ACL + the stadium + council (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

I have never really understood the relationship between these three parties. I know ACL operates the stadium and the stadium is fully owned by the council. But how much is a 50% stake in ACL really worth?

This would depend on answers to the following:
1. How long does ACL have the right to operate the stadium?
2. Can the council force ACL to pay it a dividend?

Without answers to those questions it is impossible to work out whether it is worthwhile for the club to purchase 50% of ACL. Does anyone on here have the answers?

rob9872

I thought Higgs owns the other 50%?

kapowaz

I requested all the accounts for ACL yesterday from Companies House out of curiosity for how their finances shape up (I'll have to write a post on that later once I've properly digested them), and this is what it says in the introduction to the 2004 accounts:

The Company is a joint venture company between North Coventry Holdings Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of the City of Coventry Council and Football Investors Limited a company owned by The Alan Edward Higgs Charity.

In the 2003 version the Alan Higgs trust is replaced with CCFC, since that was prior to the trust taking over their share. So basically the council have an entity that owns half of it, and the other half is owned by an entity owned by the Alan Higgs trust.

coundonskyblue

The Arena is owned 100% by ACL.

In turn ACL is owned 50% by the Council, 50% by the Higgs trust.

From the fans I speak to there seems to be confusion as they think ACL are the Council.

ccfcadz

I think ACL own the Leasehold, The actual 'Bricks and Mortar' are owned 50/50 By the Subsidary of the Council and the AH Trust

ashbyjan

The stadium is owned by north coventry holdings a company owned 100% by the council. ACL has the contract to run the stadium and is owned 50% by the council and 50% by the Alan higgs trust. The club has an option to buy the aht share for an amount calculated in a previously agreed formula. We would never have been I'm this state if it haunt been for the triumvirate of greed and incompetence richardson Robinson and mcginnity. Thanks for nothing

Users who are viewing this thread