vow

Jul 30, 2015
Coventry
One ad I do like at the mo is the Samsung S8 one with Rufus Wainwright delivering a fantastic rendition of John Lennon's Across the Universe.

Hauntingly beautiful.
Don't think you've quite grasped this thread yet, me ol' sausage.

Reactions: wingy

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Don't think you've quite grasped this thread yet, me ol' sausage.
Ha! Yeah, I do, but failed to highlight DO in my statement. Had I had done that it would have made sense.

Hopefully.

vow

Jul 30, 2015
Coventry
Ha! Yeah, I do, but failed to highlight DO in my statement. Had I had done that it would have made sense.

Hopefully.
Sorry, I don't recollect :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just listened to that tune, Otis, cracking song.

Reactions: Otis

Malaka

Jan 23, 2014
Coventry
I have just watched Skeletor dancing quite camply in the street WTF!!!!

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
Ads like that are proper shit, it's just 'remember this old song lol' with something wacky happening. Cadbury's do it too

xcraigx

Jan 24, 2013
I don't see the point in supermarkets putting on adverts that don't actually advertise anything. The recent Sainsbury's adverts are a perfect example. How does that intice me into their shops? It doesn't. Anyone that doesn't mention their prices automatically go on my 'they must be rip off' list and I give them a swerve.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Mar 6, 2015
Crewe
I just hate adverts. Full stop! :emoji_rage:
Me too. Especially when you're channel hopping and it's one long ad break after the other. Or you find something half decent to watch, switch channels and then it's straight into the ads.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
One ad I do like at the mo is the Samsung S8 one with Rufus Wainwright delivering a fantastic rendition of John Lennoyn's Across the Universe.

Hauntingly beautiful.
Yep that track is captivating, a great example of the cover version.

Reactions: Otis

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
BBC says 'outside the UK'
What annoys me is when you watch a film and they show the same advert on every break.
I try to make a point of not buying any of those products.

Reactions: xcraigx

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jan 24, 2011
Malvern
That twat that comes on screen and just says "What's going on?" Dunno pal, but YOU'RE going off! Then I mute the prick! I also mute that annoying opera singer! Yeah, you all know the one!

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
That twat that comes on screen and just says "What's going on?" Dunno pal, but YOU'RE going off! Then I mute the prick! I also mute that annoying opera singer! Yeah, you all know the one!
Yeah thank F*** for the mute button, like the ignore on here. B-)
And F*** predictive text too!! >:)

xcraigx

Jan 24, 2013
The new sky advert with Idris Elba which will no doubt be shown every 5 minutes for the rest of the year . "With Sky Q I can record six channels at once......and then.. .....booooooom.... I can watch a seventh at the same time".

I struggle to find one bloody channel worth watching Let alone seven.

Captain Dart

Oct 26, 2013
The new sky advert with Idris Elba which will no doubt be shown every 5 minutes for the rest of the year . "With Sky Q I can record six channels at once......and then.. .....booooooom.... I can watch a seventh at the same time".

I struggle to find one bloody channel worth watching Let alone seven.

When can you find the time to watch it?

Reactions: xcraigx

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
BBC says 'outside the UK'
We have a thread called 'Things that annoy you' and now we have one called "Adverts that annoy you'.
From this, I deduce that Adverts are not Things.

Users who are viewing this thread