American billionaire John McEvoy considers bid for club (2 Viewers)

CCFC_Irish

1665588462659.png

Taken from Nashville Predators Website.

I have a feeling it isn't just him and there will be multiple co-owners, possibly multiple billionaires.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

There's been a take over, but who's it for Chris Kamara?

giphy.gif

Skybluedownunder

Would you buy CCFC? Absolutely not, no value.
Would you buy Wasps? A little more chance.
Would you buy the CBS? Yes, I would and the amount of land and opportunities are quite a few.
If you owned the CBS would you want to buy CCFC and Wasps? Definitely, could attract the crowds and if under the same group both would prosper.
Will it happen? Possibly more chance than the nutters who claim to be previously interested.
Would it be good for all involved? Yes, including the CCC who would see the new owners in a different light.

But if all the football fans hate the wasps and the wasps only attracting small crowds and burning money left right and centre, why would anybody want us to have an owner who also owns wasps as the good money that could be spent on us will be used in their burning money pit.

I’d rather they just pissed off and we have absolutely nothing to do with them like we always have and concentrate on finding a buyer for just us and the stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

The guy isn’t recognised as a billionaire by anybody (apart from a BBC article!), so I think it’s wildly optimistic he has a network of them ready to buy a football club.

He was part of an ownership group for the San Diego Padres in MLB a few years back (although since sold). Similarly with the other sports clubs he's owned. Nothing to suggest he could buy us on his own though.

CCFC_Irish

He was part of an ownership group for the San Diego Padres in MLB a few years back (although since sold). Similarly with the other sports clubs he's owned. Nothing to suggest he could buy us on his own though.
This is the thing with him, he is involved in sports teams as a group, never owned one outright himself. To be honest I don't think he will be that interested and it is more about Ashley taking over. If what is being said is true, he seems to want to make his presence known in the local area by developing, bringing in employment, owning a football club that has potential to grow and he is from Walsall. Furthermore he will be well aware of Coventry's recent history. Taking on the wasps at £30m + is a massive loss no matter how much money you have.

Sick Boy

This is the thing with him, he is involved in sports teams as a group, never owned one outright himself. To be honest I don't think he will be that interested and it is more about Ashley taking over. If what is being said is true, he seems to want to make his presence known in the local area by developing, bringing in employment, owning a football club that has potential to grow and he is from Walsall. Furthermore he will be well aware of Coventry's recent history. Taking on the wasps at £30m + is a massive loss no matter how much money you have.
Isn’t Ashley primarily interested in London Wasps and the stadium? The only place where it’s been claimed that we’re the main goal is on here out of hope more than anything else.

Otis

It tends to be extremes with super rich people, either they try to keep as low a profile as possible or they're weird Bond villain types like Elon Musk who never shut up
I wonder if you can get an Elon Musk mask. 🤔

Brighton Sky Blue

Isn’t Ashley primarily interested in London Wasps and the stadium? The only place where it’s been claimed that we’re the main goal is on here out of hope more than anything else.

Well he needs to bid for the Wasps Group because that’s how he gets hold of the stadium, but if he had a choice between a failing and soon to be relegated rugby club and a Championship football club I think the latter is genuinely more appealing

Grendel

Well he needs to bid for the Wasps Group because that’s how he gets hold of the stadium, but if he had a choice between a failing and soon to be relegated rugby club and a Championship football club I think the latter is genuinely more appealing

He doesn’t have to buy wasps rugby club

Users who are viewing this thread