ACL to allow CCFC Ltd to play for free! (1 Viewer)

katzenjammer

I want to believe this is true but I am sceptical. In the statement it sounds like they'll let CCFC Ltd play for free IF they're in administration. TF said last night they'd be looking to get out of admin as soon as possible so if that happens they won't let CCFC play for free, be nice to have some clarification. PWKH, can you shed any light?

torchomatic

No my support of the football club rather than the Council go back that far. CCFC were telling ACL they couldn't afford the rent after we'd been there for three months, way before SISU arrived. ACL have taken advantage of the Football club for long enough, it's about time they gave something back.

What, after ACL had gone broke in 2006? Or do your delusions go as far as Yorkshire Bank waiving repayment of the mortgage?

wingy

Well I went to be expecting something from ACL to follow up SL's news at the forum.
So in the nature of Balance ,Torch leave it out ,ACL are saving them from themselves.
You do realise they have been ready to commit commercial suicide .
I would say that there is the Start of a sale process here for SISU's Exit ,A term that TF has used a few times an certainly at the first forum ,I believe we are now for sale.

torchomatic

Oh, so they're toying with us then. So, if SISU stay (as they could well do) then we're no better off. Shouldn't have said anything at all really until it was finalised.

CCFC limited can play for free,no mention of Sisu.....Don't count your chickens:guitar2:

Fine move by acl here,fl won't agree to groundshare when stadium is free but sisu response would be "free is still to expensive we got no money" even though we want build brand new stadium that while were still around no one will go to!!!!over to you dimbo.....

J

Jack Griffin

Ha ha they are screwing Joy's plan left right and centre and blowing the judicial review out the window with one foul swoop.

Come on Joy show us it is not about moving somewhere else. Purely to leave the Ricoh empty till you are asked to come back in your terms now is your chance.

There is absolute no excuse for ground sharing!!!!!!

I'm not so sure, to me this says Joy gets her wish to play free of rent & can move the club to fiscal break even which is the up part of the cycle TF waffled on about & where SISU can implement their exit strategy.

Also as it is CCFC Ltd ACL are talking about, acceptance by the administrator establishes that CCFC Ltd are the Football club.

ACL have certainly yielded on the pitch maintenance issue, that must have been bubbling over in the background for some time, well before the groundsman switched employ from CCFC to ACL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sub

very clever move by ACL the ball is well and truly in SISU's court now if they say no they will show that the whole thing of the ten year cycle( what ever that is) is complete bollocks and will this also make ACL's bid look alot stronger in the eyes of the administrator ?

torchomatic

Mmm, I didn't hear them complain that we were paying what most of them are paying put together.

Sky Blue Kid

No my support of the football club rather than the Council go back that far. CCFC were telling ACL they couldn't afford the rent after we'd been there for three months, way before SISU arrived. ACL have taken advantage of the Football club for long enough, it's about time they gave something back.

Allowing SISU to get away with at least 12 months non payment of rent
Then say CCFC can play free for a whole season.......and you say "It's about time ACL gave something back?" Get off your high horse ffs!:facepalm:

skyblueexile

can't understand the fear of a problem with F L - for years Hull were technically paid to use their stadium by the council owners

torchomatic

SBK, as you are on ignore I have no idea what you have said but I'd bet my left nut it was quoting me, so I'll just say "fuck off, moron".

dongonzalos

Well I went to be expecting something from ACL to follow up SL's news at the forum.
So in the nature of Balance ,Torch leave it out ,ACL are saving them from themselves.
You do realise they have been ready to commit commercial suicide .
I would say that there is the Start of a sale process here for SISU's Exit ,A term that TF has used a few times an certainly at the first forum ,I believe we are now for sale.

Exactly whilst the sale drags out. CCFC has a home.

The administrator can't say SISU are the best option as they have agreed the ground share.

It is a temporary home whilst some buys SISU out.

Cov fans get to thank ACL again for bailing us out

theferret

Allowing SISU to get away with at least 12 months non payment of rent[/B].
Then say CCFC can play free for a whole season.......and you say "It's about time ACL gave something back?" Get off your high horse ffs!:facepalm:

Since when did they 'allow' them to get away with it? They still received more via the escrow account than they were proposing to receive under the new deal that was/wasn't agreed. They then made moves to force the club into administration.

I welcome this move by ACL, it is a sensible one, but no doubt there would have been some pressure from other stakeholders (compass and Ricoh I suspect) to ensure that the club played their fixtures at the Ricoh next season. ACL need the club as much as the club need to stay in the city. A sensible move.

torchomatic

Mmm..I am thankful and hope it works out. However, I'm certainly not thankful for the inflated rate we've been charged for the last seven years (OK, six).

Here's an analogy of my own. For me this feels like ACL ran us over and are now offering to give us a lift to hospital. Great they are doing it, but they could have done so much more. As could SISU.

It's all us lot that are suffering while they have a dick fight.

Cov fans get to thank ACL again for bailing us out

torchomatic

Like what Ferret said.

Since when did they 'allow' them to get away with it? They still received more via the escrow account than they were proposing to receive under the new deal that was/wasn't agreed. They then made moves to force the club into administration.

I welcome this move by ACL, it is a sensible one, but no doubt there would have been some pressure from other stakeholders (compass and Ricoh I suspect) to ensure that the club played their fixtures at the Ricoh next season. ACL need the club as much as the club need to stay in the city. A sensible move.

ccfcway

ACL agree rent of 400k
SISU say NO
ACL put CCFC into administration
SISU pay 400k + legal fees
ACL give rent free for a year

ACL lose out and lawyers gain.

Missed anything ?

fernandopartridge

Ha ha they are screwing Joy's plan left right and centre and blowing the judicial review out the window with one foul swoop.

Come on Joy show us it is not about moving somewhere else. Purely to leave the Ricoh empty till you are asked to come back in your terms now is your chance.

There is absolute no excuse for ground sharing!!!!!!

I am not sure how it blows the Judicial Review out of the window in all fairness.

ccfcway

I can imagine Timmy waking up this morning thinking "phew, I hvae got those 3 forums out of the way". Time to read the paper....

"ACL have what........................"

:)

wingy

Mmm..I am thankful and hope it works out. However, I'm certainly not thankful for the inflated rate we've been charged for the last seven years (OK, six).

Here's an analogy of my own. For me this feels like ACL ran us over and are now offering to give us a lift to hospital. Great they are doing it, but they could have done so much more. As could SISU.

It's all us lot that are suffering while they have a dick fight.

Torch have you considered the Rate of rent was dictated by the terms of the Loan form Yorkshire Bank.

If ACL hadn't taken the mortgage its possible we could be paying more .

The original rent set to them by the Council was £1.9M. pa. You have to remember this was a fledgling business with no income streams ,the fact they took a mortgage and therefore reduced their own terms may make them appear greedy but they have paid that loan down at a rapid rate ,I'm sure that was for economic reasons rather than trousering piles of cash.

skybluepm2

An unexpected twist but a welcome one. I can't wait for Turkey Tim's response to this (probably posted via te official website at 4pm). Ground share now and it really will prove to everyone that they don't give a flying f*ck about the fans (even though we know they don't anyway).

This is obviously ACL's trump card, releasing this statement after it has been made public about their recent bid for LTD. Air of caution on the wording of the statement, it does mention 'ltd' and also 'whilst in administration'. Perhaps they know something we don't?

Fisher will also have to backtrack (again) on his statement that we will never play at the Ricoh again :) I love it!

Burning question would be whether or not we would renew our season tickets with SISU in charge at the Ricoh? As much as I despise these scumbags I would be 1st in the queue to renew mine..although still a long way to go before this is cut and dry.

The saga continues....

dongonzalos

I am not sure how it blows the Judicial Review out of the window in all fairness.

This company that are conspiring with the council to get rid of SISU. Offer them the chance to play at the Ricoh rent free after offering them 400k rent.

Not to sure Tim's idea of SISU bashing people around court rooms will hold up

Last edited:

chiefdave

it's about time ACL started to get agressive and call SISUs bluff but to me they don't go far enough with this statement, if you read what is actually in it then more clarity is required.

These concerns were discussed in great detail at an ACL Board Meeting on 7 June 2013, and we have today notified the Football League and the Joint Administrators of a proposed solution for the coming season.

To enable the Football Club to fulfil its commitments under Football League Regulations, and to provide stability whilst Coventry City Football Club Limited, which owns the League Share, remains in Administration, ACL has agreed to allow the club to play its homes games free of any rental fee, therefore removing any need for the supporters to travel outside the City to watch home games.

is it a solution for the whole season or is it just whilst in admin?

If it's the whole season then the ball is back in SISUs court. Saying that they could have added they are happy to reopen negociations or talk about a 3 year deal to really call SISUs bluff.

if it's just whilst in admin what happens when we come out of admin? still in the same situation it would seem. Again a more agressive statement along the lines of we will allow whoever the FL deem to be the football club to play the whole season, if not for free then say on the same terms as the last 3 games of last season.

With SISU you have to give them no wriggle room as they will no doubt find it and release their own statement pointing out the flaws.

Sub

if there is a long drawn out court case it makes sure we are at home not some other club (good for the fans and compass) and it also makes ACL look like they want the best for the club, and it also takes away one of SISU's items they were using against ACL and the council, and it shows the FA and administrator they are being sympathetic towards the clubs plight, and will this help their bid for CCFC LTD?

Last edited:

hutch1972

Agree with that.

This is a very decent gesture though and should be taken on face value.

If Sisu still want to move it gives them a whole year to look for another ground.

Great gesture and one that cannot be turned down , i do think though it has been made because ACL realise SISU are deadly serious about their new ground fantasy !

theferret

it's about time ACL started to get agressive and call SISUs bluff but to me they don't go far enough with this statement, if you read what is actually in it then more clarity is required.

is it a solution for the whole season or is it just whilst in admin?

If it's the whole season then the ball is back in SISUs court. Saying that they could have added they are happy to reopen negociations or talk about a 3 year deal to really call SISUs bluff.

if it's just whilst in admin what happens when we come out of admin? still in the same situation it would seem. Again a more agressive statement along the lines of we will allow whoever the FL deem to be the football club to play the whole season, if not for free then say on the same terms as the last 3 games of last season.

With SISU you have to give them no wriggle room as they will no doubt find it and release their own statement pointing out the flaws.

Agree. Since we fully expect the club to come out of administration once SISU regain control (hopefully they won't, but it the most likely outcome), then this offer seemingly becomes null and void. They need to clarify it really.

lordsummerisle

All we need now is for ACL to pay us £50,000 for every 9000 fans we bring through the doors and we'll be on as good a deal as the Lawn Tennis Association.

Bassman

Some things to keep in mind:

1) it clearly states that the arrangement applies whilst CCFC Ltd is in administration. Once we're out, i imagine a new deal needs to be agreed.
2) there is no mention of SISU or CCFC holdings, only the administrator, CCFC Ltd and the football league

Good work on ACLs part. IMHO, they've been far more professional throughout, and have usurped Timmy in the "we're doing it for the fans" stakes.

Your move Timmy, which I expect will be "I've got letters saying they'll never deal with us", which strangely enough he'll fail to produce.

magic82ball

crap analogy tbf.

Really? what's the difference? SISU knew the cost of everything when they did their due diligence and decided it was a workable business model, or did they just take over with the hope that they could reduce the rent? Ok if they did, but to behave like they have in trying to get it reduced is deplorable.

Godiva

It's really clever tactics by ACL.

I bet sisu wanted to exit admin through liquidation of limited (after paying off the debts to ACL).
The move from ACL is trying to force sisu to keep limited alive.

If limited stay in business, so does the lease with 40 odd years left.

It's not for the good of the fans ... it's an attempt to save the value on their lease.

And people say sisu are spinning ...

Users who are viewing this thread