Amazon Fire with Kodi (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just use Exodus. That's enough for me and the missus. Might have a look at one or two others to see what they're like though.

Houchens Head

My Kodi stopped working the other day. I thought it was just internet connection, but no, that was fine. I switched off and unplugged the fire stick. Turned TV off at the wall socket, then simply turned everything back on again after a couple of minutes. Been working fine since.

vow

My Kodi stopped working the other day. I thought it was just internet connection, but no, that was fine. I switched off and unplugged the fire stick. Turned TV off at the wall socket, then simply turned everything back on again after a couple of minutes. Been working fine since.
Off and on again always works!

Covstu

I downloaded showbox on the firestick and the audio is about 5 seconds behind the film! Weird

Houchens Head

I downloaded showbox on the firestick and the audio is about 5 seconds behind the film! Weird
I've found that with a couple of films as well. The sync is out by a second or two. I usually find another download if it's too annoying.

Ccfcsj

Does anybody know what the current law is on this?

I have Kodi on my PC and use it to watch Game of Thrones. Not used it for ages though as a bit concerned I will get a knock on the door from the Police for illegal viewing :chicken:.

Rich

I think technically it's now the same as recording the top 40 to a cassette as we all did when we were younger.

Don't worry about it unless 1. you're using it or 2. you're selling loaded boxes.

Nick

Administrator
The easiest way I have found if you are into watching films / tv box sets etc is to use tools like Couchpotato and Sickbeard to download somewhere like a NAS on your network. It automates it all for you and downloads it as soon as it's live and then Kodi will pick it up and add it to the library and be ready to watch! :)

Houchens Head

I have Kodi on my PC and use it to watch Game of Thrones. Not used it for ages though as a bit concerned I will get a knock on the door from the Police for illegal viewing :chicken:.
I agree with Nick on this. I think they're trying to clamp down on people who sell the boxes ready loaded with Kodi. There are hundreds of thousands of ordinary folk who watch it via their pc or fire stick. Too many to prosecute, so they go after the source.

Skybluefaz

I'm sure watching a stream is now in the same class as downloading, therefore a civil offence that you can be sued for by the copyright owner but not prosecuted. Contrary to the newspaper bombastic headlines.

SkyBlueScottie

Wont happen, first of all your ISP will issue you a letter asking you to stop such activity and point out the ways you can access the content legally. So carry on at least until that point. Alternatively get yourself a VPN for a small fee.

Nick

Administrator
The only thing with the builds for kodi is that it looks like a blind child made them. Huge silly fonts.

Nick

Administrator
This is one I tried:

q0fyZ1i0.jpg

Why would you?

Users who are viewing this thread