A club with no fans (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

I can remember us playing in front of less than 11,000 for the opening game of the 1994 season at HR. The notion that we would sustain crowds of 40,000 in the PL is laughable.

An average of 27-28 with sell-outs of 32 for the massive games isn't, though.

Nonleagueherewecome

See my edit! ;)

Gates went up when we moved to The Ricoh and Premiership gates in general are higher than when we were there last. I'm confident that we'd average upper-mid 20's.

To be honest, why are we even having this argument? Are there CCFC supporters who actually want us to have a smaller ground and lower potential as a club?!? :facepalm:

pusbccfc

I can remember us playing in front of less than 11,000 for the opening game of the 1994 season at HR. In the next home game against our 'biggest rivals', Villa, we got just over 12,000. The notion that we would sustain crowds of 40,000 in the PL is laughable.

Completely different now.
We're at a new ground, we've grown into a bigger club moving to the Ricoh.
We got 11k last season most weeks, in league one, that's more than as you've just said for some games during the premier league era in the 90s.

I believe we would sell 20k season tickets easily.
With 3k away fans each week, we would easily manage 25-30k each week.

I know so many people who don't go now, who have gave up, that would be first up the ticket office on promotion day.

bigfatronssba

1961-62 season, City finished 14th in what is now league 1, average attendence of 10,256.

1963-64 season, City finished 1st in what is now league 1, average attendence of 26,017.

It more than doubled last time in this league, why cant it happen again?

Users who are viewing this thread