A Date Apparantley Set (1 Viewer)

Apparrently, the Admin hearin in London will take place on 22nd March, which should mean that we will get a points penalty this season, which leaves us in the clear to go for it next year. Hasnt bene confirmed yet but im hearing that isnt on that date. Does anything have an opinion on wheather the application for Admin by ACL will be succesful? I think it will as SISU have been neglectful to us for years and ACL will of course bring all the dirt they have on SISU to the hearing

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
only means this season if the judge rules that CCFC should be in administration before 28th March...... that is not certain yet

torchomatic

Points deduction this season? I wouldn't bet on it, Liam.

mark82

SISU being neglectful to CCFC would be irrelevant. They are not applying to put SISU into admin. They are putting CCFC into admin.

Paxman II

Apparently even if the hearing results in admin the football league must convene and that was stated somewhere will not be before the close season. So ACL will have got that wrong. Likely we get more points deducted at the start of next season.

It's a punishment from the league and as such must reflect that and not be overly zealous. For example if we make the playoffs but then get deducted 10 points that would be a double punishment. If we were midtable and they took 10 points from us and we were still safe then has there been any punishment?

So not as clear cut as you think and why the elegaue will convene to decide what punishment and when it takes place leaving the likely outcome being next season which may be 20 points. That could be starting in the championship! Will it be 20 points? I think unlikely.

....still think there is more to come from both sides next week so strap yourself in for the ride!

Paxman II

oh and you don't think SISU (whichever comapny it concerns at least) would not appeal the leagues decision and take that to court? The precedent for points deductions is not exactly all too clear in a legal sense. certainly challengable. New precedents may have to be set.

BurbageSkyBlues

One point to consider, if fairness were to be applied for gauging the punishment......

The club has made best endeavours to reduce the losses, it isn't in the same league as Portsmouth when it comes to throwing money down the drain. Maybe the points deduction will reflect this effort at managing the losses.

D

Deleted member 4439

Apparently even if the hearing results in admin the football league must convene and that was stated somewhere will not be before the close season. So ACL will have got that wrong. Likely we get more points deducted at the start of next season.

It's a punishment from the league and as such must reflect that and not be overly zealous. For example if we make the playoffs but then get deducted 10 points that would be a double punishment. If we were midtable and they took 10 points from us and we were still safe then has there been any punishment?

So not as clear cut as you think and why the elegaue will convene to decide what punishment and when it takes place leaving the likely outcome being next season which may be 20 points. That could be starting in the championship! Will it be 20 points? I think unlikely.

....still think there is more to come from both sides next week so strap yourself in for the ride!

Surely the regs are the regs: this is not a case of an arbitrary figure for points deduction. If we go into admin before Match 28th it's a 10 pt reduction this year.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/reg...293633_2125717 - see 12.3.3., 12.3.4.

Baginton

This wil drag on and on like Portsmouths, theyve had several court hearings postponed, dont expect anything to happen anytime soon.

they drag these things out better then the soaps zzz#

J

Jack Griffin

The FL may have to convene but the regs are based on the date of 'insolvency events', ie when the court makes a ruling

Grendel

The FL may have to convene but the regs are based on the date of 'insolvency events', ie when the court makes a ruling

Not in the case of Southamptons I think you may find.....

Macca

I hope the points go this season. Only a fool would hope it's next season just to back up their argument ;)

Paxman II

Read the regs carefully. You will find all sorts of caveates. That's why they must convene at their earliest date...certainly won't be in time for this season.

Of course it's my understanding. ;)

Jcap

I have to say I find it odd that ACL say they're acting in clubs best interest when if judge rules in their favour before FL deadline then we get 10 pt deduction even though we can still make play offs. This alone will completely rule out possibility of promotion. Not that I believe anything that comes out of SISU / ACL / CCC anymore!

Jim

I have to say I find it odd that ACL say they're acting in clubs best interest when if judge rules in their favour before FL deadline then we get 10 pt deduction even though we can still make play offs. This alone will completely rule out possibility of promotion. Not that I believe anything that comes out of SISU / ACL / CCC anymore!

As opposed to having the club liquidated? I know which option I prefer.

This is a short term punishment that will allow long term improvement.

Sky Blue Pete

The only change I would suggest to that is 'possible' long term improvement!

Won't be clean but with the current impasse between the parties and sisu's belligerence the alternatives are worse

percy

see what your saying but if we did go up this season it would be a massive task next season. trying to stay up with a minus 10. i think we need to do it now

Jcap

But it's all hearsay. Fisher said this. Labovitch said that. Seriously am disillusioned with whole thing. As I said I don't believe any of them any more. They're all got their own agenda. Us fans the only losers here.

Users who are viewing this thread