1963, 55 years (1 Viewer)

sylus

Since we last won at Notts County, with the tie level at 1-1, the odd's seem against us,but we can do it..

CovInEssex

Never bought into facts like this anyway, positive or negative. It’s 11v11 for 90 minutes. *michael Owen voice*

Otis

Since we last won at Notts County, with the tie level at 1-1, the odd's seem against us,but we can do it..
Surely that is just going to make Notts County more cocky.

Already seen a fan or two talking about Fortress Meadow Lane and lots booking their Wembley hotels.

We just need to go in there quiet and confident.

Records are there to be broken.

sylus

Already seen a fan or two talking about Fortress Meadow Lane and lots booking their Wembley hotels.

you are right, records are there to be broken, and i am only stating facts,like i said, we can win there,but it will be something i've never seen in my lifetime.

as for making Notts County fans more cocky, nah!...I DON'T THINK SO

oscillatewildly

Yes and I'll have 'Go for it City' clasped in hand, ready to be brought down onto the edge of the shed work bench @ 10pm Fiday night. (Maybe)

sylus

It’s bollox we’ve hardly played them in those years we were top flight for a lot of that time.

No its not bollox,its facts go check.yeah! the amount of times we have played them in that time is questionable.

Fact is..1963 was our last win there! like it or not that is it..

sylus

FFS...we all want the same here.A CITY WIN.. a trip to Wembley. win the playoff's .but will it happen...

Grendel

It’s bollox we’ve hardly played them in those years we were top flight for a lot of that time.

I remember seeing us lose 5-1 once there in the top division

The Great Eastern

I remember seeing us lose 5-1 once there in the top division
I certainly remember a top division 1-5 home defeat against them. I was in the West Stand and people were throwing their season tickets over the edge & onto the pitch at the end. Mind you, they had firstly removed the vouchers they needed for the rest of the season....
The likes of John Chidozi had completely torn us to shreds.
Not our finest hour.

Grendel

Legia Sky Blue

I have been to Meadow Line 4 times when we've played them & we've lost the lot, 2-1 & 5-1 in the early 80's - in the latter game Justin Fashanu destroyed us. 1-0 in the early 90's when Don Howe was managing us (awful game) & a woeful 3-0 defeat a few years back when they had Jack Grealish playing for them. I will not be going anywhere near Nottingham on Friday so no jinx from me :)

wingy

I certainly remember a top division 1-5 home defeat against them. I was in the West Stand and people were throwing their season tickets over the edge & onto the pitch at the end. Mind you, they had firstly removed the vouchers they needed for the rest of the season....
Not our finest hour.
I guess we're talking the Jimmy Sirrel era.
His second stint, a wyly old flat capped Glasweigan ,very effective he was for them too.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Not our finest hour.
In the West stand too that night.

You sure?

I remember them beating us 5-1 here, at HR.

Actually you are both right unfortunately we lost home and away 5-1 in a couple of seasons. I don't remember the away game but checked it out on internet. Team we had was very good and full of young talented players and currently 5th in table at the time. However it was around the time of proposed Garry Thompson sale . It precipitated a massive slide down the table as players lost interest and pretty much all moved on in the summer. In its own way created the team that won the FA Cup, spooky. However if Garry Thompson had NOT been sold what could have Coventry have achieved with
likes of Gary Gillespie, Danny Thomas, Garry Thompson, Les Sealey and a few more. Jimmy Hill certainly make mistakes in that period, Garry Thompson sale and of course all-seater idea implementation. Incidentally we have not won at 8 attempts at Notts County since 1963 team that included George Curtis and John Sillett. Be nice if those two could travel there and inspire a win !

I went to home game too in the West Stand that night.A lot of people were booing when Notts Country had two goals disallowed. Coventry fans started supporting Notts County instead as we were so poor.

JimmyHillsbeard

I was at this terrible game under Don Howe. Last year of the pre-Prem top flight

Thought we were going down. To be fair we were saved by the already relegated Notts County beating Luton a few weeks later.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I have been to Meadow Line 4 times when we've played them & we've lost the lot, 2-1 & 5-1 in the early 80's - in the latter game Justin Fashanu destroyed us. 1-0 in the early 90's when Don Howe was managing us (awful game) & a woeful 3-0 defeat a few years back when they had Jack Grealish playing for them. I will not be going anywhere near Nottingham on Friday so no jinx from me :)
Yes keep away!!
I have been to two as well and its relatively weird that both year numbers were combinations of 1 and 8 ie 81 and 18 and both 2-1 defeats.

Users who are viewing this thread