Added time at the 'business end' of the season (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure what is happening, but seeing the added 8 minutes at 'Boro the other night, and Mina scoring the Everton equaliser in the 99th minute, I notice that the added time (especially where there is just one goal in it) seems to get cranked up for the important games (and then extra again). If there's only one goal in it, I bet the same happens in the play off final. Doesn't seem t happen in mid season, where the game's importance seems to be unknown at the time.

Nuskyblue

Not sure what is happening, but seeing the added 8 minutes at 'Boro the other night, and Mina scoring the Everton equaliser in the 99th minute, I notice that the added time (especially where there is just one goal in it) seems to get cranked up for the important games (and then extra again). If there's only one goal in it, I bet the same happens in the play off final. Doesn't seem t happen in mid season, where the game's importance seems to be unknown at the time.
Yes, I just said this in the epl thread. Watched the second half of the Everton game, there was nothing out of the ordinary to suggest 8mins of added time.

There was play into the 100th minute of the Liverpool game.

fatso

I've noticed this too, there was no reason for the 9 extra minutes in the Wolves vs Everton game, I'm wondering if refs have been given an instruction to add more time on, because as you pointed out it wasn't happening a couple of weeks ago.

Nuskyblue

I've noticed this too, there was no reason for the 9 extra minutes in the Wolves vs Everton game, I'm wondering if refs have been given an instruction to add more time on, because as you pointed out it wasn't happening a couple of weeks ago.
If they are that is bang out of order imo, makes a mockery of everything that went before

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Or the Referees have finally cottoned on to the time wasting that's going on.

jim20

I feel they’ve always been a bit hit and miss on adding extra time for time wasting, and have for the most part never added it. It’s fair enough if they are doing it but it has to be for the whole season and clearly communicated, it can’t just be for the last few games. Imagine if a team gets relegated from the PL for at 102nd minute goal against them, when earlier in the season they should have had time added on. Creates a massive mess!

Sky Blue Harry H

They interviewed Neves after the Wolves game and he said the ref told him they had been instructed to play 'exact times' for the last two games of the season.

Not sure it's fair to suddenly change something just for the last couple of games.
Idiocy. Like changing the offside rule for the last 6 games, when it's been different for the first 32/40/ whatever.

Sky Blue Harry H

If it puts another nail in Leicester's coffin then I don't see a problem, crack on ref.

Can't stand time wasting, and if they are belatedely starting to penalise it, good. Don't care what went before tbh.
Don't disagree with the latter point (or the first tbh!) but they need to implement a rule for the whole season and not just pick the last couple of games. Suspect they'll apply it to our play off final. Final thought, why is it always the second half that has plus 8-10 minutes, whereas (barring major incident) you rarely see beyond 3 or 4 in the first half. Plain odd.

jeycov

Don't disagree with the latter point (or the first tbh!) but they need to implement a rule for the whole season and not just pick the last couple of games. Suspect they'll apply it to our play off final. Final thought, why is it always the second half that has plus 8-10 minutes, whereas (barring major incident) you rarely see beyond 3 or 4 in the first half. Plain odd.

More likely to be substitutions, 30 seconds each one? so that already 5 mins
All we need is consistency

Sky Blue Harry H

More likely to be substitutions, 30 seconds each one? so that already 5 mins
All we need is consistency
That's if 10 substitutions are made in the second half (rarely happens), but I agree it would tend to make the second half additional time longer.

Skybluedownunder

If it puts another nail in Leicester's coffin then I don't see a problem, crack on ref.

Can't stand time wasting, and if they are belatedely starting to penalise it, good. Don't care what went before tbh.

I actually don’t mind Leicester, I’d rather play them if we go up than Everton. The more rivals we have in a league and closer away days the better. Better than going up to Scouse land.

Watching what Leicester have achieved in recent times it’s hard not to applaud them and like what they have done, would have been great to play them if we go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

They interviewed Neves after the Wolves game and he said the ref told him they had been instructed to play 'exact times' for the last two games of the season.

Not sure it's fair to suddenly change something just for the last couple of games.
That’s fucking nonsensical. If it’s a justified rule then do it for the whole season.

It’s not WWE for fuck sake with special rules randomly thrown in

makes my blood boil

chiefdave

I get that is what should happen but that raises two issues, should that have been happening all the time and why change it so late in the season?

Nuskyblue

That’s fucking nonsensical. If it’s a justified rule then do it for the whole season.

makes my blood boil
That's outrageous.

They obviously applied that in the second leg against Boro and not the game at the CBS, there is no way one game had double the amount of stoppages.

Maybe they only apply it where they want a specific outcome...

Sky Blue Pete

That's outrageous.

They obviously applied that in the second leg against Boro and not the game at the CBS, there is no way one game had double the amount of stoppages.

Maybe they only apply it where they want a specific outcome...
Seemed like it from the added time to some decisions to the commentary

GaryJones

Love to revisit this thread if we are 1-0 down to Luton on Saturday and 4th official puts the board up with 9 minutes on it!

its a buzzard

makes my blood boil
cf the debacle at the end of the 2021 F1 season.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread