A Thankyou (1 Viewer)

gally9

.. to the best fans in the country.

Today I took my 7 year old son along to Milton Keynes and I must admit, I was a little worried about doing so. He’s had a season ticket for the last 2 seasons but let’s face it, you can pretty much walk from your car to the ground and not see another person.

Anyway, apart from Wembley, he hasn’t done any away games (Wembley was different.. neutral ground and that). I shouldn’t have worried.. every fan we came into any sort of contact with, be it queueing to get in, walking to the ground, in the pub before hand etc.. every single one was top class with him.. high fives.. asking who his favourite player was.. singing songs with him. Restores your faith in football..

He’s gone to bed singing there’s only one Mark Robins.. he’s in it for life now.. he’s totally hooked.

Esoterica

Today I took my 7 year old son along to Milton Keynes and I must admit, I was a little worried about doing so. He’s had a season ticket for the last 2 seasons but let’s face it, you can pretty much walk from your car to the ground and not see another person.

Anyway, apart from Wembley, he hasn’t done any away games (Wembley was different.. neutral ground and that). I shouldn’t have worried.. every fan we came into any sort of contact with, be it queueing to get in, walking to the ground, in the pub before hand etc.. every single one was top class with him.. high fives.. asking who his favourite player was.. singing songs with him. Restores your faith in football..

He’s gone go bed singing there’s only one Mark Robins.. he’s in it for life now.. he’s totally hooked.
Can't be a much better feeling as a Dad when you know your lad has caught the CCFC bug for life!

wantageskyblue

I was hoping to take my 9 year old daughter today but I’m glad I didn’t. There are a significant minority of our fans on big away days who are an embarrassment to the club and the city. Throwing smoke bombs and bottles, abusing stewards for no reason at all, invading the pitch and generally being obnoxious twats - I have been watching city home and away for 43 years now and if I had behaved like some of our fans today 25 years ago someone would have given me a well deserved slap. Just grow up please.

letsallsingtogether

I was hoping to take my 9 year old daughter today but I’m glad I didn’t. There are a significant minority of our fans on big away days who are an embarrassment to the club and the city. Throwing smoke bombs and bottles, abusing stewards for no reason at all, invading the pitch and generally being obnoxious twats - I have been watching city home and away for 43 years now and if I had behaved like some of our fans today 25 years ago someone would have given me a well deserved slap. Just grow up please.
25 years ago you would have got a kung fu star in your head or dodge a dart thrown from the away end.
They would have been fighting on the pitch, all your coach windows would have been smashed.

So really tame these days.

My lads first game was against Portsmouth when they broke into the West End at half time now that is frightening for a 5 year old, done him no harm and still supporting the City from afar at uni in Manchester.

steve82

He’s gone to bed singing there’s only one Mark Robins.. he’s in it for life now.. he’s totally hooked.

How did he get on with his away day starter kit, flair set off at the right time. Bottle throwing up to scratch? CP, Hackett or stone Island hat?

On a more serious note pleased to hear you had a enjoyable experience.

Generally it's ok, me and my son now 12 go a lot of away games and avoid all the idiots but you can predict when they will turn up. Yesterday was a classic example of the idiot brigade turning up in numbers.

Plenty of 15 year old top boys well turned out in there wellsbourne stone island gear with less fascial hair between them than on right said Fred's head!

Turning up giving it plenty at MK Dons... abusing stewards, callers police wankers. Let's hope we don't face Blues or Millwall in the next round. But then I'm sure they would be blending in, casual jeans or adidas joggers slipping in the stadium quietly.

Well done boys, back on the Xbox today slapping hookers up no doubt.

bawtryneal

My Dad first took me to Highfield Rd in 1967
Still remember it to this day. Unfortunately my Dad has dementia now so cannot go anymore but we had some fantastic times for 40 odd years. Starting taking my two daughters when they were nippers and they still go occasionally with me and their Chelsea and Rotherham supporting boyfriends.
Great family times and encourage everybody to do the same
Took the wife yesterday. Even she enjoyed it

joemercersaces

Mine took me to HR in 1969. Elsewhere on another thread is a vlog made by my lad yesterday who’s now 16 and Sky Blue mad, keeping the faith going. He’s never seen us in the top flight and he’s 16! Just hope he gets his chance.

Covstu

Great first post and I cannot wait to take my daughter up for her first time at the Accrington game. To be honest apart from the flares I didn’t see any trouble

cov4theprem

Have to say, I took my 10 year old to the game and I think the flares and the ‘excessive passion’ shown by a select few actually added to the occasion

stevefloyd

Bad Dad...I done it to my son too.....he still hasn't forgiven me ha ha

stevefloyd

Still remember it to this day. Unfortunately my Dad has dementia now so cannot go anymore but we had some fantastic times for 40 odd years. Starting taking my two daughters when they were nippers and they still go occasionally with me and their Chelsea and Rotherham supporting boyfriends.
Sorry to hear about your Dad :(

Skyblueweeman

Yeah sorry to hear about your dad.

What part of the ground were you in yesterday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread