21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (8 Viewers)

Alkhen

giphy.gif

SeaSeeEffCee

Turner saying we want a CB (most likely Clarke-Salter) and a LWB, both on loan. Seems a bit odd to have two loanee LWBs as it’s not a position you rotate often and will probably just lead to a repeat of the Giles situation from last season.

skybluegod

It's a shame there's not a budget over to sign cranie as he'd be cover accross the backline.

It really irrates me seeing this...

Do you honestly believe having Craine at LWB or RWB would work well, even in a desperate scenario you would likely have better options.

Even if we played a flat 4 I could maybe agree but even then, he'd be far too susceptible 1on1.

junglej13

Turner saying we want a CB (most likely Clarke-Salter) and a LWB, both on loan. Seems a bit odd to have two loanee LWBs as it’s not a position you rotate often and will probably just lead to a repeat of the Giles situation from last season.
After Clarke-Salter I had hoped the other loan would be a central midfielder. Disappointing that Reid isn't considered even 2nd choice left wing back.

Evo1883

Well that's a shame , not too sure how we never got in on this , maybe it's a wage % issue who knows .

Good signing for them if they get him , I'd imagine it's with a view to permanent too ..Will be worth a bit in a couple of years

SlowerThanPlatt

Hopefully , let's be honest he's not going to make it here and really we should look at a loan to permanent to get him off the books , same age as ostigard and Miles behind

I wouldn’t write him off just yet but yes he does need an impressive season wherever he goes to get himself into the reckoning here

shmmeee

It really irrates me seeing this...

Do you honestly believe having Craine at LWB or RWB would work well, even in a desperate scenario you would likely have better options.

Even if we played a flat 4 I could maybe agree but even then, he'd be far too susceptible 1on1.

While we’re being irritated:

Wingbacks are midfielders not defenders. We play 3412 not 5212. They’re expected to provide attacking width while the wide CBs can come across and the two DMs provide a shield.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

SBAndy

Why on earth would you have two loanees fighting for one position? And why no CM? Hope Turner is wrong.

SkyBlueMatt

We would have been interested in bringing him back of course, Robins has said it (or along those lines). Brighton are probably looking for a bigger wage contribution or maybe looking to sell (obligation or buy, etc) which we can't afford.

Or maybe he doesn't want to come back to Cov. Those teams mentioned will probably be the other end of the table come final day.

junglej13

Think we then need to think about getting players out next. Hopeful if Drysdale and Pask are offloaded on loan and maybe Allen that might allow us to bring someone else in.

Evo1883

We would have been interested in bringing him back of course, Robins has said it (or along those lines). Brighton are probably looking for a bigger wage contribution or maybe looking to sell (obligation or buy, etc) which we can't afford.

Or maybe he doesn't want to come back to Cov. Those teams mentioned will probably be the other end of the table come final day.

Not Stoke though

SlowerThanPlatt

Think we then need to think about getting players out next. Hopeful if Drysdale and Pask are offloaded on loan and maybe Allen that might allow us to bring someone else in.

Hilssner and Jobello are bigger priorities considering they don’t have even squad numbers

SeaSeeEffCee

But seriously I'd be Interested in knowing why we weren't In for him
We probably were but Brighton will want him to progress. It's rare that a team will send a player they've got serious hopes for to the same club for more than one loan spell.

Evo1883

We probably were but Brighton will want him to progress. It's rare that a team will send a player they've got serious hopes for to the same club for more than one loan spell.

It's his last season on loan and he's out of contract at the of the season .

They are either gunna offer him a big contract or he's gone

Users who are viewing this thread