23/24 Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Anybody got any information on when prices will be released, hopefully Mr King will see the potential and keep prices the same or even drop them a little due to cost of living crisis at the present time

Robinshio

cant see them being any cheaper than this years early bird - unless they do bandings for areas
so sit in a cheap seat at this years price or pay more for dearer zones

I think pay on day should be capped at £25 though - that is surely enough

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We don't know which division we'll be in yet.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d rather the onus for new investments in the team fell on rich owners rather than ordinary fans.
That’s how football was traditionally funded.

it’s also the reason football has become the monster it has,

Team does poor > fans hammer owners > owners sack manager > fans hammer owners again > owner thinks fuck this > fans can’t understand why rich person CBA

“Best way to become a millionaire is to be a billionaire and buy a football club” comes to mind

CovLis86

Didn't it get said that Doug had mentioned that the season ticket prices were 'incredibly' low. So fully would expect the prices to go up.

Hope people would bare in mind that's as much a reflection of current prices being under charged, rather than just a price hike for no reason.

Tommo1993

Would happily pay (a reasonable amount) more if there were “promises” given that it’d reflect on the pitch. Not sure everyone would/can though.

SkyBlueSoul

I've just assumed there'd be a price hike again regardless to reflect the fact we're an established Championship side now. Ricoh Return ST was £299 last season as a goodwill gesture for having played outside of Cov, so this season was an increase on dirt cheap (relatively). Hopefully they don't go up to more than £375

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't it get said that Doug had mentioned that the season ticket prices were 'incredibly' low. So fully would expect the prices to go up.

Hope people would bare in mind that's as much a reflection of current prices being under charged, rather than just a price hike for no reason.

Wanting supporters to spend more is fine provided the owner will also spend more. Last two seasons we’ve had extremely poor owner support despite record ST sales

CovLis86

Wanting supporters to spend more is fine provided the owner will also spend more. Last two seasons we’ve had extremely poor owner support despite record ST sales
Agreed. As another has said above, I think it needs to come with some intent and ambition being shown else it will put many off stretching themselves at an already difficult time.

SHUNT31

I’ve set aside £400 for mine but I’m hoping that’s overkill.

I’m also hoping that either they start selling tickets in blocks 14/15/16 again or some people in that area decide not to renew.

It’s so shit being in Block 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

I would expect season tickets to rise as high as £400, so approximately £17.50 per match.

People will inevitably moan but that's pretty good value against likely match day prices. I think the £20 game band will be stopped but it will be interesting how the club set up matchday prices. There is an argument for setting a price of £25 for every match (a considerable saving of £175 for season ticket holders), although I guess he might be tempted to rise each band by a fiver. A better solution might be to just retain the £25 and £30 bands though, together with one or two community day games at a tenner each.

A rise of any kind however, and however well justified, will inevitably result in a shit storm on here and other social media platforms :)

clint van damme

I would expect season tickets to rise as high as £400, so approximately £17.50 per match.

People will inevitably moan but that's pretty good value against likely match day prices. I think the £20 game band will be stopped but it will be interesting how the club set up matchday prices. There is an argument for setting a price of £25 for every match (a considerable saving of £175 for season ticket holders), although I guess he might be tempted to rise each band by a fiver. A better solution might be to just retain the £25 and £30 bands though, together with one or two community day games at a tenner each.

A rise of any kind however, and however well justified, will inevitably result in a shit storm on here and other social media platforms :)

I'm fully expecting to pay 400 to 450 next season.

SHUNT31

I wonder if they will do away with the free U13’s ticket with each adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

I’m happy with £400….

Covkid1968#

think this will be about right. we can't keep demanding the lowest prices for everything but expect a championship style operation and playing budget
Exactly this

Hobo

Anybody got any information on when prices will be released, hopefully Mr King will see the potential and keep prices the same or even drop them a little due to cost of living crisis at the present time

Cheaper? Our early bird tickets are dirt cheap as it is. I pay £12 a game for a seat more or less on halfway line and in middle of stand height. Perfect viewing vantage point.

I have paid more to watch non league football and third tier rugby. Sometimes our fans moan a lot about nothing.

slowpoke

If we want better players and keep our best players our wage bill will probably at least double so I expect the season tickets to go up significantly, I’d say £450/500 I know it’s a steep rise but early bird STs were cheap this season.
Get saving lads.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd be think £400450. The price stays under £20 per match.

As for individual match tickets, if they keep the categories no way will Cat A go up to £38. If they stay I'd go £25/£28/£30. Anything over £30 is ridiculous. Only reason I've gone to Cat A games is a match package.

ccfc1234

Would welcome the premium zone being more than the other areas and move those areas up by a few pounds a game. However, the point with a season ticket is you commit to the club and give them your money up front full well knowing there will be a few games midweek that for work reasons etc. You will not be able to make. If the price goes above about £16 a game I think many many fans will do the maths and pay as they go and attend less. It's sad but people are really stretched and the product we want to sell needs a full atmospheric stadium.

Also those talking about £20 As fair vs current prices of £15 that is really going to make very little difference to the overall budget. If 10,000 season ticket holders were full paying adults (which they are not) and prices went up by £5 that's £50,000 a week or about 1.2 million a season, not really enough to upgrade a squad on and we could generate just as much with a decent cup run and a few games on TV.

I am happy to pay a bit more but the club need to be very careful as a packed stadium full of noise is the product fans and players want and hiking the prices would be a step in the wrong direction.

ccfc1234

Agreed. As another has said above, I think it needs to come with some intent and ambition being shown else it will put many off stretching themselves at an already difficult time.
Our premium seats are very cheap about the 3rd or 4th cheapest in the league. Clearly this is something the club could review If they wanted to, with some justification as most clubs have a differentiated seating plan.

skyblue025

How do we compare with other clubs in Season ticket prices? We have a playing budget in the bottom 6 of the division so unless this is going to be significantly improved on then our season tickets should be towards the cheaper end. If we are getting a top 6 budget then we should expect a higher price.

We have had a record amount of season tickets sold so a big rise of £100 or more will put a lot of the 50/50 people off and numbers will dwindle away. If there are a group of people who go up together and a couple drop out the others might follow. I used to go up in a group of 5 from Hampshire. The other 4 now play golf every Saturday instead. If it wasn't for my boy coming up with me I probably wouldn't be coming up either as 2 1/2 hours each way is a grind especially mid week.

Cost of living crisis and all that means they are going to have to be careful with the inevitable rise.

Saddlebrains

TBH the broken promises don't help. Yes I know we now have King owning us, but last seasons Boddy comments of ' More season tickets sold the more we can back the manager' was a load of bollocks leading to us flogging a centre half to pay for some grass

Record ST sales and record merchandise sales, yet we didn't see a penny of that get invested as we were promised

Once bitten twice shy and all that

Last edited:

ccfctommy

Saddlebrains is right (shock!)

Also, can someone explain to me what the purpose of a premium zone is? I sit in the former premium zone and you get people standing in the gangways near the end of the game so you can't see.

Nick

Administrator
TBH the broken promises don't help. Yes I know we now have King owning us, but last seasons Boddy comments of ' More season tickets sold the more we can back the manager' was a load of bollocks leading to us flogging a centre half to pay for some grass

Record shirt sales and record merchandise sales, yet we didn't see a penny of that get invested as we were promised

Not sure it was expected to have to pay for a pitch and then have matches postponed.

Saddlebrains

Not sure it was expected to have to pay for a pitch and then have matches postponed.

Any properly run football club at this level should be able to cover unforeseen circumstances like that easily, not flog someone to pay for it and then plead poverty in the press about 'cashflow issues'. I get it if youre league 2 or below, not a midtable championship club

edgy

Record shirt sales and record merchandise sales, yet we didn't see a penny of that get invested as we were promised

I get and agree to an extend with the gist.

However, Boddy's comments were superceded by the pitch issue - unforeseen (another debate) and expensive.

Another angle to consider is had we not have had great season ticket and merch sales, it is entirely plausible that selling Hyam would'nt have been are only damaging loss. "Backing the manager" could also been seen as keeping our top players a bit longer than we could've without the increased revenue?

Users who are viewing this thread