An urgent plea to Mark Robins (3 Viewers)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Mark, whatever you do next season, I implore you to find a new, experienced goalkeeper who is capable of playing 90 minutes without routinely conceding at least 2 goals (usually more) every game. And please release the two clowns who have stood in our goal this season and let them find their natural calling by wearing a red nose and a fluffy wig at the local circus.

trevelfarandwide

Something tells me it's on his priority to-do list, he doesn't seem the sort of manager who's afraid to tell Oggy that his two proteges are shite.

skybluedan

Have been saying they are both wank for seasons and not one of our many men have even looked at a new keeper
Shocking , come on mark

letsallsingtogether

Burge kicking very poor
Yes our keepers are poor neither can kick a ball but could be really have stopped any of those goals.
Poor defending led to both, funny how people are quick to blame the goalkeepers for poor marking and general defending.
Never saw them making mistakes therefore their keeper looked world class having nothing to do.

Gazolba

Yes our keepers are poor neither can kick a ball but could be really have stopped any of those goals.
Poor defending led to both, funny how people are quick to blame the goalkeepers for poor marking and general defending.
<snip>
You don't get it do you? A poor goalkeeper unhinges the entire defence.

Nick

Administrator
Never saw them making mistakes therefore their keeper looked world class having nothing to do.
He could have taken the ball that bounced in the 6 yard box for their first.

luwalla

yes most definitely... burge comes 2 or 3 foot off his line & he can punch away for the first goal, hell he might even have caught it!!.

Burge's massive problem is that he won't come off his line. a bunch of goals conceded this season are down his reluctance to come and claim balls or close down players one on one... he is a half decent shot stopper.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Oggy was a very good goalkeeper in his day. now as a goal keeping coach does anyone suspect MR's is wondering what the hell is going on? Week in week out we face the same goal keeping frailties. He has to go. Thanks for the memory.
I think the bigger issue is that two totally unproven keepers were brought into the team. Both are National League level at best. I don't think Burge would be a first choice at Nuneaton or Leamington.

PVA

Burge is (marginally) better, hence why he gets picked. But both are clearly not good enough and hopefully we have a new number 1 for next season. One of them can stay as backup.

We should get some better quality loan players from the Villa or Leicester i am sure as our neighbours they will be only too happy to help

no_loyalty

Burge wasn't at fault for either goals today, but do admit his kicking was poor at times

Grendel

Oggy was a very good goalkeeper in his day. now as a goal keeping coach does anyone suspect MR's is wondering what the hell is going on? Week in week out we face the same goal keeping frailties. He has to go. Thanks for the memory.

If Alan shearer coached Roy O Donovan he would still be shite.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Must say I have to agree with Paxman 11 same mistakes ever week not being put right. These are 2 young lads playing in a team very low on confidence and need more help than they seem to be getting from Oggy

letsallsingtogether

Burge wasn't at fault for either goals today, but do admit his kicking was poor at times
Of course he was, should have been marking the player that none of the rest of them could be bothered with marking for the first goal.
As for the second well don't get me on that one......

At the end of the day we all knew we needed a decent keeper at the beginning of the season.
Our problem is in every department on the pitch, defence is poor midfield weak and strikers we have none.
says it all when your 2-0 down and have to rely on a player like Jones.
Shame but the best player on the park was released by us on a free last season.

letsallsingtogether

Must say I have to agree with Paxman 11 same mistakes ever week not being put right. These are 2 young lads playing in a team very low on confidence and need more help than they seem to be getting from Oggy
You can ether do it or you can't these two will never do it, problem is we have no one else.

I was shit at football tried hard did the training had the heart and was coached but unfortunately I was still shit, probebly why they always stuck me in goal......

Gazolba

I think the bigger issue is that two totally unproven keepers were brought into the team. Both are National League level at best. I don't think Burge would be a first choice at Nuneaton or Leamington.
I watched the Arsenal v Lincoln game. Even though they lost 5-0, the Lincoln keeper was pretty decent. he made a few really good saves and couldn't be blamed for any of the goals.
I'm sure there are some decent goalkeepers in non-league or L2.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think R C C could be a good keeper with the right coaching. I hope next season an experienced keeper ie Joe Murphy is brought in to take the pressure off him plus a new coach.

Users who are viewing this thread