21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I’d of been happy with Burke and Campbell yeah, I think we will end up with a better left back than Bell and wouldn’t go near the other 2. Mendes Gomes time will tell, we all know how big the step up is from league 2.
Who could we get at LB better than Bell in your opinion?

mr_monkey

Campbell and Burke we would all be waxing lyrical about if we had signed, Mendes Gomes the same. Lansbury is a good signing and most would welcome the experience. Bell is a good signing and would be our first choice LB guaranteed. Its a great window and if we had pulled off these signings half our fan base would be saying we will finish top half.

Campbell is the only one, all the others we have better options in our squad (or I'm confident we will by the end of the window)

SleepyGinger

Who could we get at LB better than Bell in your opinion?
No idea but I think mccallum was better than him last season and we’ll find a better one (probably on loan) this year. Just don’t think Luton will be as good as some people seem to expect. Their best player last year was comfortably Dewsbury Hall who’s back at Leicester now.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No idea but I think mccallum was better than him last season and we’ll find a better one (probably on loan) this year. Just don’t think Luton will be as good as some people seem to expect. Their best player last year was comfortably Dewsbury Hall who’s back at Leicester now.
Agree with this. Medes Gomez is literally in the same position as Jodi Jones. We can’t have two unknowns like them.

I’d have had Bell, as we don’t have a left back, and possibly Reece Burke, Campbell like MG is a bit of an unknown quantity aswell.

SlowerThanPlatt

They are losing Mpanzu, he put in an impressive display at St Andrews and totally dominated whoever was in our midfield that night, going to Cardiff or Boro apparently.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Campbell and Burke we would all be waxing lyrical about if we had signed, Mendes Gomes the same. Lansbury is a good signing and most would welcome the experience. Bell is a good signing and would be our first choice LB guaranteed. Its a great window and if we had pulled off these signings half our fan base would be saying we will finish top half.

I'm not sure Lansbury is a good signing.

Over the past five years he's averaged around 12 games a season. That's an alarming record for a player who's likely to be one of their highest earners.

Bertola

Boddy suggesting two or three more in before the start of the season, with the telegraph suggesting a CB and 2 LWB's

Saddlebrains

Can’t see us signing 2 LWBs unless MR has decided Josh Reid is a big mistake

I said this, not heard a good word about Reid from the day he joined which is strange.

Yes i appreciate his injury but to be looking for 2 LWB screams either he's not good enough or is a crock

Saddlebrains

Saddlebrains shopping list

George Cox - LWB - Fortuna Sittard
Leo Ostigard - self explanatory- loan or perm
Tommy Doyle - CM - Man City (LOAN)
a decent left footed centre half

Get them in and its away we go

Legia Sky Blue

Reid was always brought in as a development player, and was injured for a while too. Wouldn't surprise me if we brought in 2 LWBs.

For me though, I'd possibly want to bring in another CM, along with a CB & LWB.

I get that Reid was not going to be rushed in last season when we still had McCallum, regardless of the injury setbacks he suffered, but given he was a regular in the SPL, and therefore playing at a higher level than Rose was when he joined, I would have expected him to be pushing for a first team place this season, and not seen purely as a development player. The one good thing with having no other LWB at the moment is we will get to see how he looks in a few first team friendly's. If he looks completely out of his depth then expect MR to act quickly. We plainly need another LWB regardless, but would still be surprised if we brought two of them in.

Northeast sky blue

What are you expecting to hear? He was brought in for the development squad and has only been here a few months. Think he might have been injured for some of that time as well.
Wasn't Reid playing in the centre and Newton playing the LWB towards the end of last season, but that may have been because of injuries

hamil99

Facebook User

hamil99

Facebook User
I did miss it.

Raises the question even more then of why were apparently looking for 2 doesnt it?

Probably Turner chatting bubbles again

Have to say I was surprised with them saying we needed 2, especially with mason still here. My best guess is Turner's on one as well 🤣. I'd be happy with 1 CB and 1 lwb.

Frostie

I did miss it.

Raises the question even more then of why were apparently looking for 2 doesnt it?

Probably Turner chatting bubbles again

Because he literally turned 19 a matter of weeks ago & was signed for the U23s at this stage.
For context he's younger than the likes of Cian Tyler, Blaine Rowe, Ricardo Dinanga etc.

Saddlebrains

Because he literally turned 19 a matter of weeks ago & was signed for the U23s at this stage.
For context he's younger than the likes of Cian Tyler, Blaine Rowe, Ricardo Dinanga etc.

He also came with rave reviews from playing SPL games and seems to have made everyone on the training ground ejaculate at his quality on his first session.

So i would say we only need 1 lwb

2 CBs also

Users who are viewing this thread