A sorry state of affairs !!! (1 Viewer)

Swallow43

I have tried to keep my thoughts to myself over the last few days hoping that MK would show some loyalty to the club that gave him a route back into football, but now the outcome seems to be settled, for what it's worth these are my thoughts..

In their favour the Club *have tried to do what the majority of fans were asking for, more openness and keeping them informed. However, it appears they have either been very naive or very cynical.*
I remember the joyous comments on here a couple of weeks ago when it appeared that MK's future with #CCFC was sorted which no doubt led to more fans committing to buying season tickets and god knows how many having their new shirts emblazoned with the name of MK. If the release about MK 'signing' was cynical then I assume as far as the club is concerned, mission has been accomplished.*
I would prefer to think they have been naive and MK's agent has played a blinder by gaining his client a significantly increased salary with the bonus of European football.....albeit for only 1 *round !!
Given the same opportunity, I suspect the majority of fans would also take the money and run !!

It would be nice to think that those who have bought MK shirts could gain a replacement but who would cover this cost ? Ideally MK himself...he would say that none of this is his fault, he never said anything publicly about committing his future to the club so that would leave the club to cover the cost. *If this was a cynical move, then *no chance, and even if not, can they afford to give away xxx number of shirts...I doubt it !!

Unfortunately, for those who invested in season tickets on the basis of this news, we can all only hope that the new season is better than we currently anticipate, and under AT's guidance we cam build on the promise shown at the end of the season, even without MK and KW.*

MK is not the first, and won't be the last player to walk away from a club leaving the fans angry and hurt, but as many have mentioned, *no player is bigger than the club.*
The club will continue and need the support of the fans, to continue blaming the board or whoever will only detract from the one thing we all want...a successful Sky Blues.*
We must all get behind AT and the team, whichever 11 pull on the shirt.*
#PUSB

Tankie

A nice post post Swallow, and your thoughts put an even Balance to the situation
To my mind the whole Scenario leaves a pungent aroma in my nostrils, I mean could "The club" by all that's Holy, leak a story to the press that M.K had agreed to sign, to influence people to buy season tickets, and shirts, well if they did it seems they made a cracking job of it, except, with the coming season, looming not too far ahead, a rift between the Board and fans over alleged dishonesty, or even leading the fans astray is the last thing we needed.
it would be imprudent, to speak about "telling lies"but at no time, has M/K gone public about signing a new contract with the sky Blues, all the noises have been coming from the spin Doctors, who at best have embellished the facts, or deliberately
sought to deceive us, it would not be surprising if in the next few days, Marlon King, refuted the announcement that he had agreed to sign a contract with us as a total fabrication.
Regards..Tankie

In their favour the Club *have tried to do what the majority of fans were asking for, more openness and keeping them informed. However, it appears they have either been very naive or very cynical.*
I remember the joyous comments on here a couple of weeks ago when it appeared that MK's future with #CCFC was sorted which no doubt led to more fans committing to buying season tickets and god knows how many having their new shirts emblazoned with the name of MK. If the release about MK 'signing' was cynical then I assume as far as the club is concerned, mission has been accomplished.*
I would prefer to think they have been naive and MK's agent has played a blinder by gaining his client a significantly increased salary with the bonus of European football.....albeit for only 1 *round !!
Given the same opportunity, I suspect the majority of fans would also take the money and run !!

It would be nice to think that those who have bought MK shirts could gain a replacement but who would cover this cost ? Ideally MK himself...he would say that none of this is his fault, he never said anything publicly about committing his future to the club so that would leave the club to cover the cost. *If this was a cynical move, then *no chance, and even if not, can they afford to give away xxx number of shirts...I doubt it !!

Unfortunately, for those who invested in season tickets on the basis of this news, we can all only hope that the new season is better than we currently anticipate, and under AT's guidance we cam build on the promise shown at the end of the season, even without MK and KW.*

MK is not the first, and won't be the last player to walk away from a club leaving the fans angry and hurt, but as many have mentioned, *no player is bigger than the club.*
The club will continue and need the support of the fans, to continue blaming the board or whoever will only detract from the one thing we all want...a successful Sky Blues.*
We must all get behind AT and the team, whichever 11 pull on the shirt.*
#PUSB

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread