2018-19 Shirt Launch and Evening with Mark Robins - 29th June (2 Viewers)

larry_david

Serious question. The Michael Doyle song: when Doyle and Kelly came on stage the crowd erupted into the song.

If Doyle wasn't there and Kelly was, would they sing the song? Kelly is a main part of the song and one of my favs, do you think he feels the love or do you think it's all about Doyle?

ajsccfc

It still does look a fair bit different though?

Maybe, but if I had the current one I'm not seeing enough difference to shell out personally. Saying that though, the change of sponsor is a massive improvement, fits much better on both kits than the big square

EDIT: back sponsor too, better than the big block

Dg4x3hJW4AEORMV.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Maybe, but if I had the current one I'm not seeing enough difference to shell out personally. Saying that though, the change of sponsor is a massive improvement, fits much better on both kits than the big square

Can understand that, on the other hand it's like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea where they are all similar every year.

jordan210

As I said earlier on the design is Challenge II

I saw a pic of someone who purchased the kit tonight and you can see the design more in real life.

I think our kit is better then Man city and they want £65 for it

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

I really like that. I like the pattern in it. So much better on the sponsor logo too. Last year's kit was my favourite kit in an absolute age (bar the sponsor logo) On first impressions, this year's is right up with it, maybe even edging ahead. Well impressed.

Adge

Oi! I’ll have you know that as a follow on from last season’s launch I was going to commend Mr Robins on his achievements on ridding the club of the cancer throughout the corridors and congratulate him on starting to turn the great ship sky blue around.:)

Otis

MR:

Got to work on throw ins. Don’t understand why players get it wrong.

Happy with support from board and Dave Boddy has done fantastic. Will make improvements to training ground.

Wants more support as it all goes to him. Have to move forward together. Feel good factor atm.

Getting better players in and we have momentum.

Avoided question re Ricoh. He said he can’t contol it or get involved in politics but it needs to be sorted.

Last season was unbelievable. Really tough league. Losing games impacts young players. Took young players a while to get used to Doyle!!
We have momentum?

Oh dear, oh dear, Grendel will NOT be liking that one bit, because the notion of momentum is 'ridiculous.'

Otis

A good thing

It looks nice but I have last year's so no need to buy

Might pick up away kit tho looks nice
Exactly. If you have last year's, why buy this year's? Not really much difference at all and nowt to get overly excited about.

Very minor changes and hardly deserves a launch at all, but it's good there was an evening with Mark Robins and all the fans being there and being involved is always a nice thing to see.

Covstu

I like it to be honest, simple but looks good as well. Last years sponsor dominated the top last year which didn’t look good. I bet the white one looks better in person than it does on the photos

Otis

I like it to be honest, simple but looks good as well. Last years sponsor dominated the top last year which didn’t look good. I bet the white one looks better in person than it does on the photos
Much prefer the away kit.

Otis

No stripes, excellent!
Boo!!!!!

Didn't we do some sort of poll and it was split about 50/50 on the stripes issue?

I am obviously in the second lot of 50.... or if not, in the first lot.

Anti Brexit/Pro Stripes.

Think that is how the split goes. If you are for Brexit you have a no stripe stance and if you are a remainer you are probably stripes.

Stripes are democracy.

Ever see stripes on a Ku Klux Klan uniform?

Otis

article-2545168-1AE03AB400000578-555_634x345.jpg
2017-04-02T155411Z_134150051_MT1ACI14772793_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-CVC-OXFFINAL.JPG.gallery.jpg
3292.jpg

We won the FA Cup in stripes. We won the Checkatrade Trophy in stripes. We won the League Two play-off final in stripes.

Anyone who is against stripes is against Coventry City football club and is condemning us to seasons of abject failure.

You should all be ashamed!!

Our biggest 3 successes of the past 30 years have all come because of stripes.

Hang your heads in shame you vile people.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread