ACL make a bid for CCFC Ltd (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Has nobody realised that ccc have been manouvering for a buyout. I thought this was common knowledge. Imagine ccfc run by the mutton and his bumboy pals. The council have run the town centre into the ground... ... What would they do to us!! no way acl/coventry council

Which current members of the Council Cabinet are Homosexuals?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im at the forum, linell announced he'd heard it through sources but it is as yet unconfirmed.
Would make sense, council will want to keep the club in coventry at the end of the day

New his 'sources' would come into it somewhere along the line ;)

Not always reliable thoug. Remember Di Canio was certain for a return to Swindon :whistle:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Don't forget, ACL are an £8m business, if which the football club represents less than 20%.

If their plan is to bring the football club under their umbrella, the enhanced turnover would help FFP limits greatly; and all incomes would be out to a harmonious good.

It would make a decent proposition to a potential buyer.

That stated, I might prefer they retain control, re-employ Andy Thorn as club ambassador and ban the playing of Marillion songs within 10 miles of the stadium...

covmark

If it is in any way true then I would have to assume it is a stratagy employed by haskel

maybe he has bought 50% of ACL and got the funds to back their bid as an alternative to is own

Just a conspiracy of course

You may be right, nothing wrong with conspiracies

Grendel

only Grendel could see unification of the Ricoh stadium and ccfc as catastrophic !!!!!

Are you for real?

The greedy filth will set their own rent to new buyers. The club needs to be owned independently and ACL absorbed at no cost.

It's morons like you who bend over and demand more pain from the council who have helped create the mess.

If we were bought by ACL we would be liquidated in 6 months no question.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I haven't read the whole thread but why have ACL put in a bid for te club? All there action have been motivated they say for the best of the club and getting to of SISU, why are they not working alongside other bids who would be better suited to run the club ie Haskell/Byng to take over the club and the arena. Why have they put up a rival bid. It seems the council are desperate to keep the Ricoh and are reluctant to deal with anyone on ownership of the Ricoh

Even if we get rid of SISU we won't go anywhere or improve unless the council are prepared to deal with new owners on ownership of the Ricoh, they say they would do that but I'm not 100% convinced

bigfatronssba

Are you for real?

The greedy filth will set their own rent to new buyers. The club needs to be owned independently and ACL absorbed at no cost.

It's morons like you who bend over and demand more pain from the council who have helped create the mess.

Please think things through before posting.

Why would ACL go through the effort & cost to buy the club only to liquidate it? Add in the fact according to you that ACL rent is comparable to that paid by the US Govt for Mount Cheyenne, your argument doesnt make any sense.

sky blue john

Are you for real?

lol you really are the biggest joke on here !!!!

Noggin

Are you for real?

Most ludicrous thing you have ever said,

Grendel

lol you really are the biggest joke on here !!!!

Let's explore this.

Do you think ACL would have enough money to sustain a football club and finance it?

When it makes losses and ALL football clubs make losses will the taxpayer fund losses?

bigfatronssba

Let's explore this.

Do you think ACL would have enough money to sustain a football club and finance it? Well if they haven't then the administrator won't sell to them.

When it makes losses and ALL football clubs make losses will the taxpayer fund losses? No, they will look for a buyer

ACL have proven themselves to be far more capable of running a business than Sisu.

Grendel

Grendel

ACL have proven themselves to be far more capable of running a business than Sisu.

Without a grossly overblown rent they haven't. Oh and they've never ran a football club. You are truly insane if you believe they are a preferred option.

bigfatronssba

Without a grossly overblown rent they haven't. Oh and they've never ran a football club. You are truly insane if you believe they are a preferred option.

Preferable to Sisu.

A rent they were able to get away with because CCFC was so badly run?

Grendel

Samo

Are you for real?

Oh the crushing irony!

bigfatronssba

I ask again. Would sisu holdings agree to this?

Agree to what? ACL buying Ltd? That isn't down to Holdings/Sisu to agree to, its up to the administrator.

Grendel

Agree to what? ACL buying Ltd? That isn't down to Holdings/Sisu to agree to, its up to the administrator.

Well you are clearly the administration expert and I am a mere beginner. You explain what a voluntary CVA is.

bigfatronssba

Well you are clearly the administration expert and I am a mere beginner. You explain what a voluntary CVA is.

I know little about it. As I understand it a CVA is when over 75% of creditors agree to the administrators proposal. When 75% of creditors don't agree to it the Administrator has to force through the sale of the club. Something that would result in a further points deduction.

SkyBlueTossPot

ACL place a bid and if they "win" then they will sell to either PH4 or BaddaByng meaning we have new owners and ACL have a little triumph.

I'm not bothered who buys us now as long as SISU get the fook out of town.

Love Ciy HATE SISU.......Hate Leicester !!

SLOnAir

New his 'sources' would come into it somewhere along the line ;)

Not always reliable thoug. Remember Di Canio was certain for a return to Swindon :whistle:

Just to be clear, I told the meeting two separate things:

One - that I had just had a phone call with Michael Byng who is in Abu Dhabi confirming, and agreeing that I could say so, that his group have submitted a bid.

Two - from a source that I am not prepared to identify but who I believe to be reliable, that ACL are one of the bidders. I stressed to the meeting that this had not been confirmed but that it would be checked by my colleagues at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. It may not prove to be true, but - as I say - it came to me from a usually reliable source, and since there are said to be six bidders I, and others, have been trying to identify them.

ccfctommy

Please think things through before posting.

Why would ACL go through the effort & cost to buy the club only to liquidate it? Add in the fact according to you that ACL rent is comparable to that paid by the US Govt for Mount Cheyenne, your argument doesnt make any sense.
Can you really see acl running City? They will sell up.

katzenjammer

Don't forget, ACL are an £8m business, if which the football club represents less than 20%.

If their plan is to bring the football club under their umbrella, the enhanced turnover would help FFP limits greatly; and all incomes would be out to a harmonious good.

It would make a decent proposition to a potential buyer.

That stated, I might prefer they retain control, re-employ Andy Thorn as club ambassador and ban the playing of Marillion songs within 10 miles of the stadium...

Fucking hell PKWH, is that you?

bigfatronssba

Can you really see acl running City? They will sell up.

Exactly. It would just be a means of reuniting the club and the stadium and being able to sell it on.

Ripbuster

One - that I had just had a phone call with Michael Byng who is in Abu Dhabi confirming, and agreeing that I could say so, that his group have submitted a bid.

Two - from a source that I am not prepared to identify but who I believe to be reliable, that ACL are one of the bidders. I stressed to the meeting that this had not been confirmed but that it would be checked by my colleagues at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. It may not prove to be true, but - as I say - it came to me from a usually reliable source, and since there are said to be six bidders I, and others, have been trying to identify them.

Good evening Stuart.
Just to say you changed a lot of opinions about you in the last few days,Bravo :claping hands::claping hands:

bigfatronssba

Did you manage to find out if the ACL bid is in conjunction with another party or just them on their own?

SLOnAir

Good evening Stuart.
Just to say you changed a lot of opinions about you in the last few days,Bravo :claping hands::claping hands:

Thank you, but I haven't set out to change opinions of me. My concern has been to try and hear opinions, from all sides, of what the heck is happening to Coventry City Football Club.

covmark

Any idea who the other bidders are Stuart, apart from ACL, sisu, byng and Haskell?

SLOnAir

Did you manage to find out if the ACL bid is in conjunction with another party or just them on their own?

At this stage I know no more than I have said - and I stress it has not been confirmed. If there is anything in it, it will no doubt be reported on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire just as soon as it is confirmed - if, indeed, it is.

quinn1971

I can second that.i was there. Stuart. ..What's your view on how these forums went.i dont think fisher got any of his points accross.seems still being in administration is starting to annoy him

Users who are viewing this thread