AFC Coventry (1 Viewer)

M

Ms_whiplash

Never thought I would be suggesting such a thing, but after the rumour/news today is the time right to start talking about setting up a new club in Coventry?

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
IF those vultures called Sisu put in for planning permission for a new ground outside Coventry I'm all for it. Bearing in mind that Sisu will drag anything out as long as they can relevant football authorities would need to be approached you would have to find out by when.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
If a ground is built a few miles outside the city then a new club will form. I have no doubt about it whatsoever.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
Questions to Football authorities need to confirm what league and by the way they owe us
When we would have to confirm

then where do we play
What financial outlay needed?

Colours obviously Sky Blue
Nickname Sky Blues
Badge Civic badge
Manager/players

Any more?

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
No it's not the right time to start discussing an AFC Coventry.

M

Ms_whiplash

When is the right time?
No harm is getting things in motion, can always back out if things change.
Do not want to try and start things at last minute.

saltaire bantam

Jun 26, 2013
This would turn the screw and you should have done it by now. You just get bad news after bad news, year on year. I don't know what SISU would do, losing the boycotting fan base is NOT an option for them. It's a win/win movement, good luck.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
When is the right time? what if Sisu drag this out till the summer it will be too late
We will know when the right time is, it's not now IMO. We need to give it more time, we're not even half way through a season yet, and although different circumstances brighton played in gillingham for 2 seasons.

For me, setting up a afc Coventry is the point where we've given up the fight, and shouldn't happen until the football club confirms a permanently move away from Coventry or ceases to exist. All we've hot to go on is hearsay from a poster on here.

M

Ms_whiplash

I seem to remember someone looked into this before or am I mistaken if not does anyone know the outcome? By the way you free friday night:D

Am sure your right. I. feel we need to get things moving. If organised right we could gave a team in the FL before any Fisher stadium is built.

With regards to Friday, will ask my old man.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
This would turn the screw and you should have done it by now. You just get bad news after bad news, year on year. I don't know what SISU would do, losing the boycotting fan base is NOT an option for them. It's a win/win movement, good luck.
No, no, no. Easy for you to say you don't support the club.

M

Ms_whiplash

We will know when the right time is, it's not now IMO. We need to give it more time, we're not even half way through a season yet, and although different circumstances brighton played in gillingham for 2 seasons.

For me, setting up a afc Coventry is the point where we've given up the fight, and shouldn't happen until the football club confirms a permanently move away from Coventry or ceases to exist. All we've hot to go on is hearsay from a poster on here.

Agreed, but they will stretch this out and if we do not have anything planned we will miss our moment, like I said we can always drop the idea but we need an idea to be able to make that choice.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry

Certainly make Fisher and co think though wouldn't it?

M

Ms_whiplash

Thanks. You are correct we could win either way.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Agreed, but they will stretch this out and if we do not have anything planned we will miss our moment, like I said we can always drop the idea but we need an idea to be able to make that choice.

As much as it hurts we have to give it more than 17 league games. We won't miss our moment, we should be aiming at 2015-16 season at the earliest. It's a waste of time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

M

Ms_whiplash

Sorry Stupot, do not agree.
Am sure we need to register intent by February, business plan, venue and financial information by May to play in the 14/15 season.

skybluelee

May 29, 2011
Weymouth
My view has been the same from the outset. If the club does not return to within the City boundaries my 30 years support would cease. It is so sad to read that back given the almost unhealthy addicition I have had with the club since the age of 7.

Providing a new club played in Sky Blue, were nicknamed The Sky Blues and had a badge as closely resembling the existing badge as they could legally get away with, then they become my new club. If a new club didn't meet this criteria my love for football would all but die, apart from the odd game down at the BLS to watch Weymouth.

Whether its too soon........not sure. Certainly if we kick off next season at Shitfields, with talks ended on a return to the Ricoh and no concrete plans for a stadium INSIDE Coventry, then that would certainly signal a need to create a new club IMO. Maybe sooner. I don't fucking know any more.

bigfatronssba

Apr 20, 2013
For me its worth thinking about for now, we don't have to do anything yet. If/when a new stadium outside Coventry is announced, that is when we as fans should say we want no part of this. We are setting our own club up.

The only value of the club at the moment is the idea that the fans will return at some point. If we no longer consider them as our club anymore, sisu will have just said goodbye to getting their money back. Therefore I think they would take the threat very seriously.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
For me its worth thinking about for now, we don't have to do anything yet. If/when a new stadium outside Coventry is announced, that is when we as fans should say we want no part of this. We are setting our own club up.

The only value of the club at the moment is the idea that the fans will return at some point. If we no longer consider them as our club anymore, sisu will have just said goodbye to getting their money back. Therefore I think they would take the threat very seriously.

Exactly Sisu threaten see how they like it

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
What will it take for people to see what Sisu are doing? Can they do anything and you just accept it?

It's not about accepting it, it's about not making any rash decisions about a club that's been our club for over a century. Sometimes you have to sit tight and wait things out regardless of how painful it is.

IMO a breakaway club, I.e. One set up before ccfc ceases to exist or permanently moves, will be in direct competition with the club and will further fragment an already fragile fanbase.

bigfatronssba

Apr 20, 2013
It would be hillarious see Fishers face when he hears that City of Coventry FC (known by its fans as Coventry City), nicknamed the Sky Blues, using an adaptation of the citys coat of arms as its badge has been set up.

No doubt he would threaten legal action, claiming those names to be intellectual property of otium.

Users who are viewing this thread