Transfer Rumour Alan Browne (90 Viewers)

torchomatic

fatso

First transfer thread of the summer then

Whilst we aren’t name checked in the article there seems to be whispers we are in for him - Would break the mould of one of our normal signings

IF** it is us and we have outbid the biggest contract Preston have ever offered a player in their history, are they just skint or are we throwing money at it:unsure:
If we were to sign him on a free, we could afford to pay a decent wage.

A big wage for Preston is tuppence ha'penny and a bag of Worthers Original.

ProfessorbyGrace

I mean, we do need a healthier balance of youth ‘surrounded’ by experience…I’m all for an experienced Championship midfielder here, and if Browne fits the bill (wage or otherwise) I think that edge would be invaluable.

While we’re at it, see who else is poachable from PNE; maybe if we deplete their squad enough, we’ll actually beat the fuckers next season.

Mr Panda

He’s absolutely a midfield player and a good one at that, but I remember him playing RWB/RB in that game they smashed us 3-0 as well.

Wouldn’t want him there personally, but can do a job if needed

Jamesimus

He’s absolutely a midfield player and a good one at that, but I remember him playing RWB/RB in that game they smashed us 3-0 as well.

Wouldn’t want him there personally, but can do a job if needed

Most PNE fans seem to suggest right midfield / RWB are his best positions.

This is a no from me. My last “no” signing was Martin Waghorn and I was right about that one…

Tea & Busquets

Would love Browne for some engine and experience. Don’t know about Riis, good when healthy but gets injured a lot.

JSL

Do we expect a 6pm Friday night announcement as per last summers signings?

Hobo

We might see a few experienced championship players through the door , as Patterson was at Wembley watching us .
Useful players when “ fatigue “ cuts in ?
Patterson or Paterson?

Otis

Patterson or Paterson?
Pattinson

Robert Pattinson Batman GIF

ptr

Was not keen on Paterson last year but he’s had a fairly good season. Pick him up on a free maybe if we lose Palmer. Would think we are going for someone younger though.

Saddlebrains

Apparently Celtic and an unnamed Italian club in for Browne now, any idea if we’re close to wrapping it up @Saddlebrains or is it becoming abit more distant?

Celtic are, as are another 2 championship clubs

No idea if that changes the equation, we were in a good position a few days back, depends where he wants to go i suppose

Gint11

Probably Celtic then. 60K attendances, likelihood of domestic trophies and a qualifying game in the champions league.

Users who are viewing this thread