25% of EFL (2 Viewers)

MalcSB

Here is the official up to date government data you were asking for, you will see the breakdown by age group and vaccination status on page 37.

Thanks (I think).

Table 11 shows that the avoidable pressure on hospitals and funeral directors is generated by those who haven‘t been vaccinated.

Page 11 describes the benefits of vaccination in reducing transmission of the virus from those who have been vaccinated to others. There is therefore a benefit of vaccination to society beyond and in addition to the benefit to the individual receiving the vaccine.

Last edited:

MalcSB

It isn´t really weird. It is a pretty normal point of view. I do not believe there should be restrictions when we are talking about the hospitalisation and death figures we are currently seeing, and I also believe it is disgusting to want to force someone to have a vaccine when they don´t want it. It makes almost no difference for younger people, but because there is a vaccine war, people don´t seem to want to tackle this. Personally, I do not have a lot of sympathy for a 70 year old refusing the vaccine as it has a good chance of saving their life, but someone who is 20? It is a totally different situation. This needs to be taken into account when discussing the numbers.

If the whole world is vaccinated, we will still see restrictions with this current mindset, so I think we need to get away from this false utopia where it is believed everyone will get the vaccine and corona will go away. Certainly though, people who want to force others to have it are not good people and this whole battle with the unvaccinated is serving as more of a distraction in my opinion. I disagree wholeheartedly that calling people idiots (Tony Blair today) and immoral (Archbishop of Canterbury today) will do absolutely any good in getting those skeptical to go and get a jab either. With rumours of a fourth now being needed, it is becoming a bit of a joke. We will still be here in another two years regardless of how many people have had their scheduled jabs or not and I think we need to start thinking of realistic ways of getting on with life without relying on it as the only get out.

Something for your 20 year olds to think about.

Effectiveness against transmission
As described above, several studies have provided evidence that vaccines are effective at preventing infection. Uninfected individuals cannot transmit; therefore, the vaccines are also effective at preventing transmission. There may be additional benefit, beyond that due to prevention of infection, if some of those individuals who become infected despite vaccination are also at a reduced risk of transmitting (for example, because of reduced duration or level of viral shedding). A household transmission study in England found that household contacts of cases vaccinated with a single dose had approximately 35 to 50% reduced risk of becoming a confirmed case of COVID-19.

ccfc1234

Thanks (I think).

Table 11 shows that the pressure on hospitals and funeral directors is generated by those who haven‘t been vaccinated.

Page 11 describes the benefits of vaccination in reducing transmission of the virus from those who have been vaccinated to others. There is therefore a benefit of vaccination to society beyond and in addition to the benefit to the individual receiving the vaccine.

I think you may wish to look at the data again as table 11 is only showing the prevalence rates per 100,000 not overall numbers. Table 11 shows that those unvaccinated have disproportionately worse outcomes per 100,000 which on a macro analysis level very much does support the vaccine programme effecttivness. Page 37 is clearly displaying the overall numbers of those who have passed away and would be in the health care system and that data is clear to see.

MalcSB

I think you may wish to look at the data again as table 11 is only showing the prevalence rates per 100,000 not overall numbers. Table 11 shows that those unvaccinated have disproportionately worse outcomes per 100,000 which on a macro analysis level very much does support the vaccine programme effecttivness. Page 37 is clearly displaying the overall numbers of those who have passed away and would be in the health care system and that data is clear to see.

Those who have been vaccinated have done what they can and are showing far lower rates for hospitalisation and death. The document is clear that given the high numbers of vaccinated people, the absolute numbers for that population will be higher. The higher rate for the unvaccinated explains why the numbers in London, with very high numbers of unvaccinated people, look so bad and for some bizarre reason the whole country has tended to end up with restrictions as a result of Londoners failure to show any responsibility to wider society. Perhaps I should have said avoidable pressure (I have edited the post).

There is also the problem that deaths with Covid, not deaths from Covid, are reported. It is probably not unexpected that the highest numbers of deaths are in the over 70s. There is a reasonable probability that a reasonable proportion of that age group would be in the heathy system anyway.

As you say, the effectiveness of the vaccine programme does seem to be demonstrated and hence is of overall benefit to society which is why everyone Who can have the vaccine should have the vaccine.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

- John F. Kennedy

Last edited:

Otis

Those who have been vaccinated have done what they can and are showing far lower rates for hospitalisation and death. The document is clear that given the high numbers of vaccinated people, the absolute numbers for that population will be higher. The higher rate for the unvaccinated explains why the numbers in London, with very high numbers of unvaccinated people, look so bad and for some bizarre reason the whole country has tended to end up with restrictions as a result of Londoners failure to show any responsibility to wider society. Perhaps I should have said avoidable pressure (I have edited the post).

There is also the problem that deaths with Covid, not deaths from Covid, are reported. It is probably not unexpected that the highest numbers of deaths are in the over 70s. There is a reasonable probability that a reasonable proportion of that age group would be in the heathy system anyway.

As you say, the effectiveness of the vaccine programme does seem to be demonstrated and hence is of overall benefit to society which is why everyone Who can have the vaccine should have the vaccine.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

- John F. Kennedy
"Ask not what I can do for my country, but what the vaccine is going to do to my mind and body. I don't want to be be injected with pork and tracking devices, so no jabs for me.".

- John F Scaremonger (Anti Vax Brigade)

Users who are viewing this thread