After goal chant (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Remember when Robins arrived the first time? He wanted energy around the stadium and binned the after goal blast of The Sky Blue Song in favour of Chelsea Dagger.
Yeah Chelsea dagger was the Coleman years. It was pretty ubiquitous around most football stadiums in the late naughties.

I could be wrong but I don’t remember it coming back under Robins?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't know it was an actual thing. Just thought it happened every so often.

Too busy throwing my pint

shmmeee

I didn't know it was an actual thing. Just thought it happened every so often.

Too busy throwing my pint

I don’t think it was always every goal, but seems to be now. Maybe I’m just old.

bigfatronssba

There must be a specific individual who always starts it

wingy

Yeah Chelsea dagger was the Coleman years. It was pretty ubiquitous around most football stadiums in the late naughties.

I could be wrong but I don’t remember it coming back under Robins?
Yeah definitely did or whatever it was that he suggested.

TomRad85

Planning on going to watch them at some point this year. Went to the Sicilian derby years ago and it was insane, both in terms of atmosphere within the stadium and violence outside, never seen anything like it.
As long as you don't find yourself unwillingly involved it sounds great

Brighton Sky Blue

I was at Bologna vs Fiorentina a few years back, in the curva..... that game is a fairly big derby for them.

I'd been to a number of games that week in the north..... Milan, Atalanta, Verona, etc..... but Bologna felt distinctly different and yes more Mediterranean/Southern Europe influence (despite only being an hour on the fast train from Milan).

The most alarming thing was landing in the curva in the middle of what appeared to be an internal war between the ultra groups.... up there with the most intimidated i've ever felt at a game.
We watched them against Sampdoria, so pretty low profile game but even so bouncing pyro in both ends, good noise throughout. Marko Arnautovic scored a few and the announcer had fun leading the crowd in shouting his name.

Usually find it cringeworthy when clubs here try to copy what’s done in Europe (see Crystal Palace), but I liked that.

shmmeee

Called it right! Just looked it up on Wikipedia and it was Wednesday.

Pretty impressed with myself for remembering that considering I was only about 11 at the time

View attachment 33928

Sorry in what was is it inspired by Oh My Darling, Clementine?? And what are the Wednesday lyrics? I just heard them shout Wednesday at the end.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We watched them against Sampdoria, so pretty low profile game but even so bouncing pyro in both ends, good noise throughout. Marko Arnautovic scored a few and the announcer had fun leading the crowd in shouting his name.

Usually find it cringeworthy when clubs here try to copy what’s done in Europe (see Crystal Palace), but I liked that.

Glad all over, by The Dave Clark 5. Used to be a favourite at Highfield road back in the day.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone needs to remind me what the Huckerby chant was to. I'm getting Ocean Colour Scene is my mind but cant' get the track.

Sky Blue Pete

ooohhhooohhhhh ooohhhooohhhhhh ooohhooohhoooohhoooohhooohhooooooohhooooooooohh
Oooohoooooooh oooohhhoohhooohhooohhoooooohoooohooohooohooohoohoohooh 👏 CI 👏 TY
Think it hit off cos the drummer does
Duh duh duh duh
Duh duh duh duh
Repeat and then we come in

Gynnsthetonic

At HR in the mid 90s wasn't there a little jingle of the sky blue song, the announcer (can't remember his name) named the scorer and then the jingle again, very basic but still good, nothing at all like the Napoli video😃
Edit: Jim Tynham

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

I'm the same with crowds jumping. Looks awesome in places like Germany when a whole stand do it in time but feel like it would look shite over here for some reason (not counting City fans doing the "Poznan")

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm the same with crowds jumping. Looks awesome in places like Germany when a whole stand do it in time but feel like it would look shite over here for some reason (not counting City fans doing the "Poznan")
Rangers do a fun one called ‘the bouncy’. Celtic’s is the less appealingly named ‘huddle’.

nightowl1883

never got the "poznan" why would you turn your back on the match, would look like a bunch of muppets if the opposition scored straight away.

Jonny

never got the "poznan" why would you turn your back on the match, would look like a bunch of muppets if the opposition scored straight away.

Rough idea of it is the fact that match is going so well that it has become secondary to the party going on in the stands, you don't even need to watch it anymore.

nightowl1883

Rough idea of it is the fact that match is going so well that it has become secondary to the party going on in the stands, you don't even need to watch it anymore.
oh, might be ok for Man city fans then, never had the feeling "the match is going so well" supporting Coventry

nightowl1883

Tuesday night i was thinking if they get one back is only 4-2 anything could happen! (i did go to coventry v forest in the league cup in 1990)

bigfatronssba

I remember the league 2 play off final.
3-1 up with a minute to go I was crapping myself

Travs

Although not as worried as i was against them in 97 after the Huckerby goal..... Beckham stepping up for that free kick.... thankfully he slipped and it flew into the East Stand.

Users who are viewing this thread