A wins a win but........... (1 Viewer)

FabianDebec

If we play like we did last night for the rest of the season we will go down. The worst performance iv seen from a Coventry side in years. No shape, no plan, no desire. The only real positive is that SP picked a sensible back four. Stevenage wouldnt of scored in 180 minutes, their luck just wasn't there. I don't know what we're like away from home, maybe playing at six fields is to blame but watching a performance like that and then seeing SP big it up really worries me.

Greggs

Play well and lose or play poorly and win.........i know my choice in these dire times!

skybluesam66

fabian - no i wasnt there last night , but at the ricoh and away over the last few years, ive seen 100's of the worst performances ive seen from a coventry side

its part of being a coventry supporter

if we can win in saturday, i think that will be enough for safety
crewe would then need 3 wins from 6 to go by us
and the bottom 3 would need 4 from 7

it will be a low number of points this year due to the high number of points the top 5 have

so relax - cheer them on on saturday, and hopefully 3 points and we will be safe

Grendel

If we play like we did last night for the rest of the season we will go down. The worst performance iv seen from a Coventry side in years. No shape, no plan, no desire. The only real positive is that SP picked a sensible back four. Stevenage wouldnt of scored in 180 minutes, their luck just wasn't there. I don't know what we're like away from home, maybe playing at six fields is to blame but watching a performance like that and then seeing SP big it up really worries me.

The team only need one more win.

He didn't play a back 4.

RFC

Played porley and WON, being playing well and losing! Conceding silly, sloppy goals, to some extent they dragged us down to their level.

However will take the clean sheet & 3 very important points. PUSB!

SkyBlueRuffian

Don't worry be happy!

Gint11

I completely understand your point of view and I have come out of games in the past and said the same thing. However, we are in a situation where we just need to win 2 games to become safe. Performances doesn't matter now. We needed to win and we did. 3 points is all that matters. Would you prefer us to play like Barcelona last night and lost 2-1? Win at Crewe and we survive to fight another day.

torchomatic

..but nothing. A win is a win.

Sky Blue Kid

Grendel [quote The team only need one more win. /unquote]...........................We are 6 points ahead of joint 4th bottom Carlisle/Tranmere, but have a far superior GD (which is worth 1 point) and 8 points off bottom club Stevenage/Notts Co, again with superior GD.....There are 21 points still up for grabs. Sheff Utd, and Bristol City were in the bottom 4 about 7 games ago Both of these clubs are above us, and Sheff Utd are 6 points clear of us. So how you can say we only need 1 more win absolutely baffles me, your math is questionable to say the least.

Grendel

Grendel [quote The team only need one more win. /unquote]...........................We are 6 points ahead of joint 4th bottom Carlisle/Tranmere, but have a far superior GD (which is worth 1 point) and 8 points off bottom club Stevenage/Notts Co, again with superior GD.....There are 21 points still up for grabs. Sheff Utd, and Bristol City were in the bottom 4 about 7 games ago Both of these clubs are above us, and Sheff Utd are 6 points clear of us. So how you can say we only need 1 more win absolutely baffles me, your math is questionable to say the least.

All the teams are averaging no more than a point a game in the bottom 4. So mathematically its very easy to work out.

Sterling Archer

Worse performance in years? If it brings us a 1-0 win, let's keep breaking that record week in week out.

I'd imagine the 3-0 JPT defeat to Crewe last year was much worse, don't be so melodramatic.

CCFC88

The defeats at Notts County and Tranmere were much worse than last night.

He played 3 at the back with the 2 wingers

skybluebeduff

The OP is correct and nervous too just like many of us. We should of been safe weeks ago, but being who we are, we've left it to the last minute, we still NEED more points to confirm safety. It's not over yet guys!

SkyBlueHomer

We'll take any sort of win at the minute. Didn't go last night but would take an even worse performance on Saturday if its gives us a win.
Looking at our run in, from the remaining 8 games, 5 of those teams currently have a chance of a top 6 position.
Think we need to be safe going into the Wolves & Sheff Utd games.

ajsccfc

It's almost a relief to hear that we were crap but managed to nab the points, as that's vital to any kind of relative success. Rather an undeserving win than an undeserved dropping of points as has been the theme.

Sky Blue Kid

There are 24 points still up for grabs. Sheff Utd, and Bristol City were in the bottom 4 about 7 games ago Both of these clubs are above us, and Sheff Utd are 6 points clear of us. Overlooking these 2 teams eh Grenduffy?...........8th Feb got stuffed 3-0 Notts Co(2nd bottom)..18th Feb beaten 2-1 by Carlisle(4th bottom) 22nd Feb stuffed by Tranmere 3-0(joint 4th bottom)...It's all well and good thinking we need only 1 more win, realistically I won't breath easy unless we get a least a bare minimum of 7, preferably 9 points. I can't see where these points are going to come from though, we've got the toughest run-in of all the bottom half teams

torchomatic

I didn't go last night, so had to make do with listening on the radio too. Sounded good though, didn't he? I'm going to the Bradford game next week and just received my P'boro tickets, so my lad is looking forward to another away trip.

How did the new midfielder play? Sounded good on the radio.

fernandopartridge

If we play poorly yet win 1-0 we definitely will go down.

Harry Krishner

City won't win at Crewe on Saturday- I know it to the marrow of my sky blue bones.

They can't. It would be too easy. They'll probably stay up, but it will be from a bizarre combination of draws and other teams losing that no mere mortal can forsee.

Wank me off with a hand full of stinging nettles if I'm wrong, but who would dare to disagree?

skybluesam66

lets be realistic - like most teams we have had some good and bad results - but we are the 7th best team in the division based on results to date - so less of the doom-mongering

stupot07

6 points from our remaining 8 games would do it, 51 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

spider_ricoh

Maybe 3-5-2 is the way forward until the end of the season. we probably became too predictable.

I liked how he was prepared to have a real shake up and drop the under-performers from Saturday - hopefully the new lad in midfield with gel with Fleck and give us some more bite.

wingy

You have to have a bit of Luck along the way also .

Did'nt have It when missing the Pen,One area I think the magnificent CW can Improve on Is composure.

Two did they hit the Woodwork Twice??

Covstu

The biggest objective was to stop the rot which we certainly did. Okay it wasnt a great win but it was a win none the less. We have to grind out results down this end of the league and they wont be pretty. One thing that showed last night was alot more effort to win tackles and get stuck in. We have looked lightweight all season so this was an improvement.

I would take 1-0's all the time in our current state.

Moff

6 points from our renaming 8 games would do it, 51 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Stupot, I love tapatalks genuine spelling mistakes. I would like you to rename the remaining games. ;)

coop

Just watched the highlights and we were lucky last night and there was never 1600 in that ground

Users who are viewing this thread