A Little Bit of 1970's Nostalgia (1 Viewer)

They do say that nostalgia is not what it used to be. Having said that (sadly), does anyone remember the attempt to swap the Sky Blue song with one sung, I think by a George Formby sound-a-like. :eek: To my recollection it went like this:- :guitar2:

Coventry City, Coventry City,
we are the sky blues.
Wherever we play,
home or away,
we'll support you, win or lose.

City, City,
we are the sky blues.
City, City.
We'll support you win or lose.

I do know the tune but don't know how to describe it as I think it was composed for the words rather than using an existing ditty. It never really caught on, although I must admit I quite liked it. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have any nostalgic gems they would like to share? :)

DazzleTommyDazzle

They do say that nostalgia is not what it used to be. Having said that (sadly), does anyone remember the attempt to swap the Sky Blue song with one sung, I think by a George Formby sound-a-like. :eek: To my recollection it went like this:- :guitar2:

Coventry City, Coventry City,
we are the sky blues.
Wherever we play,
home or away,
we'll support you, win or lose.

City, City,
we are the sky blues.
City, City.
We'll support you win or lose.

I do know the tune but don't know how to describe it as I think it was composed for the words rather than using an existing ditty. It never really caught on, although I must admit I quite liked it. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have any nostalgic gems they would like to share? :)

I've got it on a CD I got from the club shop some years ago.

I think it originated in the 60's rather than the 70's.

skybluesam66

was by the same chap ( a city supporter) who sang the song which included all 92 league clubs "football football"

i started watching early 70s and it was already sung then

torchomatic

Last edited:
Alan Randall ............ yes, the mists are starting to roll back and I do remember the name now. I would like to see the cover, if you can do it Mr O'Matic.

torchomatic

819828.jpg

This is the front

Users who are viewing this thread