Allen injury (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

MR is saying they won't look at it because the ref saw it and gave a free kick, therefore the ref has dealt with it.

gspotgaz

Absolute c**t Bernard is. Straight out assault and he knew it. Gunna be very enjoyable watching him get relegated… everything comes around!

skyblueinBaku

What a surprise. The EFL/FA don't want to be involved (because then they would have to do something). Much better to have a glass of sherry and a prawn sandwich. Absolutely a waste of space, all of them.

skyblueinBaku

It leaves a real feeling of anger and injustice. It's a shame the police can't get involved. Basically it's assault.
Is UK law suspended on a football pitch?

Covkid1968#

It’s put at risk his livelihood… he will miss out on opportunities during this period…. And that could have longer term implications!!

Hertsccfc

No
Allen should be encouraged to take out a civil acrion
I suspect the reality is the video evidence is not strong enough for that to be successful, which is why the EFL have taken no action. Whilst it looks to me that it was intentional the camera is not focused closely enough on the incident.

skyblueinBaku

The SW forum has several mentions of a 'shoulder barge' (charge). The FA laws state that a shoulder charge must be shoulder-to-shoulder. Allen's shoulder does not include his face.

Cheylesmore ITK

I suspect the reality is the video evidence is not strong enough for that to be successful, which is why the EFL have taken no action. Whilst it looks to me that it was intentional the camera is not focused closely enough on the incident.
That isn't true. They have not taken action as the have stated the ref saw it and mentioned it is report so they deem it was dealt at the time.

no_loyalty

MR is saying they won't look at it because the ref saw it and gave a free kick, therefore the ref has dealt with it.
Remember when the ref saw a foul on Godden in the penalty area a couple of seasons ago against Fulham, and gave a penalty. Then Godden received a retrospective ban for diving after Silva complained to the EFL. It’s a complete nonsense, the EFL make the rules up as they go.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Remember when the ref saw a foul on Godden in the penalty area a couple of seasons ago against Fulham, and gave a penalty. Then Godden received a retrospective ban for diving after Silva complained to the EFL. It’s a complete nonsense, the EFL make the rules up as they go.
Oh you can guarantee if it had been Vardy, they'd have been Sun/Mail articles on 'Metal plate for Vardy after apparent assault by SW player' and the EFL would have taken a slightly different stance...

Sky Blue Pete

Might be other evidence from camera phones or others on the pitch or expert medical opinion

Mcbean

behind us on the main stand there was only one small camera doing the match so i guess it shielded from that

slowpoke

I can still remember Gary Megson crippling Dean Emerson, one of the worst "tackles" I've witnessed.
That was when we played Wednesday a week before our quarter-final there. I sat in H block of the main stand with a row of Wednesday players directly behind being rested for the next week, near the end a crowd of Cov came in and waded into them and I mean waded in by the time the cops got there some were a bit battered and bruised.
It made the nationals.

shmmeee

Godden got banned for simulation diving when the ref saw it. The Allen one is baffling

The whole point of the Godden ban was he fooled the ref. That’s what the ban was for.

The stupid rules are stupid: if it’s a red card or pen because you fooled the ref it gets overturned and you get banned. If its anything else and the ref misses it you can get retrospective action. But if its not a red card or pen and the ref sees it and gets it wrong they refuse to do anything.

MalcSB

The whole point of the Godden ban was he fooled the ref. That’s what the ban was for.

The stupid rules are stupid: if it’s a red card or pen because you fooled the ref it gets overturned and you get banned. If its anything else and the ref misses it you can get retrospective action. But if its not a red card or pen and the ref sees it and gets it wrong they refuse to do anything.
The Godden situation was open to debate. He went down but, IIRC, didn’t claim the penalty himself. The ref awarded it, and arguably fooled himself.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Then perhaps Jamie Allen should have made a meal of it by rolling around over and over again, like they do in the Premier league and European football.

No justice, a player fakes injury and gets a player sent off, a player IS injured NOTHING. Scandalous.

Users who are viewing this thread