50 years of support ....... (1 Viewer)

... and it's about as bad as I can remember. I cannot believe that City, my club, could have sunk so low. This is the worst of times that I can remember. :(

From one of the wealthiest clubs in the old Div 1 in the late 80's to now - started on Richardson's watch and accelerated under the current incumbents. Mismanagement on a grand scale.

And I can't see an end to it :mad:

Otis

As I said yesterday, that is the first time I have ever, in all the years of going up, just remained in my seat when the City have scored. I always jump out my seat, jump up and down, punch the air, cheer and clap like a lunatic.

Yesteday, I just sat there and clapped gently. Never even got out of my seat.

Even when we scored I remained convinced we would lose. We deserved nothing from that game and the scoreline totally flattered us. Should really have been about 4-0 to them.

46 years of support form me and yesterday hurt badly I honestly expected us to win by a good margin.The fact that the players clearly don't give a toss. The manager is a joke I'm afraid, Ive supported him but now he doesn't have a leg to stand on. His team, his players, his coaching, his formation, his tactics need I go on? The club is rotten to the core, a team owned by crooks, thieves and bullshitters promising Jam tommorrow. Every one of the players that played yesterday let down the whole City, they shat on the Club from a great height and then rubbed our faces in it. They totally disrespected the history and tradition of our club and for me that is indefensible. Yesterdays programme had the photographs of those who gave their lives for our country during the great war, those cowardly bastards that surrendered so meekly yesterday should look deep into the eyes of those men and ask themselves some serious questions.

All of those players should come out and publicly apologise for what they didn't do yesterday, but no, they won't, will they?. Pressley needs to go simple. Who can argue with that, He has clearly lost the dressing room and the players couldn't give a toss. Our City has a history of standing up and being counted, our supporters are diamonds, we are easily the most shat on set of supporters in the land, no question, bereft of any succsess and here we are, still passionate, and still here. God knows why.

If I hear SP say that God awful expression " we played in the Coventry way" ever again, I will personally nut him. We are not Barca ffs. I tell you what SP the Coventry way is to fight, just like we used to in the days of JH and Snoz leave it all on the pitch and if you can't do that then go. I can't remember being so fucking mad about a result in a very, very long time. You heartless scumbags show some respect to those who pay your wages, the history of a proud working class club and more importantly to those who laid down their lives so that you could earn a great wage for being cowards.

bringbackrattles

I too never rose once from my seat even when we scored as like Otis I knew we were second best.We looked like the non-league side and they looked like the League team.There fans had there day out but we were dreadful all over the pitch and our support was poor too so all in all a really crap day !

Covcraig@bury

I went to Twickenham on Saturday for the QBE match against the All Blacks and your never disappointed with the result as you know they give there all. 100% every time. This squad of players we have should be turning over teams like Worcester City but they couldn't give a shit. No passion or pride and no back bone !!! I don't even know if I can blame SP ? its the players on the pitch that score goals defend , make tackles and save shots. The buck surely stops with them. Well done Worcester City for showing up this squad of misfits and making us look the incompetent bag of shite we really are

ecky

46 years of support form me and yesterday hurt badly I honestly expected us to win by a good margin.The fact that the players clearly don't give a toss. The manager is a joke I'm afraid, Ive supported him but now he doesn't have a leg to stand on. His team, his players, his coaching, his formation, his tactics need I go on? The club is rotten to the core, a team owned by crooks, thieves and bullshitters promising Jam tommorrow. Every one of the players that played yesterday let down the whole City, they shat on the Club from a great height and then rubbed our faces in it. They totally disrespected the history and tradition of our club and for me that is indefensible. Yesterdays programme had the photographs of those who gave their lives for our country during the great war, those cowardly bastards that surrendered so meekly yesterday should look deep into the eyes of those men and ask themselves some serious questions.

All of those players should come out and publicly apologise for what they didn't do yesterday, but no, they won't, will they?. Pressley needs to go simple. Who can argue with that, He has clearly lost the dressing room and the players couldn't give a toss. Our City has a history of standing up and being counted, our supporters are diamonds, we are easily the most shat on set of supporters in the land, no question, bereft of any succsess and here we are, still passionate, and still here. God knows why.

If I hear SP say that God awful expression " we played in the Coventry way" ever again, I will personally nut him. We are not Barca ffs. I tell you what SP the Coventry way is to fight, just like we used to in the days of JH and Snoz leave it all on the pitch and if you can't do that then go. I can't remember being so fucking mad about a result in a very, very long time. You heartless scumbags show some respect to those who pay your wages, the history of a proud working class club and more importantly to those who laid down their lives so that you could earn a great wage for being cowards.

You have summed it up perfectly..

letsallsingtogether

Exactly right must be 43 years for me also gutted.

The local newsagent asked me this morning "what happened yesterday" I just replied with two words "FUCKING WANKERS!"

Wheelfass

52 years a supporter two weeks ago today and like many others are saying this is the lowest that we have ever sunk in all of those years. And no, I didn't stand up or punch the air when we scored either.
I bought my ticket for this coming Wednesdays JPT game last week and so I will be there........... I wonder how many fans I will have for company??

AndreasB

52 years a supporter two weeks ago today and like many others are saying this is the lowest that we have ever sunk in all of those years. And no, I didn't stand up or punch the air when we scored either.
I bought my ticket for this coming Wednesdays JPT game last week and so I will be there........... I wonder how many fans I will have for company??

Not many on this forum given they have all declared they have "had enough"

Bet it won't stop them bleating on about SISU,Waggott, Pressley etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Just to summarise ......

Am I right in saying,

We are a team very much on the decline, that hasn't had any success whatsoever for nearly 30 years, playing in a stadium that isn't ours, to ever dwindling crowds, while talking about a new stadium that isn't even going to be in the city, while being owned by a group of people we all detest and we have just been knocked out of the cup by a team of part timers from a lower non league side, that qualifies as one of the worst ever results in our entire history?

Is that about right?

Tomorrow I will go on to list the bad points.

Wheelfass

Whether they go or not they have every right to "bleat on" about Sisu, Waggot, Pressley etc. it is the owners and management team that call the shots, they decide who comes in and who goes out and how much is needed to invest to get us out of the un-holy mess.

Wheelfass

Just to summarise ......

Am I right in saying,

We are a team very much on the decline, that hasn't had any success whatsoever for nearly 30 years, playing in a stadium that isn't ours, to ever dwindling crowds, while talking about a new stadium that isn't even going to be in the city, while being owned by a group of people we all detest and we have just been knocked out of the cup by a team of part timers from a lower non league side, that qualifies as one of the worst ever results in our entire history?

Is that about right?

Tomorrow I will go on to list the bad points.
Ditto.

italiahorse

If you are happy with the situation and wish it to continue on at the same level then good for you.
However you may have noticed by the empty seats that most people are not happy.

Some of us have bought season tickets and have had enough. We reserve the right to criticise the current situation.

After all if Sisu think that fans are happy they will carry on regardless. Luckily, like Sixfields, theres not too many of you.

Couldn't agree more - you've put into words my absolute disappointment with a team and management of no-marks.

They should each individually come out and apologise for that non-display and, if he had any honour and decency, SP should fall on his sword.

Nick

Administrator
If you are happy with the situation and wish it to continue on at the same level then good for you.

Some of us have bought season tickets and have had enough. We reserve the right to criticise the current situation.

After all if Sisu think that fans are happy they will carry on regardless. Luckily, like Sixfields, theres not too many of you.

Going to games doesn't mean you are happy with the situation does it?

Covstu

I think the main sad point for me is that i really enjoyed goign up to games, started getting the buzz around Wednesday for a Saturday game. Now i forget we are playing until about Thurs/Friday and have to check who we are playing. Thats the bit that guts me more than anything...

Jetstream-sama

Work and family commitments curtailed my 20+ years of being an active supporter, so did moving to South Wales, however my step-dad (who's 58) was a supporter through the late sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and from 2000 to 2005 (when he emigrated).

To even mention City to him now brings a sigh and a lowering of his head, so I do empathise with the section of 'older' City fans here.

"At least we beat Bayern Munich at Highfield, and won an FA Cup" he says, before changing the subject.

So, in all sincerity, the piss-arse trolls who haven't experienced the highs to FEEL the sting of the low, can go and support the fucking Villa. Or even better, become a Woolly-back, you'd fit right in with their gaggle of gobby mummy's boys. Ignorance is not bliss, it's just irritating, so do one.

AndreasB

When did I say I was happy or condoned it?
Problem with you is your default setting is "had enough" so why do you bother ?

There were empty seats the Week after our Glorious Return. But you can't explain away "can't be arsed" can you?

The Reverend Skyblue

AndreasB what a fantastic supporter you are , fans like you are why SISU and Pressley get away with their incompetence.
we have just lost at home to a team in the lower regions of the conference north and you come out and say " well it's not the end of the earth is it"

well to to me and many others who are a little more passionate about the club do feel it's the end of the earth, so if you don't mind could you go and post somewhere else where the cowards who played yesterday are also forgiven rather easily by the posters.

there must be a site, footballteamswhoarefullofcowards .com

you should be ashamed of yourself for sticking up for the manager/players and the bloody owners after yesterday

SkyblueBri

More years than I care to think about, but that was the worse display, not that we lost Ive seen that many time before.

Even when we were in the first div I remember a game where we were outplayed and run ragged at Norwich, but the fans still clapped our players off the pitch, they had given everything they had and that day we were not good enough.

Yesterday was in a different class , not bothered, no efffort, defensive against a lower teams instead of attack from the off, I do not what is wrong but the Manager is there to get a team playing at the top of their game and we are not.
So where now, I may be wrong but I think in this division most teams are made up of free transfers and loans, so it all comes down to the manager, this teams is not the worst in the division they just play like they are, we need an experienced lower division manager who can galvanise the team..

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I reached the 50 year milestone of support this year. My first game was in 1964. But I've never felt this low about the club as I do now. When no-hopers play like they did yesterday (only watched the highlights to be fair), I now resign myself to the fact that CCFC will have no further success whatsoever in my lifetime. I only hope that things get better for our future fans (if we even have any). I seriously see us in the Conference in about 3 or 4 years. And the way my local team Newport are playing, we could see a meeting of the two!

Covcraig@bury

My first game 1971. ST from 1972/3 season until we went to shitfields. and in all them years I have never felt so ashamed to supporting the sky blues as much as I do now . Its just another nail in the coffin for me and I will struggle to motivate myself to travelling 270 miles to watch them again this season. My local team play better and more attractive passionate football than this pile of shit.

Sky Blue Dal

I really have had enough with my club. They are not what I thought they were.. just don't know where to turn.

Maybe the only 3 names I can relate to who can help me out of this misery is the also reliable Mr Johnny Walker, Mr Jim Beam and Mr Jack Daniels.

Covcraig@bury

:claping hands:
I really have had enough with my club. They are not what I thought they were.. just don't know where to turn.

Maybe the only 3 names I can relate to who can help me out of this misery is the also reliable Mr Johnny Walker, Mr Jim Beam and Mr Jack Daniels.
I`ll drink to that

After initially falling for the City in his early years, my now 13 year old son said to me yesterday " How have you supported them for so long Dad? they really are rubbish" " I told him the same old story you support a club for life, its a family, at times you hate them, but at the end of the day, your stuck with them. My son now follows Bournemouth, he goes up with his mates and I fully encourage him to do so, a decent club on the rise and his local team, Ive never really pushed that hard for him to be a City fan - he was born in Poole - not Leamington like me, so its only right that he supports his local side. I asked him if he wanted to come to the Gillingham game thinking that a full house would maybe re ignite a little of the old flame he used to have for us, he just looked at me and said, " 6 hours in a car to go and watch Cov play?, thanks for the offer Dad, but no thanks. God knows how you are meant to engage the next generation of supporters watching this shite. I feel for the parents that are taking their kids to watch City what a hopeless task you have at the moment and the future too by the looks of it.

skybluelee

This paragraph is my favourite ever on SBT. Wells said, sir.

skybluelee

YOU grow up. Bad day, that's all. 2 individual errors of judgement. Not the end of the world.

No, losing to Sutton was a 'bad day', which can happen in football. After all, it's 11 men v 11 men. It was humiliating at the time but the following week we went away to the league leaders and won 2-1 and ended the season in our 2nd highest ever position in our entire history.

If you think yesterday was simply a 'bad day' then you are a bigger idiot then I thought you were.

jimmyhillsfanclub

This paragraph is my favourite ever on SBT. Wells said, sir.

Hhmmmmmmmmmm......I think this bit is possibly one of the most melodramic things I've read on here to be honest......

more importantly to those who laid down their lives so that you could earn a great wage for being cowards.

....and I can't be arsed to debate it.....just see my signature for my POV..

Wheelfass

It's us "more mature" fans that feel the pain of our failures the most because we've simply seen more failures. For instance, in my 52 supporting years I have seen just three successes. A third division championship, a second division championship (both in the 60's) and that famous FA cup win in May 1987. That is an average of one trophy in just over every 17 years. I have also see us escape relegation 10 times on the last day of the season.
I still live in hope that it will turn around but I just don't know who could provide it. But a change has gotta come because this is a very real scary situation. No ground of our own and bullshit owners with no direction with a team of soulless loan players on a downward spiral to possible extinction. The warning signs are there to see. However, PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread