21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (11 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Jobello isnt good enough for the championship. Like a lot of our squad lets be honest

Irish Sky Blue

This is what I don't get, we've seen first hand what happens when a club like ours spends above their means (we all enjoyed that year in league two didn't we)

I'm more than happy to trust the recruitment team to do what is right for the team and the long term future, an injury prone guy on 20k a year for 3 years isn't right on either front
To be honest, the year in League Two wasn’t that bad and ended very well, it was the several years that preceded it that were the problem.

mr_monkey

To be honest, the year in League Two wasn’t that bad and ended very well, it was the several years that preceded it that were the problem.

You say that but look at the state on notts county now, that could easily have been us if we hadn't gone up by the lottery of the playoffs

Grendel

Robins has improved the squad every year and we have improved our league positions every year there’s still over 6 weeks to go to the big kick-off big ffs! I see no reason why that won’t happen again. Question is was Matty James ever option 1 lots of players available more than normal and very few players on the move yet, players and officials probably still on holiday or just coming back too. Plenty of time yet.

The squad has obviously improved as we have been promoted

However a lot of success has been down to loan signings in the last two years. So that has to be right.

We have - if you include Marosi - 6 players in the squad who are unlikely to figure at all next season. We have no recognised left back, Dabo was injury plagued and no one knows if he will be fit next season - same for Godden. We only have / recognised strikers and in the midfield area players like Shipley and Allen who struggled to make any impact at all last year

mr_monkey

We did. We also had Østigård, James, Györkeres and McCallum to help us. Which almost makes an XI.

And whose to say that we won't get the same quality or better before the end of the window.... I'd understand the panic if it was opening day tomorrow but we have so much time left and of all the players that have signed for other clubs around us only Matty James is better than we currently have

Grendel

And whose to say that we won't get the same quality or better before the end of the window.... I'd understand the panic if it was opening day tomorrow but we have so much time left and of all the players that have signed for other clubs around us only Matty James is better than we currently have

Every single other player whose signed for other clubs?

mark82

Seems like Plan B has played his way into a Prem loan move.

You don’t have to give anything away, but do you honestly get the feeling this summer is going as well as the last 3/4?

Our situation was decided earlier than 2 out of the last 3 close seasons yet we seem to be further behind the curve and the players were being linked to don’t seem to either follow the model or be particularly good.

Genuinely worried.

I'd just like to see a couple announced (and I don't mean Sheaf & Dinanga) to know we're on the right track. It does feel like we're still being priced out of bringing in the players we really want. I'm always worried at this time of year though, by the start of the season that will have turned to unreasonable levels of optimism.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'd just like to see a couple announced (and I don't mean Sheaf & Dinanga) to know we're on the right track. It does feel like we're still being priced out of bringing in the players we really want. I'm always worried at this time of year though, by the start of the season that will have turned to unreasonable levels of optimism.

Well we have to have a go at getting the likes of James, Collins etc. But they’ve chosen to go to more stable clubs with better facilities than us. Maybe paying higher wages. Ryton is a huge let down compared to the vast majority of Champ clubs.

I am not worried as they’re working through the list and they will address it. There are plenty of players available and the likelihood is our best quality will come from Prem loans. I fully expect 5 loans to come in.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It's a pointless argument as you could counter that and say who says we will bring in the same quality or better?

The primary issue with loans is that they provide no stability. As much as we can put faith in Robins and the recruitment department it's an issue even they'd agree isn't ideal nor is it sustainable.

mark82

Well we have to have a go at getting the likes of James, Collins etc. But they’ve chosen to go to more stable clubs with better facilities than us. Maybe paying higher wages. Ryton is a huge let down compared to the vast majority of Champ clubs.

I am not worried as they’re working through the list and they will address it. There are plenty of players available and the likelihood is our best quality will come from Prem loans. I fully expect 5 loans to come in.

Yep, we'll be fine. Would just be nice to see some getting over the line.

mark82

It's weird how they haven't announced sheaf and dinanga yet.

I think there are probably others done too that are waiting to be announced. A lot of players are on holiday. Some of our staff (including Dave Boddy) are on holiday at the moment. Maybe from next week things will start aligning for the obligatory photo shoots, etc.

mark82

It's weird how they haven't announced sheaf and dinanga yet.

I think there are probably others done too that are waiting to be announced. A lot of players are on holiday. Some of our staff (including Dave Boddy) are on holiday at the moment. Maybe from next week things will start aligning for the obligatory photo shoots, etc.

shmmeee

Yeah that’s about where I am.

SlowerThanPlatt

Are we *actually* out of the transfer embargo?

Users who are viewing this thread