American investors (1 Viewer)

japandy

can anyone tell me of a successful American investor into British football? Also it must be said value of an American is not cash value but ‘on paper‘ value

japandy

Yes it is relevant because 'business culture' comes into it. In many situations Russian owners have little time for bosses and fire even if the manager is doing well. Sorry but Glazier hs ruined Man U financially and it is their success now which is paying 'his' loan, why you think FC Manchester was born? I think the best investors seem to be the guys from the Middle East who invest in the whole community.

ajsccfc

The Middle East that produced the owners who bought Leeds and now want to sell them at a big profit three months later? And who produced at least one of Porstmouth's 8 million recent owners?

If you're applying 'business culture' based on little more than nationality, you can rule out pretty much everyone on the same basis.

hamil99

Facebook User
Business is much more cut throat in the middle east than in the USA. If there were two people, with the same money, one from the US and one from Saudi, I'd pick the American every time.

Paxman II

Lets not start 'American' bashing.

I lived and worked there in the early 90's and again 2001 - 2008, raising my children there too.

Ironically that was in Texas. I would rather be there than here (certainly Texas) and much prefer the optimism of American's than any other culture to take our football club on. ;)

Gaz

If the Glazier's have ruined Man U
Then I wish they would come a ruin our club.

superskyblue

Yep you notice how the Glazier bashing has gone silent? That's because they've done a perfectly good job.

Randy Lerner has Villa's long term financial stability at heart (although results on the pitch are suffering) he's preparing the club for the FFP rules.

The new Liverpool owners aren't exactly ruining the club either although they could have picked a manager who invested more wisely than 'King' Kenny.

All in all the American owners in English football seem to be a good job, besides we can't turn our nose up at anyone can we?!

Harry Krishner

Nationality is highly relevant- bearing in mind the cut throat business mentality that prevails in some ares.

Japandy- is that really you??

Users who are viewing this thread