ACL Genius (1 Viewer)

mattylad

They want the same administrator that fecked up Luton and although many wont believe me a firm my company broke a contract with mid term due to its inability to deliver on its promises http://partnership.pagroupplc.com/

It would be laughable if it were not so sickening :(

wingy

Without Searching for articles I believe they Handled The Crystal Palace Admin Very successfully and if I'm not mistaken re-united Club and ground in the takeover where both were in Admin.:confused::p

covmark

There seems to be an air of excitement and joy on this forum at the moment, it is bizarre.

Totally agree, very strange people are rejoicing the fact we are going into admin, saying "when the new owners come in" complete joke

CJparker

Totally agree, very strange people are rejoicing the fact we are going into admin, saying "when the new owners come in" complete joke

It is all very exciting, if scary. CCFC still trading and no SISU - dreamland!

Grendel

I think most are delighted that Sisu's intention to put us into Liquidation as now been derailed.
y o

Many on tonights phone in said they preferred liquidation than remain in League One with SISU.

Unless we found a buyer we are liquidated anyway or linger on for years like Portsmouth -- relegation, relegation then liquidation.

Baginton

he didnt feck up Luton...
the board at the time who lost £14m planning a huge warehouse / stadium complex whoes mate owned the land fecked them up

only bad thing was losing all the best/ most valuable players/assets immediately (unlike Rangers!)
they were playing a FA cup replay at Anfield and asked if the players could stay for that game, and Guilfoyle said no
all the loanees were returned to their club

Admin cost the new owners £3m in about 8 months

covmark

It is all very exciting, if scary. CCFC still trading and no SISU - dreamland!

It all reeks of hypocrisy though, sisu are accused of gambling with the future of ccfc and slated for it, now ACL are gambling with our future and are applauded for it, very sad state of affairs

kdrinkell

I've always thought far from being the rescuers of the club Sisu are merely killing us slowly.

covmark

I've always thought far from being the rescuers of the club Sisu are merely killing us slowly.

But it doesn't help when you're being bent over and bumfucked 1.2 million times a year by the local council and a local charity

Diehard Si

But it doesn't help when you're being bent over and bumfucked 1.2 million times a year by the local council and a local charity

Wake up. The rent has very little to do with it really.

Also they have had a good offer for the rent, accepted it and then gone back later and rejected it

Baginton

without the match income from food/beverages and without owning the ground, it is unsustainable.

what happened to the lease to buy plan?

mattylad

From Dec 2011
Outraged Plymouth Argyle fans have been hit with bizarre 'debt' demands from the club's former administrators. Strongly-worded letters from The P&A Partnership landed on the doormats of several supporters on Christmas Eve.
Argyle Fans' Trust chairman Warren Bowden said they demand payments – some of up to £5,000 – by a January 12 deadline, but without any explanation of what the cash relates to. Nobody from The P&A Partnership was able to fully explain the letters when contacted by The Herald.
But supporters' group the Argyle Fans' Trust, itself asked for over £150, is considering contacting legal professionals amid fears elderly or panicked fans will hand over the money without asking questions. I think it's outrageous," said Trust chairman Warren Bowden. So many of our members have received them and nobody knows what they're for. We're looking for a written apology and an end to this stupidity."
The P&A Partnership were appointed as the Pilgrims' administrators in March, with the club in financial meltdown.
They were heavily criticised by fans as the drawn-out search for a new owner saw Home Park staff work for nearly a year without pay.
The future of the 125-year-old football club remained in the balance until October, when businessman James Brent struck a last-ditch rescue deal.
Before then, all of Argyle's finances were controlled by The P&A Partnership.
The Sheffield-based firm recouped only a fraction of the fees it racked up during the administration as part of Mr Brent's buyout, agreeing to write-off around half its costs.
The letters to fans, signed by P&A Receivables' Ashley Cooper, call for "the collection of outstanding monies".
Supporters are asked to send a cheque for a particular amount, or provide written details of when the unnamed invoice was settled.Mr Cooper told The Herald he was unable to divulge any information about how many supporters had been contacted or what the letters related to. Lead administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has been unavailable for comment.
Ian Newell, administrator of the PASOTI fan forum website, received a letter demanding £225
He is adamant he does not owe anything, and has vowed to fight the firm as far as a courtroom to resolve the issue.
"Nothing surprises me about The P&A Partnership," said Mr Newell, who was also part of a Contingency Plan Committee that worked doggedly throughout the Greens' administration to ensure the club's survival.
"As for their letter, as it is so vague, with no explanation as to what they suggest the 'debt' is about, I will not be gracing it with a reply.
They could always take me to court – I'd look forward to that."
Several members of the Green Taverners – a fundraising group that raised tens of thousands of pounds for Argyle and its workers during administration – have also been told to pay amounts of up to £5,000.
The Argyle Fans' Trust is being asked for £152.02 of what it believes was a £750 bill for match ball sponsorship.
The group says its records show the invoice, from April, was paid in full.
"To send them out on Christmas Eve is plain insensitive, especially considering these could have gone out to elderly people and all sorts," said Mr Bowden.
"We're asking our members to let us know if they have received a letter so we can take on their cases. If they have documents to prove they do not have outstanding debts, we'll Do everything we can. We're considering our options and we may have to end up taking legal advice. If The P&A Partnership want a fight, we'll give them one!!

Last edited:

Noggin

There seems to be an air of excitement and joy on this forum at the moment, it is bizarre.

joy is wrong for sure, excitement is fine though, before there was mostly just despair at the situation and while that despair is still there and perhaps even worse there is reason for excitement alongside that despair. Before we were fucked, now we are probably still fucked but you know there is a chance it could come good, I think for alot of people the last year or 2 of this slow death has hurt their enjoyment of the football, now that death is coming quickly or we are going be ok and while it's certainly not a reason for joy, it is a reason for excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread