A Coventrian who lives in Brum (Well Solihull) (1 Viewer)

JHarding1987

I grew up in Coventry, moved to Solihull when I was 11, taking in Moseley,Olton, Hall Green and Shirley en route to where I reside now, Marston Green. I am still Sky Blue through and through despite living over half my life in around Birmingham.I have friends who are Bluenoses and I used to go to a few of their games when Cov were away (mainly for the piss up as I always had to drive to Cov). Those games I went to were when Blues were a joke, gates of 4000 I recall on a Tuesday night, still I had an affection fo them, because of friends.
We as a club helped them out,too much, buying the likes of Liam Daish for £1m and Gary Breen for £2.5mand letting them have Ndlovu for a box of weetabix cos they had no cash.
Then, when the boot is on the other foot,they don't return the favour, no longer are they fun, their ground is so quiet AND despite what they say, they are NOT a bigger club. They could not fill their ground in the Premiership. Last time in the Championship their attendances were not much bigger than ours & they were top, whilst we were suffering another season of nothingness. I work with Bluenoeses,none of them go. My missus' brother is a Blues fan and he stopped going because it was no longer any fun and the football was awful.
Not sure what my point is:p,but it does my head in when they think they are Barcelona when they are no bigger than Gillingham. Rant over.​

JHarding1987

I think my point is now that I hate them! :p
My missus son is a Bluenose- who never goes. Fortunately our 5 year old son supports Cov and is a JSB and loved the 7 matches he went to last season, partularly the 5 at the end, he really got into it, thanks to the NPower Championship Sticker album!!! Had to bid on ebay to get the Cov stickers we needed!!!

Hiya Jas
I can understand your frustrations, however you gotta let it lie.
Birmingham are the bigger club, global branding and rich owners.
You need to move back to Cosovantry, get back to your roots.
Even Ron Atkinson supported the Blues ;)
Jusk ask Greggie P, he knows :jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread