Aaron Martin (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Back to the drawing board!

If the CET had any inside info (rather than just assumption) which resulted in them listing the available 'free' CB's, from that list I bet we'll end with Louis Carey...... :( that would be us hitting rock bottom IMO.

Gint11

Aaron Martin has signed for Yeovil Town on a 2 year deal.

Monners

Disappointing to miss out on a possible target to one of our division rivals. Realistically, it is an indication of where our club stands I suspect.

ccfcway

whilst others are offering contracts, we are "considering"

Its not like we have had months to prepare for who the out of contract summer targets will be.

stupot07

It does make SP look a bit foolish though !!

Why?

“We’re in the market for a centre-back and he is on our list,” confirmed Pressley. “We’ve got a number of names we’re looking at over the course of the next couple of months and he’s one of a number of players in that position that we’re considering.

For all we know he may not even be in the top 3 of SP's list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

If we don't start putting offers into people for a few weeks. I again will find it hard to judge the manager. I just want to judge a manager on one season where he had the same opportunity as others to sign players. Right at the beginning of the window

dongonzalos

Why?

“We’re in the market for a centre-back and he is on our list,” confirmed Pressley. “We’ve got a number of names we’re looking at over the course of the next couple of months and he’s one of a number of players in that position that we’re considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We all know he also may have been his number one target. That comment works both ways.

sky blue john

Why?

So you don't think he looks stupid mentioning it to the Cet two days before he signs for someone else ??

stupot07

So you don't think he looks stupid mentioning it to the Cet two days before he signs for someone else ??

No I don't think he looks stupid for mentioning it. I imagine he was asked the question "Aaron Martins has been released and available on a free transfer, is he someone you would like to bring in?"

He answered it diplomatically or in your view should he have said "no, he's shit we're not interested in him, he's that far down my list my sheet of paper isn't big enough to include him on it....."

Honestly, it's moaning for moaning sake. We don't know what Martin's thoughts were, he's from the Isle of Wight so may have wanted to go back down south closer to his family anyway.

sky blue john

No I don't think he looks stupid for mentioning it. I imagine he was asked the question "Aaron Martins has been released and available on a free transfer, is he someone you would like to bring in?"

He answered it diplomatically or in your view should he have said "no, he's shit we're not interested in him, he's that far down my list my sheet of paper isn't big enough to include him on it....."

Honestly, it's moaning for moaning sake. We don't know what Martin's thoughts were, he's from the Isle of Wight so may have wanted to go back down south closer to his family anyway.

Exactly you imagine !!!

Skyblueweeman

FFS guys! Chelsea missed out on Gerrard, Man Utd missed out on Fabregas, Tottenham missed out on Willian and regardless of how far you go down the food chain, clubs miss out on players. It's a FACT of the world of football. When we signed the likes of Murphy, Moussa, Fleck etc, other clubs will have missed out.

Martin isn't the only CB that SP is interested in...he's said that himself.

Man alive...

WM

sky blue john

FFS guys! Chelsea missed out on Gerrard, Man Utd missed out on Fabregas, Tottenham missed out on Willian and regardless of how far you go down the food chain, clubs miss out on players. It's a FACT of the world of football. When we signed the likes of Murphy, Moussa, Fleck etc, other clubs will have missed out.

Martin isn't the only CB that SP is interested in...he's said that himself.

Man alive...

WM

Easy Tiger !!
Don't tell me the weddings off already...

TheSnoz

Prefers Yeovil to CCFC. Our owners have made us totally uncompetitive. As Monners says, '...an indication of where our club stands.'
Unless Sisu go, expect bigger disappointments.

torchomatic

Which is why the word "understands" appears in many CT articles. "The CT understands..."

Yes, journalists don't ask questions, they just sit quietly waiting for SP to break the silence and give them soundbites.

Nick

Administrator
Prefers Yeovil to CCFC. Our owners have made us totally uncompetitive. As Monners says, '...an indication of where our club stands.'
Unless Sisu go, expect bigger disappointments.

Could it have anything with being closer to home etc?

Skyblueweeman

Easy Tiger !!
Don't tell me the weddings off already...

Ha ha! No, still on although far too early for a date yet!

My point being that if we missed out on every target over the past 7 years, we'd have the likes of Konjic, Jorgensen, Stern John etc, all playing for us in their 40's with a mixture of nippers. History tells us that we do bring in players, both signed and on-loan. To miss out on one isn't the end of the world. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

That's all,

WM

Sbarcher

'If the right players are available tomorrow, we'll sign them tomorrow' - Steve Pressley
Please wake me up when tomorrow comes.........

ccfctommy

So what do you think of Webster and Seabourne then?

Personally I don't mind Webster. Bit clumsy but is a solid defender, does not get the credit he deserves. Not too sure on Seabourne to be honest don't rate him too highly either.

The best i've seen us defensively last season was when Webster and Willis were at CB.

The Gentleman

Personally I don't mind Webster. Bit clumsy but is a solid defender, does not get the credit he deserves. Not too sure on Seabourne to be honest don't rate him too highly either.

The best i've seen us defensively last season was when Webster and Willis were at CB.

Didn't see too much of him last season but what I did see (and caught most of the goals on the box) Webster was awful, poor reading, poor distribution, runs like he is wading through treacle, turns like the QE2 and very prone to mistakes, about sums up our defending to be honest. Worst part is he will be another year older next season. Bit pointless saying it now but Martin would have been a good signing and strengthened our very leaky defence in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread