Match Thread AFC Wimbledon v Coventry (3 Viewers)

Dickie

Remember how crap we started last season? Keep the faith!

Grendel

If the first round of the League Cup had any bearing or correlation whatsoever on the success of the rest of the season then I'd be pissed off.

But it doesn't. So I'll get over it in about 4 minutes and look forward to Saturday.

Usual seat for Saturday? armchair in front of the TV?

SIR ERNIE

Clearly the hope for tonight was that the new strikers would find the net and get firing ready for important league games to come.
That they haven't is less than ideal preparation for Boro.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It was more your insinuation that Robins should be feeling pressure from Doug because the new strikers haven’t scored in their one start each. Patience, darling.
I’m not saying he should be feeling the pressure. It’s more he’s been given the tools finally to improve the squad, so how long would Doug give him? Last year we accepted a 10 game winless streak at the start because we didn’t have a pitch and let’s face it SISU gave him 2 pints of lager and pack of crisps to work with.

Matt smith

I’m not saying he should be feeling the pressure. It’s more he’s been given the tools finally to improve the squad, so how long would Doug give him? Last year we accepted a 10 game winless streak at the start because we didn’t have a pitch and let’s face it SISU gave him 2 pints of lager and pack of crisps to work with.
How long would Doug give him

hahahahahaha

alexccfc99

I don’t know why I bother going to League Cup games under MR cause yet again that was pathetic

Took their foot off the gas and expected Wimbledon to roll over easy - arrogant performance from us second half and we deservedly lost, hope Wimbledon get a good draw next round

David O'Day

mate, have a word

bigfatronssba

This is brilliant , there's no thought process to alot of what's being said it's all just anger 🤣
Of course it is. Football is an emotional game.

But you can't expect people to care enough to emotionally invest themselves into the club, but then not expect them to be angry when we throw away a game

Matt smith

I don’t know why I bother going to League Cup games under MR cause yet again that was pathetic

Took their foot off the gas and expected Wimbledon to roll over easy - arrogant performance from us second half and we deservedly lost, hope Wimbledon get a good draw next round
Probably for the 10 points you loyalty point grabber 😉

Evo1883

Of course it is. Football is an emotional game.

But you can't expect people to care enough to emotionally invest themselves into the club, but then not expect them to be angry when we throw away a game
I don't care I'm just admiring the meltdown , it's brilliant

bigfatronssba

Hopefully its a kick up the arse to any of them who thought they could put in an arrogant performance.

The glimmer of hope is that the Wrexham game preceded a great run

It is a really poor result,and given the investment is concerning.
At this point, nothing more than that. No need for over reactions. On Sunday we lost to the favourites for promotion and gave them work for their points.
Tonight is far more problematic and the lack of goals is not good. That said, win on Saturday and a lot will be forgiven and forgotten. For now, it will take time for Simms to adapt to being the main man, he is only 22, and Wright was spent most of last week travelling and sitting around Ryton.

Ccfcisparks

Now that has to be the biggest overreaction of the night

covcity4life

From sounds of it none of the newbies did enough to get I to says starting 11? Perhaps wright might get the nod but I imagine it will be same 11 from Leicester game.

Grendel

Were you at the game tonight?

No that’s why I’m not making stupid patronising comments it doesn’t matter - it clearly does if you’ve made an effort to attend a game and clearly it’s going to piss off anyone who went

Users who are viewing this thread