All time fave player! (1 Viewer)

rob9872

But you can't knock him for consistent performances

BrumSkyBlue

Dion, Huckerby, Keane and Froggatt for me. Dion and Huckerby were the one's that first got me watching city, keane for his obvious quality and froggatt after scoring some belters, one was against everton i think? Could have been a cracking player.

King-Dion

We've had lots of good players and a few really classy players. I think Tommy Hutchinson was the classiest of all. He was athletic, intelligent, made time on the ball, skipped over tackles, set up goals and scored them too. It's easy to name half a dozen great Sky Blues, but Tommy was number one.

King-Dion

Dion, Huckerby, Keane and Froggatt for me. Dion and Huckerby were the one's that first got me watching city, keane for his obvious quality and froggatt after scoring some belters, one was against everton i think? Could have been a cracking player.
. Darren Huckerby was brilliant on his day, but don't forget why he was moved on. He needed constant and intensive coaching and, half the time, ran around like a headless chicken.

Sky Blue Kid

. Darren Huckerby was brilliant on his day, but don't forget why he was moved on. He needed constant and intensive coaching and, half the time, ran around like a headless chicken.

Telfers' mrs could give a few answers to that question lol.:laugh:

King-Dion

Mick Coop

Too many to chose from, but lets not forget Carr, Coop, Sillett and Wesson...like I said too many!
I'm glad someone has remembered Mick Coop. Mick was a sound full back and was a regular for about 10 years. He rarely missed a penalty, was an excellent defender, could move up in to midfield and occasionally scored crucial goals. He was ultra reliable, not dirty and guaranteed us a good defence. His concentration throughout the game never wavered - just the kind of defender we have been missing.

BrumSkyBlue

I was only 8 or 9 by the time he moved on so I can only really remember the highlights. I do remember him being offside a phenomenal amount though!

Sky Blue Kid

To be fair he was the only fullback to play George Best out of the game.
Best hated playing against him. That's not my opinion, Best actually said it!:D

TheRoyalScam

To be fair he was the only fullback to play George Best out of the game.
Best hated playing against him. That's not my opinion, Best actually said it!:D

:thinking about:Wasn't that Chris Cattlin?

my faves:
Tommy Hutchison
Ian Gibson
Peter Ndlovu
Steve Ogrizovic
David Speedie

King-Dion

No mate, it was definately Mick Coop.;)
You're right. When we lashed out £100,000 (a record for a full back) on classy full back Wilf Smith from Sheff Wed, Chris Cattlin lost his place for a year or two. Mick Coop was hardly ever dropped and rarely got injured.

WestEndAgro

Tommy Hutchinson
Steve Hunt
Mark Hately
David Speedie
Kevin Gallagher
Ugly Oggy
Big Mo
Brian Borrows
Ian Wallace

canleykid

I was a big fan of terry Gibson short fat n fast live on the rivermead estate in spo
n end always kind and had time for fans

ccfc2011

gary mcsheffrey

theprince

So hard to chose. For me it covers 5 decades and you look at things differently as a kid than you do nowadays. The one player who was an absolute idol was George Hudson, followed a couple of years later by Ian Gibson who i think was as good as anyone in the country at that time and had he played for a Man. United or Spurs would ahve been a national star. Then we had 9 seasons of Tommy Hutchison, again suffered for playing in a less fashionable outfit. But i will pick an all time great, for me, great player and went on to serve the club in many departments including team manager of the Cup winning team and that's George Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread