4th round ratings (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Poor choice of system from MR, and especially poor to carry on with it as the game wore on.

Wilson 5
Eccles 7
Lati 6
Binks 6
Kitching 6
JD 6
Sheaf 7
Torp 8 MOM
Palmer 7
Godden 4
Simms 4

Subs
Allen 5
MVE 6
Wright 6
Thomas 6

Last edited:

Tomh111

Not sure he had much choice with the system?

If we want rotation and rest, we haven't got the depth to play 433.

Don't think it's a surprise that the game drifted away when Sheaf and Torp went off, we completely lost the middle of the park and they gained momentum.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure he had much choice with the system?

If we want rotation and rest, we haven't got the depth to play 433.

Don't think it's a surprise that the game drifted away when Sheaf and Torp went off, we completely lost the middle of the park and they gained momentum.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
A box midfield would have been my choice and as the game went on we really need the extra player in there. Even so we really should have been out of sight, Simms and Godden guilty of being really wasteful up front

rob9872

Poor choice of system from MR, and especially poor to carry on with it as the game wore on.

Wilson 5
Eccles 7
Lati 6
Binks 6
Kitching 6
JD 6
Sheaf 7
Torp 8 MOM
Palmer 7
Godden 4
Simms 4

Subs
Allen 6
MVE 6
Wright 6
I was nodding along until I got to Allen. Should've scored and can't remember him touching the ball before that.

PVA

Wilson 5
Eccles 7
Lati 6
Binks 7
Kitching 6
Dasilva 6
Sheaf 7
Torp 8 extra point for the goal, but looked really good even without it
Palmer 7
Godden 4
Simms 5

Allen 5
MVE 6
Wright 6

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wilson 4 - The only thing he really had to do he failed to do. Dreadful goalkeeping.
Eccles 7.5 - MOTM for me. Worked his balls off.
Lati 5 - Thought he was really poor. In defence he kind of got away with it, but in midfield he just went backwards all the time. Very negative.
Binks 6.5 - Thought he was pretty good, hard to say that given that we didn't win though.
Kitching 6.5 - Probably similar to the above.
JD 5 - Don't rate him at all. Thought he was pretty crap tonight again.
Sheaf 7 - Pretty solid without being anything stand out. Did his job as expected.
Torp 7 - Obviously there are some fitness goals to work at, but amazing strike. We will watch your career with great interest.
Palmer 6 - Played with passion and tried to make things happen. A few wrong decisions but understandable wanting to score.
Godden 3 - Dreadful. Slow, weak, and even worse in front of goal. Needs to get his head down as he is proving doubters correct at the moment.
Simms 4 - Ran the channels, but other than that was really poor. Very underwhelming signing for me as it stands. Hopefully that'll change.

Substitutes were all pretty poor in my opinion. MvE backed off for their goal. Allen was running without much purpose. The other two I can't say much of note about, and I can't really be fucked anyway.

Robins got it wrong today. Wrong formation, tactics, and substitutions. It's very frustrating that we are now looking at a replay as we should be beating a team like that with the players they selected pretty easily. Hopefully we get a good draw and we can beat them at home to go through.

fernandopartridge

Wilson 5
Lati 7
Kitching 7
Binks 5
Eccles 7
Da Silva 5
Sheaf 7
Torp 7
Palmer 6
Godden 5
Simms 6

Wright 5
Van Ewijk 6
Allen 6
Thomas 6

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

Think I might be going against the grain, but I thought Torp looked a bit shocked by the pace - probably used to more time on the ball. If he hadn't scored I'd have said he was distinctly average (which isn't a criticism, given it's his first game in English football) and given a 5, but I'd bump it up to 6 given the blockbuster of a goal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Think I might be going against the grain, but I thought Torp looked a bit shocked by the pace - probably used to more time on the ball. If he hadn't scored I'd have said he was distinctly average (which isn't a criticism, given it's his first game in English football) and given a 5, but I'd bump it up to 6 given the blockbuster of a goal.
He looked pretty assured to me, progressive with the ball, strong defensively and good delivery from corners. Impressive debut all things considered

shmmeee

We were poor as soon as Sheaf went off TBH. Forwards never got in the game and when they did fucked it up royally. Wingbacks didn’t look like they knew what they were doing. Every shot from outside the area scares me with Wilson.

Seamus1

Heard on the radio somebody had texted in saying Godden was man of the match because of all the running he did. I am sick to sodding death of hearing about him chasing the defenders. Look, if Doug King and Mark Robins want to give me £2k a week, they can have my cocker spaniel to go and chase a ball all day and do sod all with it if on the incredibly rare occasion he might nick it off somebody. They can give the rest of the money that would make up Godden’s wage to Callum’s new contract, seeing as how so many seem to think it is only money that is the issue with the contract offer.

Winny the Bish

Heard on the radio somebody had texted in saying Godden was man of the match because of all the running he did. I am sick to sodding death of hearing about him chasing the defenders. Look, if Doug King and Mark Robins want to give me £2k a week, they can have my cocker spaniel to go and chase a ball all day and do sod all with it if on the incredibly rare occasion he might nick it off somebody. They can give the rest of the money that would make up Godden’s wage to Callum’s new contract, seeing as how so many seem to think it is only money that is the issue with the contract offer.
Andy Turner's favourite line: Godden worked his socks off, closed down defenders all the time brilliantly. What a player. Didn't score. 7.

Londonccfcfan

Wilson..awfull. didn't gave a save to make but still looked awfull hows that possible?

Why didnt Tavares get a look in when Simms and Godden looked toothless.

He may as well go out on loan if he can't get a look in this game.

Our defence looked good..don't think they really caused us much trouble. Anyway.

Very winnable tie. Let's put this to bed. In the hat for next round.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

You really don’t understand football do you

pusbccfc

On a better pitch, that side we put out wins that game.

It really messed with our style of play Saturday and did the same tonight.

PVA

does he apologise? If not I’m not arsed. We play full-strength vs Oxford and then go 5 at the back and rest players vs Wednesday. Makes no sense. Useless twat should personally refund everybody

Yeah Robins is such a useless twat

Fuck me

Seamus1

You really don’t understand football do you
Pray, do tell me O’ Oracle of the beautiful game!

Godden’s performances for the past 12 months since he has come back from his foot injury, was it plantar fasciitis, have been poor. The physical pace he had has gone, not surprising as he is now 32, and his speed of thought is not as sharp as he is seldom ahead of his man when crosses come into the box. He is dropping deep to receive the ball, back to goal and trying to turn defenders, 15 yards outside the penalty box. What the hell is he going to do there? As for the chasing down, it’s practically pointless as there are always options for the defenders as he is doing it alone.

Littlewood CCFC

Pray, do tell me O’ Oracle of the beautiful game!

Godden’s performances for the past 12 months since he has come back from his foot injury, was it plantar fasciitis, have been poor. The physical pace he had has gone, not surprising as he is now 32, and his speed of thought is not as sharp as he is seldom ahead of his man when crosses come into the box. He is dropping deep to receive the ball, back to goal and trying to turn defenders, 15 yards outside the penalty box. What the hell is he going to do there? As for the chasing down, it’s practically pointless as there are always options for the defenders as he is doing it alone.

Not to mention his touch and passing/decisions are abysmal... mind you Simms was just as bad tonight

stupot07

Wilson 6
Lati 6
Kitchen 7
Binks 7
Eccles 6
Dasilva 5
Sheaf 7
Torp 7
Palmer 6
Godden 5
Simms 6