Match Thread AFC Wimbledon v Coventry (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Even so he's publicly throwing the midfield under the bus so two expensive players save face.

He may well be telling the strikers it's on them in the dressing room but he's still blaming others in the media, and for me that would arguably make it worse.
I don’t think it does. Those players know they’ve had bad games.

What surprises me is both forwards outperformed their xG last season yet look seriously rusty in front of goal.

Grendel

I'm going to do a 'you' and answer your question with a question; why do you think the bookies have us as 13th in the list?

Because of the betting on the teams and whatever formula is calculated to establish the odds I assume

Otis

Never said that didn't. But over 2 games we have had 48 shots, Vs 29 against, conceded 4 and not scored from open play yet, but managed to concede 4 from open play. It's not great is it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
To put a positive spin on it, stu, if we have 48 shots every 2 games, we are going to score a shed load this season.

They will soon start flying in.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Out of interest, what are stats like for new forwards when they first arrive - especially at Coventry. Do they tend to immediately score goals? Have many players scored 5+ in their first 10 games here?
Comparing price tags - Keane scored 3/3 and Bellamy scored 2 in his first 3

Hartson i only remember him scoring 1 in his first couple

SeaSeeEffCee

Could really do with at least 1 of Simms or Wright scoring on Saturday. This felt like the perfect opportunity for them to get some goals and build confidence but well…

CCFC86

This shows how vital Doyle & McNally were as a pair massively crucial to our clean sheet record. This defence would concede from a u10s team ATM

Brighton Sky Blue

Could really do with at least 1 of Simms or Wright scoring on Saturday. This felt like the perfect opportunity for them to get some goals and build confidence but well…
It confused me that they didn’t both start. Would be interested to see the Simms chance again, ideally as a gif so I don’t have to endure ‘highlights’

Grendel

Any chance you'll accept that the only people who were there and are posting in here have been positive about the performance and are not worried at all about the next game(s)?

@Brighton Sky Blue was not very positive was he?

Grendel

I don’t think I criticised much besides the finishing. Praised the rest and largely disagreed with Robins’ assessment.

The most critical opinion was actually the manager’s

Your ratings didn’t suggest a sublime performance

napolimp

This shows how vital Doyle & McNally were as a pair massively crucial to our clean sheet record. This defence would concede from a u10s team ATM

We kept 8 clean sheets since McNally joined in January, and 12 clean sheets prior to him joining.

Nuskyblue

To put a positive spin on it, stu, if we have 48 shots every 2 games, we are going to score a shed load this season.

They will soon start flying in.
I feel like this was a comment we saw pop up roughly 12 months ago (a sentiment I happen to agree with). Plus we always lose in the haribo cup.

mmttww

Robins' comments were pretty scathing.

Nice insight in to the standards he sets.

alexccfc99

The players will have no doubt seen the draw and they will have been gutted they have missed out on a trip to Stamford Bridge (The Ball Number would have been the same so we would have played them had we won)

As a player you want to play at the top level and they’ve missed a huge opportunity to test themselves against an elite level club - Hopefully they come back with a vengeance Saturday

alexccfc99

Also worth nothing, whilst he’s got more than enough credit in the bank to get away with it

Our cup performances under Robins are and have mostly been pathetic and brittle, it’s never us who seems to get the nice cup run which is a shame as we haven’t had a decent one in years

coop

Just watched highlights that simms miss is absolutely shocking and it was foul throw for there second but we lost , can't defend against an absolutely shit league 2 side and after bringing on first teamers. Better sort this out quick as no game is ever easy in this league and I we don't want to be bottom after 5 games.

CDK

Normally I would say bring on borough ,could be a 3rd loss chaps.Also robins doesn't do cup runs he's got form for it.

TomRad85

Largely ignoring this atm as I don't really care about the league Cup. If we lose again at the weekend, to a Boro side who look even less ready for season than us, I'll defo be popping on here for a hissy fit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Seymour_East

People writing off Wright on twitter now. The bloke hasn't been in the door a week, and he won us the penalty tonight!
Twitter is nothing but a cesspit. Wright looks fine, Simms needs to get his head straight after his ‘big money’ move and on Godden I’ve said it before, not good enough for this league even if he his a very likeable bloke.

mmttww

Notice Liam Kelly mentioned game management and robins mentioned how we don't knit together whenever hamer goes off.

Two points posters were jumped on for last night
True or not, neither of them are going to come out and rip the strikers to bits on camera.

Sick Boy

True or not, neither of them are going to come out and rip the strikers to bits on camera.
Of course not but it doesn't mean they're not contributing factors. Each of them is going to be an issue considering the number of new players we've brought in and the obvious lack of fitness.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Steered clear of the obligatory meltdown. Annoying result yes but can’t get too upset, especially after seeing the post detailing our results in this competition over the years. Only annoyed I didn’t stick a few quid on Wimbledon !

Shortened pre season and all the changes have definitely had an impact, not an excuse just facts. Need to sort ourselves out quickly though. Hopefully we win and the new strikers to get off the mark soon and we can have the exciting season I’m expecting/shown from chances being created.

Reactions: PVA

OyJimmy

1 nil at the weekend would be a great result. Strikers often improve, if the back line can hold it together for a while then the goals will start to flow

gspotgaz

What is with some of our moronic fans instantly slaughtering a new player the minute they don’t look like prime Messi - absolutely bizarre behaviour that has no positive result.

Simms will score goals and despite the price tag, needs time to settle and adapt to us and clearly isn’t the finished article. He’s proven he can score goals in this division and looks like a confidence player who needs support and momentum behind him.

CCFCSteve

What is with some of our moronic fans instantly slaughtering a new player the minute they don’t look like prime Messi - absolutely bizarre behaviour that has no positive result.

Simms will score goals and despite the price tag, needs time to settle and adapt to us and clearly isn’t the finished article. He’s proven he can score goals in this division and looks like a confidence player who needs support and momentum behind him.

100% this. This lot class themselves as supporters ?! Digging out a 22 year old 1.5 games into his city career. Embarrassing

hill83

Mr Fawlty very angry, he shout and swear at me, kick me and hit around the head. He say my fault we lost because l didn’t go and support and sing together we will never loose.
But it not my fault, l had ticket but Mr Fawlty rip it up and throw away, he say l have to work because very busy in hotel.
l hiding under table with Basil my hamster, he frighten Basil as well.
l say don’t worry Mr Faulty, we not loose any points it just rubbish cup game, we win 5 nil on Saturday gainst Middlesbro. Hatrick for Simm and Wright.
Mr Faulty calm down now but me stay under table for bit longer till safe to come out!

img_4664_original-gif.30834

Users who are viewing this thread