Aj Usyk (1 Viewer)

stupot07

AJ got schooled there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mark82

Not sure Fury AJ fight will ever happen now. Fury would destroy him anyway.

Assume AJ will have a rematch clause written in.

Evo1883

He's lost twice now in his prime ...

People compare him to Bruno but bruno never lost to anybody outside the top 5 ... and everybody loved Bruno 😉

JAM See

I presume this year's 'Fight of The Century' (Fury v Joshua) is now off.

Who is Tyson going to beat up instead?

How much money have Eddie Hearne and his cronies lost after this result?

JAM See

Absolute lesson. I’ve had about 10 pints and I wanted AJ to win, purely for the Fury pasting. But that was embarrassing. Body building dosser

Edit: and wine and a few gins. It was my dads 58th
Happy birthday to your pops.

Really disappointed with AJ. He spent the whole fight feeling him out and finding his range. I don’t think he let his hands go at all. He wobbled Usyk at one point but let him have time to recover, no killer instinct at all.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Really disappointed with AJ. He spent the whole fight feeling him out and finding his range. I don’t think he let his hands go at all. He wobbled Usyk at one point but let him have time to recover, no killer instinct at all.
Looked to me like he didn't feel confident he wouldn't get caught by Usyk if he tried to impose himself. Can't say i was shocked by an Usyk win but i was still surprised by just how good he looked vs a big heavyweight. He didnt look so clever vs Chisora but AJ didnt try to rush him at any point really. Usyk vs Fury will be interesting (if we get that).

tisza

Outboxed but just looked like he was afraid to take a risk. Never seemed like Usyk had a KO punch in him.
Not a clever strategy to assume someone is going to tire late rounds and everything will be okay.
Should have started taking bigger risks from 10 onwards.
His corner never sounded like it was pushing him properly either.
Tbh that bollocky ring entrance just gave an impression of "thinking it was a walk in the park"

Nick

Administrator
Usyk could have knocked him out at the end. Aj stood there with his guard down for about 5 seconds.

He knew he had won though.

Aj straight down the tunnel.

LastGarrison

I really don’t get Joshua’s tactics last night and you have to look at his corner to take some of the blame. I love Rob McCracken but he got it so wrong last night.

Did he really try and outbox a boxer? Every advantage Joshua had he failed to use. He should have been leaning on him, roughing him up and pumping his jab but he didn’t do any of it.

He is so flat footed and Usyk couldn’t miss with that left. He got completely outboxed and even when it got to the tenth and there was no other option he didn’t even go for it and go out on his shield. It seemed like he was happier to lose on points than let his hands go and go looking for the knockout.

Fury is a different level to Joshua and I’m not even sure Joshua takes the fight now as although it earns him millions he gets absolutely schooled.

However, let’s not forget Usyk in all of this. What a class, class boxer and a decent human being as well. He could have ducked and dived the last few rounds and bored it out but he continued to put Joshua on the back foot.

His movement, both head and feet, was truly outstanding and he just didn’t stop. Amazing performance and deserved winner.

Evo1883

I really don’t get Joshua’s tactics last night and you have to look at his corner to take some of the blame. I love Rob McCracken but he got it so wrong last night.

Did he really try and outbox a boxer? Every advantage Joshua had he failed to use. He should have been leaning on him, roughing him up and pumping his jab but he didn’t do any of it.

He is so flat footed and Usyk couldn’t miss with that left. He got completely outboxed and even when it got to the tenth and there was no other option he didn’t even go for it and go out on his shield. It seemed like he was happier to lose on points than let his hands go and go looking for the knockout.

Fury is a different level to Joshua and I’m not even sure Joshua takes the fight now as although it earns him millions he gets absolutely schooled.

However, let’s not forget Usyk in all of this. What a class, class boxer and a decent human being as well. He could have ducked and dived the last few rounds and bored it out but he continued to put Joshua on the back foot.

His movement, both head and feet, was truly outstanding and he just didn’t stop. Amazing performance and deserved winner.

Problem AJ had is that he just isn't at that level to begin with .

What we are saying is the o ly way he wins this fight last night is to get close and use power to the body and face .

The thing is he couldn't get close because he was fighting somebody who moved like a middleweight , he would have been gassed by round 6 .

I can't see him even getting close in the rematch .. his career is now essentially on the downward

LastGarrison

Problem AJ had is that he just isn't at that level to begin with .

What we are saying is the o ly way he wins this fight last night is to get close and use power to the body and face .

The thing is he couldn't get close because he was fighting somebody who moved like a middleweight , he would have been gassed by round 6 .

I can't see him even getting close in the rematch .. his career is now essentially on the downward
That’s exactly what we are saying.

He was never going to out box him so he had to use his advantages; height, reach and power. And he used none of it.

He has never been the best boxer, and too be honest he doesn’t have to be, but to not fight to your own strengths is madness.

Users who are viewing this thread