21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

edgy

:ROFLMAO:
Someone's close to a full on meltdown. Demanding signing before a friendly against Leamington.

ceetee

Last time I went to a pre-season friendly at Leam I didn't know any of the players. It's not the fixture where we show off our new marque signings

Saddlebrains

Each to their own. Personally feel get everyone in as early as possible to gel and get used to whatever system he goes with this year.

fatso

Agree. Waghorn will work very hard for us, is an established Championship striker who Derby paid £5m for only a couple of seasons ago and he was very good in the season they got to the play off final.

Last season he was in an absolutely horrendous Derby side with an inept manager. I think this fresh start and better service could bring the best out of him again.
Waghorn is no better than what we already have, but the point is that Godden and Walker arnt likely to be able to play 40 games a season, and if we play a high press style we will need to rotate strikers frequently,
So it makes sence to bring a hard working experienced player like him into the squad.
I'd hope to see another striker joining us soon as well, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the rumour mongers on here.

rexo87

Wouldnt be surprised if Gyo and Bright have signed and waiting to be announced with kit tomorrow. No coincidence in my opinion that they havent published any training pics/vids this week

chiefdave

I wonder if it's coincidence that the Leam game is now U23 I hope so
The continuing situation around COVID could mean anything.
Due to the continuing situation around COVID and the requirements of travelling abroad at this time, the Sky Blues have taken the precautionary measure to change Saturday’s game from a first-team fixture to an Under 23s one ahead of our game against Sevilla in Spain next week.

chiefdave

Something seems to be going on. We went from daily updates, and not just from the official CCFC channels from the the players as well, to nothing. And now the Leamington game has changed and as we know the U23s train separately to the first team. Hopefully nothing to serious and just a precaution.

Garryb80

Something seems to be going on. We went from daily updates, and not just from the official CCFC channels from the the players as well, to nothing. And now the Leamington game has changed and as we know the U23s train separately to the first team. Hopefully nothing to serious and just a precaution.
Then why not just say that. The more secretive they are the bigger PR disaster this will become

PVA

Each to their own. Personally feel get everyone in as early as possible to gel and get used to whatever system he goes with this year.

In an ideal world, yes.

But much better to get the right signings, even if that takes time, than rush into things just to get players in place before pre season.

Players can sign in January and fit in seamlessly, just as they can sign in August and fit into the system no problem

Saddlebrains

Doesnt matter what i say does it it will just get shat on like when i said we'd approached Chelsea for Gilmour (which other sources confirmed) and that we were back at the ricoh.

Plus, anything mentioned in a way that makes things not look like champagne and blow jobs at the club gets people shouting and ignoring

Ccfcisparks

Doesnt matter what i say does it it will just get shat on like when i said we'd approached Chelsea for Gilmour (which other sources confirmed) and that we were back at the ricoh.

Plus, anything mentioned in a way that makes things not look like champagne and blow jobs at the club gets people shouting and ignoring
Administration it is

wingy

Go on.

Alkhen

Grow a pair and tell what you 'Know' it'll all come out in the wash if it's true or not

Saddlebrains

Fair enough.

Why do you think we are now after Bright? Patersons gone quiet about the same time hasnt it?

We were all shocked at Waghorn as he doesnt fit the usual recruitment model. Same as Simon Moore.

And thats because both were way down MR's shopping list

Walsh, James, Collins, Paterson all approached, and all missed out on for the sake of a grand or 2 a week here and there. We're not talking the huge differences in money offered by other clubs either, contrary to what people may think.

Why do you think that for the first time in MR's tenure here hes got 2 players in 4 weeks before the first game, when other pre seasons hes over halfway through his recruitment?

I'm not saying he's walking, far from it, but if you think that this summer has gone swimmingly and the bloke isnt cheesed off and had a few stern words with Boddy et al, then you're thinking wrong.

There's only so long you can give a man buttons to build a squad capable of cementing a side, and when after all hes done for us he still isnt being given what he thinks he deserves i can see why there's been some kerfuffle.

Anyway. I await the usual 'you know fucking nothing' or 'you're just stirring shit' or 'you're a wanker' comments

Users who are viewing this thread