20 goals a season striker (1 Viewer)

Adge

Well we thought we had one-but is Vic going to make it over the line in the last few games? I’m hoping so.

pusbccfc

I'm not confident he'll make it

ProfessorbyGrace

It’d be great if he rounded it off at 20, at least. Once he finds that consistent level of scoring (which he’s already improved on this season) without the pronounced droughts and gluts, he’ll be a 25-30 a season striker.

Shame that it probably won’t be with us next season, but it’ll be interesting to note his development wherever he ends up.

Esoterica

I'm not confident he'll make it
He’s reminded me a lot of JCH in the last couple of games. Tightly marked, central and looking for too many free kicks. I’d be swapping his role around with Godden for the weekend. Let Godden play centrally and Gyokeres do more of the running into channels. If they want to tightly mark him then, at least it would pull their defence around and it might get him into the areas he seems to enjoy playing in more

ProfessorbyGrace

He’s reminded me a lot of JCH in the last couple of games. Tightly marked, central and looking for too many free kicks. I’d be swapping his role around with Godden for the weekend. Let Godden play centrally and Gyokeres do more of the running into channels. If they want to tightly mark him then, at least it would pull their defence around and it might get him into the areas he seems to enjoy playing in more
That would be a good one to spring on QPR, it’d surprise the crap out of them.

pusbccfc

I'm not necessarily sure Godden is the answer down the centre. I'd prefer Vik up top alone latching on to long balls.

Johhny Blue

Watford had 3 & 4 players on Wilson -Esbrand on multiple occasions. There should be some extra space somewhere on Saturday

baldy

First time we've had a 20 goal striker in the 2nd tier for decades - just had a quick look & the closest one to Viks total,since I've supported them anyway,was Lee Hughes back in the day with about 14

Grendel

First time we've had a 20 goal striker in the 2nd tier for decades - just had a quick look & the closest one to Viks total,since I've supported them anyway,was Lee Hughes back in the day with about 14

Excluding his 17 last season of course

ProfessorbyGrace

Would we say he’s better/on par with Callum Wilson? Purely talent wise, discounting any phalanx of statistic evidence, as I don’t want to be victimised.

harvey098

I still find it mad that I wasn’t even bothered when we signed him permanently. He’d scored 3 in 29 in the championship (over the loan spells with us and Swansea) and just looked a bit meh on loan. Remember the abuse he got after missing the pen early last season. To think he’s gone on to be the player he is now is quite mad. Fair play to Robins and staff for seeing it when not many of us could.

skybluelee

I always feel like he's grossly underrated on this forum, rarely gets mentioned. He was brilliant for us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Nobody has scored more goals for the club than McSheffrey since the 60s. He was brilliant in his last season before he left for Birmingham.

Adge

Brilliant player. One of my faves since Prem relegation for sure... in fact i think when he was sold was when i finally lost my shit at the state of the club.
Tainted slightly by his horrible 2nd spell when he returned.

Users who are viewing this thread