Adams - No regrets over Blades (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

article-1342800-0C9C3863000005DC-732_634x428.jpg

Beleaguered Blades boss insists he would do nothing differently

Micky Adams insists he has no regrets over taking the helm at Sheffield United, despite enduring a miserable start to life at Bramall Lane.

The manager is yet to experience a win since taking charge at the South Yorkshire side, with the Blades having gone 13 games without success.

Adams, a lifelong United supporter, traded possible promotion with Port Vale for a Championship relegation scrap when he stepped down as manager of the League Two club in December.

But the 49-year-old insists he would not have done anything differently if given the chance again despite the Blades, currently second bottom of the table, being hotly tipped to go down this season.

"Would I have done anything differently? The answer is 'no'," Adams told the Sheffield Telegraph.

"If I had stayed in the comfort zone then everyone would have been accusing me of bottling it wouldn't they?

"That would be the stone being thrown at me.

Never easy

"Management is never easy. It might look like it is from afar but I can assure you it isn't. Especially when you take over a team halfway through the season.
"I haven't got any regrets."

The Blades face a tough test against promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest at Bramall Lane on Tuesday night.

But Adams maintains his side should not be written off yet, adding: "It's easy to say that we're going to turn it around but we're positive and we still believe. We're not done for yet.

"I'll leave it up to others to decide whether I've bitten off more than I can chew. I know what we have to do though."

Users who are viewing this thread