Allen injury (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

This might have been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't see it. Do we know anything about Allen's injury? Sounds like a bad one

robbiethemole

Looked like a deliberate elbow from Bernard as he ran past Allen, knocked him to the floor. Along with all the snide little shirt tugs and kicks, plus the obvious fouls, the ref missed so much. Anyway, fuck em we don’t have to play them for at least a year, maybe they’ll be in administration soon.

Sky Blue Pete

Looked like a deliberate elbow from Bernard as he ran past Allen, knocked him to the floor. Along with all the snide little shirt tugs and kicks, plus the obvious fouls, the ref missed so much. Anyway, fuck em we don’t have to play them for at least a year, maybe they’ll be in administration soon.
Pulling shirts and obvious fouls are just the game
Elbowing someone in added time on the blind side of the ref after the ball has gone is a whole other level of absolute twat!
Deserves banning

olderskyblue

Must admit, I didn’t see it as an elbow at the time, just an arm up knowing they were going to clash. Could be wrong though.

the height difference between the 2 meant that Allen’s face and their players forearm were at the same level :D

skybluegod

It needs to be looked at, but will have to hope there is footage capturing it.

Not great if it means he's potentially out for the rest of the season. (I doubt it but that's what telegraph have reported it could be)

Sky Blue Pete

Must admit, I didn’t see it as an elbow at the time, just an arm up knowing they were going to clash. Could be wrong though.

the height difference between the 2 meant that Allen’s face and their players forearm were at the same level :D
Robins doesn’t agree

Terry_dactyl

Lati had his arm and shirt pulled during a first half corner, so much so he couldn't make his run and right in front of the ref, these things just seem to go unpunished
Aren’t the refs under directives to let the game flow or something? Basically let these ‘little’ fouls go unpunished?

As an aside, do not get me started on throw ins!

Sky Blue Pete

Lati had his arm and shirt pulled during a first half corner, so much so he couldn't make his run and right in front of the ref, these things just seem to go unpunished
He let a lot of physicality go which for palmer worked very well for us
It backfired with Wednesday going too far

skybluegod

Aren’t the refs under directives to let the game flow or something? Basically let these ‘little’ fouls go unpunished?

As an aside, do not get me started on throw ins!

This is the reality of football and implementing rules of the games. Refereeing directives will attempt to adapt to the general feeling within football, but people never want what they say they want.

Like you say games are meant to flow more now, but that will lead to a different tolerance level between refs and also matches.

It's why the handball rule was tweaked 3 times in 4 seasons.

VAR when it was first brought in didn't get involved in a match in the first 6 game weeks as it was being used for clear and obvious mainly factual decisions, then refs were getting pressure to get involved with a wider range of errors etc. Etc. so many examples of laws and directives changing to try and meet the general consensus but it not actually working as people will always complain about the rules!

(This isn't directed all specifically at you just piggy backing off the comment about letting things go more)

olderskyblue

It was directly in front of Robins although I agree and don't think it was an elbow, more of a forearm smash. Definitely deliberate though.
I was further along the stand to where Robins was, so saw it at an angle, and it looked like forearm to me, but, it’s all so quick in real time. I need a replay :D

Terry_dactyl

This is the reality of football and implementing rules of the games. Refereeing directives will attempt to adapt to the general feeling within football, but people never want what they say they want.

Like you say games are meant to flow more now, but that will lead to a different tolerance level between refs and also matches.

It's why the handball rule was tweaked 3 times in 4 seasons.

VAR when it was first brought in didn't get involved in a match in the first 6 game weeks as it was being used for clear and obvious mainly factual decisions, then refs were getting pressure to get involved with a wider range of errors etc. Etc. so many examples of laws and directives changing to try and meet the general consensus but it not actually working as people will always complain about the rules!

(This isn't directed all specifically at you just piggy backing off the comment about letting things go more)
The handball rule is ridiculous (I think - I’m not too sure what it is anymore) and will no doubt be changed again soon.

I guess part of the game, at least in my lifetime, has always been about fans having a moan about decisions, and discussions about how the ref has interpreted something.

I think VAR was supposed to end this but it seems to have created more. For me it should only be used for offsides, as this seems to be something which can’t be contested…you’ve got a toe offside? Tough shit it’s still offside.

Robinshio

The handball rule is ridiculous (I think - I’m not too sure what it is anymore) and will no doubt be changed again soon.

I guess part of the game, at least in my lifetime, has always been about fans having a moan about decisions, and discussions about how the ref has interpreted something.

I think VAR was supposed to end this but it seems to have created more. For me it should only be used for offsides, as this seems to be something which can’t be contested…you’ve got a toe offside? Tough shit it’s still offside.
VAR was supposed to be for clear and obvious errors, the offside toe is clearly not one of those, which is why it is flawed

Terry_dactyl

VAR was supposed to be for clear and obvious errors, the offside toe is clearly not one of those, which is why it is flawed
Haha…I think this is one of the discussions I alluded to…
I’d argue if a part of the body is offside, it’s clear and obvious.
It seems that spending 5-10 minutes to look at a potential penalty is where it falls down.

Robinshio

Haha…I think this is one of the discussions I alluded to…
I’d argue if a part of the body is offside, it’s clear and obvious.
It seems that spending 5-10 minutes to look at a potential penalty is where it falls down.
it is clear and obvious if it can be seen after no more than 2 looks at VAR
any more than that and by definition it cant be

Terry_dactyl

it is clear and obvious if it can be seen after no more than 2 looks at VAR
any more than that and by definition it cant be
Well, isn’t the ‘offside by a toe’ just a case of letting the computer do its thing with a line across the pitch?
Is that that definition of something bein clear and obvious? The two looks rule.

Users who are viewing this thread