24/25 is THE year (2 Viewers)

ms639

Wright / Simms going to be the most deadly strike force in the league

Saka and EMC terrorising from the wings

Thomas and Kitch will be maturing over the summer and I genuinely think can be a top class champ CB pairing

MVE playing back in his normal position where he’d started to flourish

£10 mill in from gyok sale early doors

£5 mill from the cup run

Hold onto sheaf and we have the best CM in the division

Spend that wisely and build around what we have

3 of the sides coming down will be much poorer than those that came down last year

We have the making of a phenomenal side

Autos for us ole ole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky blue stew

Thomas and Kitch will be maturing over the summer and I genuinely think can be a top class champ CB pairing

£5 mill from the cup run

3 of the sides coming down will be much poorer than those that came down last year

Autos for us ole ole

Totally agree next season is ours

Cally Fedora

I think we’ll have a very good season. Less big hitting clubs coming down as well. We have lots of goals in us which is the difference in the championship

ProfessorbyGrace

We need depth, and a driving midfielder.

Along with A capable LB if Bidwell leaves, and a capable CB if Kitching fails to progress.

GK would be nice, as well.

It could all click though, as it did in the final third of 22/23. Onwards and upwards. ⚽️

Alkhen

I don't disagree but saying the teams coming down will be weaker than the ones that came down last season implies the 3 that came down won't be here again.

So far only Leicester have gone. Saints and Leeds could mess the playoffs up.

Then add Pompey and Derby being more competitive than Hudds and Rotherham.

It's going to be difficult

skyblue025

I don't know why people think the teams coming down are going to be worse than the 3 that came down last year. Burnley pissed the league and got more points than Leicester this year, Shef Utd got 90+ points then signed Hamer and Luton are streets ahead of where they were last year. Barkley will be the best player in the Championship if they keep him. Leeds or Southampton (or both) will still be in the league.

We should be in the mix for the playoffs. To give it some perspective you need 90+ points for the Autos so would need almost 1/2 again more points than we got this season. That sounds a stretch unless Doug is spending 10's of millions on new recruits

TomRad85

Unfortunately we’re quite some way from being in contention for the automatics next season. The best we can hope for is a play-off push, IMO.
I'm very hopeful of top 6. Thought the end of the season was completely unacceptable but I'm over it already. We have good players on our books and I'm confident we'll strengthen enough to have a good crack.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Diogenes

Next year is probably THE best shot we will have at it.

By the end of next season we are likely to have a bunch of players at the stage of their development cycle who are ready to move on. Ie MVE, Wright, Simms so we may need to go through another partial rebuild midway through uncle Dougs 5 year path to greatness.

Brighton Sky Blue

Next year is probably THE best shot we will have at it.

By the end of next season we are likely to have a bunch of players at the stage of their development cycle who are ready to move on. Ie MVE, Wright, Simms so we may need to go through another partial rebuild midway through uncle Dougs 5 year path to greatness.
Wright has a year’s option on his contract in our favour I believe

Otis

Let's see what business we can do in the summer and then address it.

I do think we can challenge at the top, but it's all dependent on who we can bring in to strengthen the squad.

Hincha

The Championship is always competitive but early signs are showing next year is going the most open it has been since we've been back due to the amount of quality coaching in the league.

With the 3 coming down and the 3 missing out on the play offs you already have 6 strong sides next year.

Then you have teams who missed out this year who will be expecting to add a few bits of quality to make play offs (Hull, Boro, us)

Then there are teams who have appointed good young coaches this year and will hoping for a push (QPR, Swansea, Stoke, Bristol, Sheff W)

Finally there are the unknowns who I think could make a push if they get things right over the summer (Sunderland & Pompey)

Think we're in a great position but it is going to be difficult.

bigfatronssba

Unfortunately we’re quite some way from being in contention for the automatics next season. The best we can hope for is a play-off push, IMO.

You don’t think we’ll improve over the window?

skybluecam

Play off “push” should be the bare minimum. Our problem is depth really, I think our first 11 is only a player or two away from the best in the league.

shmmeee

The Championship is always competitive but early signs are showing next year is going the most open it has been since we've been back due to the amount of quality coaching in the league.

With the 3 coming down and the 3 missing out on the play offs you already have 6 strong sides next year.

Then you have teams who missed out this year who will be expecting to add a few bits of quality to make play offs (Hull, Boro, us)

Then there are teams who have appointed good young coaches this year and will hoping for a push (QPR, Swansea, Stoke, Bristol, Sheff W)

Finally there are the unknowns who I think could make a push if they get things right over the summer (Sunderland & Pompey)

Think we're in a great position but it is going to be difficult.

Every single year 😂

bigfatronssba

I’m not sure I understand the suggestion that next year will be a play off push at best.

We had a play off push this year. Are people expecting us to get worse?

bukayosakamoto

I don't think we'd be far from automatics this season if we didn't have such a horrendous first 3 months. If we avoid that next season, with more squad depth I think playoffs should be an absolute minimum

BlueSkiesForever

I think it’ll be a better season purely because of the fact that the relegated prem teams are much shiter than Leeds, Leicester and Southampton. I really can’t see Luton, Burnley or Sheffield causing the league anywhere near as much trouble as those three.

If we can upgrade our midfield, keep Sheaf but not rely so heavily on Palmer and Eccles, and maybe get a pacey LB and better GK then I think we should finish top 6 next season. I’ll be pretty disappointed if we end up with the same shitty midfield, bar Sheaf it’s just not threatening enough, I think our season depends on the quality of our midfielders.

covboy9

£5 mill from the cup run

Autos for us ole ole

Love this but we are Coventry!

6.6mill tops if vik is sold

bukayosakamoto

I think it’ll be a better season purely because of the fact that the relegated prem teams are much shiter than Leeds, Leicester and Southampton. I really can’t see Luton, Burnley or Sheffield causing the league anywhere near as much trouble as those three.

If we can upgrade our midfield, keep Sheaf but not rely so heavily on Palmer and Eccles, and maybe get a pacey LB and better GK then I think we should finish top 6 next season. I’ll be pretty disappointed if we end up with the same shitty midfield, bar Sheaf it’s just not threatening enough, I think our season depends on the quality of our midfielders.
I agree, we might as well look forward to the 25/26 season if we are going to play a midfield consisting of Allen and Eccles. They're not bad but don't have the quality to take us to that next level

Hincha

Every single year 😂

While I agree it is a usual trope after every club gets excited over their signings, if you look at the coaches you can see why the league will be more condensed.

At the bottom of the division the dinosaurs have left (McCarthy, Pearson, O'Neill etc) and have been replaced by promising young coaches (Cifuentes, Rohl, Williams etc).

shmmeee

While I agree it is a usual trope after every club gets excited over their signings, if you look at the coaches you can see why the league will be more condensed.

At the bottom of the division the dinosaurs have left (McCarthy, Pearson, O'Neill etc) and have been replaced by promising young coaches (Cifuentes, Rohl, Williams etc).

Just makes me chuckle. Every year since we came up people have said “oh man, next year is going to be harder because X are down and Y are up and Z will sign decent players”. I don’t know if it’s any truer this year but it gives me hope regardless.

Well be a better side next year, that I’m sure of.

Boicey

£5 mill from the cup run

Autos for us ole ole

The trouble with that is we finished really poorly, almost relegation form, with only Saka out and EMC not here.
Do we go from that to being world beaters after a few weeks rest and some training?
We have a lot to do and recruit especially in defence and midfield.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Play off “push” should be the bare minimum. Our problem is depth really, I think our first 11 is only a player or two away from the best in the league.
I think you are drastically exaggerating how good our first 11 is. One of Leeds or Southampton will be in this division next season (not even touching on the three relegated sides) and we are not 1 or 2 players away from having a better 11 than either.

PVA

I think we'll have a really exciting team next year.

I think Sheaf will be gone though, so a lot depends on how well we replace him, but I'm excited for the window and really looking forwards to next season already.

Users who are viewing this thread