2023-24 New Kit Thread (8 Viewers)

biggymania

Someone has clearly made that up as they have cost to make and the manufacturer listed separately when one is part of the other. I also dont get where marketing comes from since most will be their own web/social media etc. if they are incurring costs then that still needs to be added to their share as it's so hidden. Delivery is charged separately (I've just been on their site) and this is one version at £80. there is an 'authentic; at £110 which clearly doenst cost another £30 to manufacture.

It mentions retailer too now presumably that is where eg Sports Direct or someone else sell it on their behalf. No way would someone like Utd allow a retailer to make £26 and them less than £5. Thesy might get a commission for selling it on their behalf more likely the other way round but at worst would be 50/50 of profits.
I'm sure it's not 100% accurate or even close, but what is likely true is that a large portion of the RRP of a football shirt covers marketing, retail, distribution etc - all of which I believe CCFC solely own. Thus they will get a higher % of that RRP than a "brand" club that is selling their shirts in the mass market via sports retailers and globally.

gruffskyblue

On holiday in the Cotswolds and saw a lad running around in the brand new Saints kit. Looks quality to be fair. But felt suddenly irritated that we have no kit to buy. Both the home and away should have been available weeks ago, so people have them for holidays.

The fact that we don’t even have an official away kit announced yet and our first game is days away is just bizarre!

AOM

On holiday in the Cotswolds and saw a lad running around in the brand new Saints kit. Looks quality to be fair. But felt suddenly irritated that we have no kit to buy. Both the home and away should have been available weeks ago, so people have them for holidays.

The fact that we don’t even have an official away kit announced yet and our first game is days away is just bizarre!

It's weird because they clearly have the away and third kit designs and sponsors sorted. We've even seen them in that program leak, so I don't understand what the hold up is?

rob9872

Is there any other club in the UK that has still to release any of their kits ? We are only one day away from the start of the Championship season. Its embarrassing.
If its revealed with Gus signing a new contract everyone will soon forget :)

Marty

Why is the home shirt out of stock in some sizes? Surely at pre order stage, they should just be collecting as many orders as possible, make that amount +500 more.

Now squad numbers have been released, they should add the option for personalisation too. Players names and numbers etc. I'm holding out to add Hamer 38.

Saddlebrains

Why is the home shirt out of stock in some sizes? Surely at pre order stage, they should just be collecting as many orders as possible, make that amount +500 more.

Now squad numbers have been released, they should add the option for personalisation too. Players names and numbers etc. I'm holding out to add Hamer 38.

Lets be honest the kits this year have been a total and utter shit show

shmmeee

Never one to have a name on the back, but something about “Sakamoto 7” is speaking to me.

skybluelee

The shirt printing is another area that needs drastically improving. I couldn't get O'Hare or Dabo printed on my kids shirts despite trying all season because they didn't have 'D' or 'H's in stock. How difficult can it be FFS?

Terry Gibson's perm

Never one to have a name on the back, but something about “Sakamoto 7” is speaking to me.

I had some great success choosing players names on the back.

Dublin
Boateng
Keane
Hadji
Hughes

All were gone soon after.

AOM

The shirt printing is another area that needs drastically improving. I couldn't get O'Hare or Dabo printed on my kids shirts despite trying all season because they didn't have 'D' or 'H's in stock. How difficult can it be FFS?

That is strange, surely all teams in the football league use the same printing and it's just dependent on the colour?
Wonder if you could ask the St Andrews club shop to do it for you 😂

skybluelee

That is strange, surely all teams in the football league use the same printing and it's just dependent on the colour?
Wonder if you could ask the St Andrews club shop to do it for you 😂
Gave up waiting by the time it got to March when they compromised and went for Palmer and Gyokeres instead. After having to rule out the 3rd and 4th choices of Godden and Hamer!

Reactions: AOM

Terry Gibson's perm

My lad has had the same player on the back of his shirt since St Andrews Jamie Allen he is obsessed with him.

This year home shirt Jamie Allen and he wants the third shirt (if the pics are correct) with Simms on the back.

Bertola

I got a Hamer shirt after QPR away (they did a promo offer on it, and I got caught up in the playoff momentum), so they obviously founds some H's

hill83

Original I know but I got ‘COVID’ & the number 19 done on the back of the red & black away top from a few years ago

alan-partridge-banter.gif

I had AIDS 69 on the home shirt

Greggs

I was gonna do exactly the same with a concept Japan kit from the uksoccershop website - either that or a Jamaica/U.S.A concept kit
Sakamoto isn't Jamaican or American though?!

Saddlebrains

Tiny bit of me is pleased being as a load of nonses on here were telling me i was making it up that the kit situation was fucked without a sponsor, delays etc.

I was 'Anti King' i think i recall.

Might dredge up them posts and peoples elbow them virtually

Saddlebrains

Pretty much this, added to the fact the quality the last few years has been shite. Quarter zip training top from last year, badge came off after 3 wears. Waste of money.

Yea I'm leaving it. Kept £50 to the side from the mother in law from my birthday, gonna spend it on holiday with the kids next week now instead

Users who are viewing this thread