasn't the question. I know in reality we likely won't have the funds, possibly if we move one out, but more of a what do you think we should do?

Last edited:

pusbccfc

What's Carl Baker doing these days?

Tea & Busquets

would be keen on loaning in Nketiah. Bit of a stretch but Howe has said if he can bring in another young striker he will let Dwight Gayle leave. Maybe a loan with buy option? Would be semi expensive as he can be the best striker in the championship on his day.

mark82

Yep, lack of goals from around the team. Can't be relying on your striker to score every game, particularly if you only play one up front.

Reactions: vow

larry_david

Problems in modified for me. Hamer and O’Hare aren’t contributing as they should for their positions. Need options for both in the summer. Even just an AM on loan would make a big difference for the rest of the season.
You can't say this mate. Fernando will comment saying rubbish! O hare and hamer aren't allowed criticism haven't you read the forum rules.

clint van damme

Problems in modified for me. Hamer and O’Hare aren’t contributing as they should for their positions. Need options for both in the summer. Even just an AM on loan would make a big difference for the rest of the season.

I think the whole team needto be chipping in with more.
Godden and Vik both on 10 isn't a bad return from the pair of them, especially considering we often play 1 up front.

clint van damme

You can't say this mate. Fernando will comment saying rubbish! O hare and hamer aren't allowed criticism haven't you read the forum rules.

He just did say it you fool. People can post what they like.
And any way, I've not seen one person defend O'Hare or Hamer goal return. Have you got any evidence of it?

vow

happy with small steps toby fayre

slowpoke

Gyo played well yesterday and against Stoke but needs a strike partner all the match but then playing a front two we have one less in midfield unless Robins goes to a flat back four and I doubt that.

sylus

I think the whole team needto be chipping in with more.
Godden and Vik both on 10 isn't a bad return from the pair of them, especially considering we often play 1 up front.

Maybe that is the problem, playing one up front away i can unserstand to a degree, but at home we should be going with two

fatso

I think the play off dream is over for this season, so I'd be happy if he tries one or two of the u23 squad to see if they will make the step up for next season.

CCFC54321

That’s an awful stat.

And yes we need something by Monday but either de Costa or Shipley will need to move on first?

Brighton Sky Blue

Ridiculous. I've never thought we'd make the play offs but you certainly can't give up on it.

From 4th down to about 13th all have a chance.

It’s not really about where you think is a realistic finish. You should always aim to do as well as you can and I don’t see why if garbage like Huddersfield are sitting in the top 6 we shouldn’t make the effort.

Get that extra AM and see where we go with it.

slowpoke

I think the play off dream is over for this season, so I'd be happy if he tries one or two of the u23 squad to see if they will make the step up for next season.
I don’t agree apart from Fulham there’s no-one else running away we have dominated a number of teams above us and should be at least eight to ten points better off. Still time to catch sixth spot up in my opinion. If we do I hope we play Middlesbrough.

clint van damme

I don’t agree apart from Fulham there’s no-one else running away we have dominated a number of teams above us and should be at least eight to ten points better off. Still time to catch sixth spot up in my opinion. If we do I hope we play Middlesbrough.

I think the top 4 are looking good leaving two spots to go for. Be great if we can stay in the mix. Feb is a huge month

stupot07

100% agree if we're now going to persist with the box for the rest of the season, more goals are needed from midfield and in particular O'Hare, Shipley and Allen; and also Hamer who has more license to get forward than Sheaf.

We desperately need an other attacking midfielder on loan until the end of the season m

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fatso

Writing off the season in January?
Not exactly writing it off, if we finish around 8th for example that would represent very significant progress on last year's performance.
But other teams who started poorly are now finding their feet and look better equipped than us to win matches, while we dominate matches but struggle to score goals.
Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Forest have all managed to address their early season issues and are now above us, even sheffield utd who looked in big trouble at one point are only a point behind with a game in hand! While we continue to struggle to turn possession into results.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
From bbc website

RankNameGoalsGLAssistsAPlayedPMins per GoalMPG
1Viktor GyökeresGyökeres10327198
1Matt GoddenGodden10218121
3Tyler WalkerWalker3020195
3Kyle McFadzeanMcFadzean3026771
5Gustavo HamerHamer2224900
6Todd KaneKane15151152
6Callum O'HareO'Hare14282321
6Martyn WaghornWaghorn1115730
6Jamie AllenAllen11231404
6Ian MaatsenMaatsen11231725
6Jordan ShipleyShipley106453
6Dominic HyamHyam10272385

Think this shows that aside from gyokeres and godden the rest of the team does not score enough.

Last edited:

slowpoke

[QUOTE="oldskyblue58, post: 246

Think this shows the aside from gyokeres and godden the rest of the team does not score enough.
[/QUOTE]
The above are shocking stats.

CCFC54321

From bbc website

RankNameGoalsGLAssistsAPlayedPMins per GoalMPG
1Viktor GyökeresGyökeres10327198
1Matt GoddenGodden10218121
3Tyler WalkerWalker3020195
3Kyle McFadzeanMcFadzean3026771
5Gustavo HamerHamer2224900
6Todd KaneKane15151152
6Callum O'HareO'Hare14282321
6Martyn WaghornWaghorn1115730
6Jamie AllenAllen11231404
6Ian MaatsenMaatsen11231725
6Jordan ShipleyShipley106453
6Dominic HyamHyam10272385

Think this shows the aside from gyokeres and godden the rest of the team does not score enough.
That is utter awful reading. That midfield contribution is an utter disgrace.

It actually makes me sad/angry reading it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The midfield looks good but it is not as effective as it should be imo. Certainly doesn't score enough and the contribution to goals doesn't stand out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd like to see a more goalscoring AM brought in, but at the same time I'd rather it still be with a long term focus, so if not a long term signing a loan with us signing them next season.

Up front the injury to Godden has really messed us up after letting Walker leave. Hopefully he won't be out too long and won't take too long to get back up to speed. If not we really could do with someone there as well.

Otherwise the options are having a punt on putting Jones and Tavares on the bench and seeing what they can do.

JeffB

Not exactly writing it off, if we finish around 8th for example that would represent very significant progress on last year's performance.
But other teams who started poorly are now finding their feet and look better equipped than us to win matches, while we dominate matches but struggle to score goals.
Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Forest have all managed to address their early season issues and are now above us, even sheffield utd who looked in big trouble at one point are only a point behind with a game in hand! While we continue to struggle to turn possession into results.

I agree. Look at Hull City storming up the table! When we beat them on October 30 their beleaguered Manager confessed that there was a gulf in quality between the two sides. We had played 17 games and had 30 points. They had played the same and had 12 points. 3 months and 10 games later that gulf in quality sees us played 27 games and on 40 points and they are on 32 points.

CDK

That's a plan and we can see how far off the standard they are.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree. Look at Hull City storming up the table! When we beat them on October 30 their beleaguered Manager confessed that there was a gulf in quality between the two sides. We had played 17 games and had 30 points. They had played the same and had 12 points. 3 months and 10 games later that gulf in quality sees us played 27 games and on 40 points and they are on 32 points.

Yet again that comes back to them having a white knight willing to splash the cash

NorthernWisdom

That wasn't the question. I know in reality we likely won't have the funds, possibly if we move one out, but more of a what do you think we should do?
As most of the first team are under contract for next season, I'd go for incremental building, make sure we get the right players in the summer.

I appreciate that's not sexy, but is more likely to have success longer term.

(and yes, I quoted the full post as it seemed wise to emphasise this is ideal strategy approach, without... complications)

Users who are viewing this thread